what was the original price of this BOTM?

sorry to everyone but i am not a fan of copper and clad for more than 1 reason...

There are some Bucks that are just more desirable than others..Look at some of the BOTM's that sold out in hours as there's lots of examples. A few years back Buck had a lot of web specials that were a real bargain some were incredible deals! But limited run plus a popular model means a fair amount disappear into collections never to be seen again except in cases of death of the collector or a severe financial problems that forces a sale.
In the case of this particular 112 there's a matching 110 plus it has a really rare blade (S35VN DP) plus it over a year since it was offered. I seriously doubt out of the 250(??) less than 30 or so will ever be available for sale so it's a fairly thin market. If I hadn't been concerned with feeding my whole extended family I would have never let mine go.

oh well, may I will be smarter and have more money to spend next time, if one comes up again.

I know I will want to get the 50th anniversary and the 3 pin legend 112 comming out next year.

I am getting a nice burlwood custom 112 from dogpound which I am excited aboutā€¦

Last edited:
Yes you are right, you can aquire anything pretty much if money is not a problem.

To me Its like treasure hunting at auction houses and flea markets and garage salesā€¦.the fun in in the search and anticipation of a GREAT FINDā€¦..is like deer hunting for a Trophy Class Buckā€¦.it nearly impossible but one day you might cross paths if all the stars are all aligned. You just never know.

This morning I was up early at 4 am and could not go back to sleep. I opened my Ipad and went on to ebayā€¦
typed in BOTM 112 Buck Knive ā€¦.on search engine..

What came up was NEW LISTINGā€¦..BOTM DEC. 2018 ā€¦new ..UNUSED 112 African Ebony, Nickle Bolsters with Original wood box and papers., sv30 1 of 250. . buy now.. $114 or make offerā€¦I got it, at a great price. See you can get lucky every now and thenā€¦.it keeps you treasure huntingā€¦.

Not in the class of that cocobolo sv35n 112 beauty, for sure,, but It made me happy today!

Last edited:
Not in the class of that cocobolo sv35n 112 beauty, for sure,, but It made me happy today!
Well I have both, and it seems to me the Ebony with the S30v blade stays sharp longer. So I am more likely to carry it. But either one has trouble bumping my ebony handled S30v bladed 110 for long.

O.B.

I think some of the older BOTM's don't hold value when you can essentially build the same knife in the Custom Shop. Sometimes for the same, or less money.
I noticed that too. I bought one of the December 2018 BOTM knives when they were released. It was priced at $112. Today I can build the same knife in the Custom Shop for about $102. Not a complaint, just an observation.
IMG_4518.JPG

Very good point madeā€¦..ha, maybe I did not get such a dealā€¦.unless African Ebony used on this BOTM is any different/better than current Taylor Guitar Crelicam ebony used now. Probally the same stuff, from same area. oh well.

Last edited:
Very good point madeā€¦..ha, maybe I did not get such a dealā€¦.unless African Ebony used on this BOTM is any different/better than current Taylor Guitar Crelicam ebony used now. Probally the same stuff, from same area. oh well.
You will be delighted with the knife and you got it for a good price even if you paid his asking price.

I only commented because I have always wondered how Buck avoids repeating Limited Edition configurations. Seems like a daunting task and they are entitled to a slip up now and then.

I adore my December 2018 BOTM and I know that you will have the same perspective.

Facebook might be your friend if you are looking for a hard to find Buck. Just go on and ask if someone has one on all of the Buck theme Facebook pages and you might get lucky. Post a picture of cash lol! Plus the knife you are looking for of course. I remember talking to a BCCI member who was going to the 30th anniversary in Post Falls looking for 110's. I told him to staple 10 hundred dollar bills to a hat with a note on the front saying "Only the Best" and SOMEBODY would be happy to help him out..And I'm sure someone will help you too..

A couple years back, about two weeks before they started offering ebony in the custom shop. I was told, over the phone, by a Buck employee. That they were going to start offering ebony in the custom shop, and that it would be the blond ebony wood. If there is a difference between the custom shop and the production line, I'm pretty sure it is color only. Taylor Guitar Crelicam ebony is African ebony.

O.B.

You will be delighted with the knife and you got it for a good price even if you paid his asking price.

I only commented because I have always wondered how Buck avoids repeating Limited Edition configurations. Seems like a daunting task and they are entitled to a slip up now and then.

I adore my December 2018 BOTM and I know that you will have the same perspective.
Yea, but honestly If I had calmed down and thought about it, would not have bought it. You right, is not that specialā€¦
I just saw BOTM !!!! for sale, $114ā€¦..omgā€¦.I have to buy it!!! What a deal!!!!

the only thing maybe special is the wood box, certificate and maybe the sheath is suade or something. Its not worth more than I paid for it most likely.

Now the Burlwood 112 I just bought from Dogpound is special, because the custom shop is not offering burlwood as a choice anymore.

also There was a 112 BOTM slim pro for saleā€¦.109 bucks, I looked at that, and was very unimpressedā€¦.the only thing different was blue g 10.ā€¦.otherwise same pin constructionā€¦. Big whoopā€¦.that must be the worst botm offered, ha, in regards to being special.

They are good looking blades.
Yea, but honestly If I had calmed down and thought about it, would not have bought it. You right, is not that specialā€¦
I just saw BOTM !!!! for sale, $114ā€¦..omgā€¦.I have to buy it!!! What a deal!!!!

the only thing maybe special is the wood box, certificate and maybe the sheath is suade or something. Its not worth more than I paid for it most likely.

Now the Burlwood 112 I just bought from Dogpound is special, because the custom shop is not offering burlwood as a choice anymore.

also There was a 112 BOTM slim pro for saleā€¦.109 bucks, I looked at that, and was very unimpressedā€¦.the only thing different was blue g 10.ā€¦.otherwise same pin constructionā€¦. Big whoopā€¦.that must be the worst botm offered, ha, in regards to being special.
20 bucks more for the Blue LE Botm?

Not bad for a limited run of 200.

Eeeeek! I've been trying to snag one of those blue 112's! I just looked on the 'bay and can't see it. Must be gone now or hidden to international buyers

šŸ˜«

Thank you Gentlemen! My offer is in and I await his response, as long as the system doesn't block it for some reason. No matter what I do I can't locate that item via any search. The direct link is the only way I can view it.

Back