What was your first Spyderco?

Lady bug with sheep foot blade they don't make it any more and I still have it a week after I got that i got a delica 3 se still have that one too.

I started with a Tenacious and a lady bug, still use the Tenacious for work related stuff.

First Spyderco was the stainless vg-10 dragonfly I think 3 years ago. Still have the knife but it totally changed my mind about stainless handles; that thing got mucked up very quickly and the weight made it unattractive to me for something that small. It was also too small for my rather large hands and I was an amateur to the knife community then and didn't appreciate its steel quality that much. I simply wanted a spyderco to see what the hype was about. My experience with the dfly kept me away from spydies for awhile as I got into bigger knives and autos with poorer steels that I could actually afford. That is until recently. Just got fed up with poor quality blades so I ordered a long sought after model for me in the Superleaf when I heard it was discontinued. After a few years of looking, experimenting, and compromising based on price, I think my purchases for the foreseeable future will be spydies.

...Hours later ordered the blue g-10 persistence. Just had to have it, love the look/color and 8cr13 is a great value steel in my mind.

my first was para 2 about 3 weeks ago and now own 2 more para 2's and another on the way.... oh ya i also found time to buy a sage 1

This one.

DSC00333.jpg

My first was a Walmart Native in 2006. Shortly thereafter I purchased a Endura 4. Since then my collection has grown to 2 Natives, 3 PE S30V militarys, 3 of the PE VG-10 Police, 3 PE VG-10 Endura 4's, 3 SE VG-10 Endura 4's, 3 PE ZDP-189 Endura 4's, 3 SE ZDP-189 Endura 4's, 1 CE VG-10 Endura 4, 5 PE D'allara's, 1 Bug, 1 SE Civilian, 2 of the Tenacious, 1 Tenacious on the way, and 3 resilience's on way.

My first was the Tenacious. Never had a knife that well made, or as sharp! I got quite a few Spydie bites learning how to open and close it! I just got the left handed Military! What a great knife for people that use the "wrong" hand! Not sure what the next Spydie will be, but there will be more!

Delica 4 Wave! Friend of mine gave it to me as a thank you. This was the gateway drug that started it all...

my first was a benchmade dejavoo ;)
tenacious being a ffg folder with hole opener i figured it was what spyderco was all about so why not, its not that expensive. i then said well they started the serrated edge, and that endura had my name on it with big brown puppy dog eyes so i got that one next. then someone have me an old progrip model with plastic clip is flat ground with sander and spindle sanded the serrations a bit to restore them. then my wife and i went shopping and got me a dragonfly when we first met. then i got a native, best heat treat in my whole collection imo. my parents got me the bug set after i bought myself a stretch in vg 10, and for my birthday i got the zdp mangub, cat, and resilience

My first was bought just yesterday, a Tenacious black bladed plain edge. im hoping to enjoy it and buy many more spyderco knives ive always been a kershaw guy. If i do like it just may add alot more knives to my list tho lol

Back