1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What was your first Spyderco?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Carbonsteeljunkie, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Jack of Spades

Jack of Spades

Sep 20, 2011
    My first Spyderco was Delica 4. Actually, I think it was my first decent knife.

2. jonny450r

jonny450r

Apr 26, 2013
    Lady bug with sheep foot blade they don't make it any more and I still have it a week after I got that i got a delica 3 se still have that one too.

3. secte

secte

Feb 28, 2013
    I started with a Tenacious and a lady bug, still use the Tenacious for work related stuff.

4. przftr

przftr

Feb 25, 2013
    delica 4 and also my first decent knife.

5. dunnfather

dunnfather

Apr 25, 2013
    First Spyderco was the stainless vg-10 dragonfly I think 3 years ago. Still have the knife but it totally changed my mind about stainless handles; that thing got mucked up very quickly and the weight made it unattractive to me for something that small. It was also too small for my rather large hands and I was an amateur to the knife community then and didn't appreciate its steel quality that much. I simply wanted a spyderco to see what the hype was about. My experience with the dfly kept me away from spydies for awhile as I got into bigger knives and autos with poorer steels that I could actually afford. That is until recently. Just got fed up with poor quality blades so I ordered a long sought after model for me in the Superleaf when I heard it was discontinued. After a few years of looking, experimenting, and compromising based on price, I think my purchases for the foreseeable future will be spydies.

...Hours later ordered the blue g-10 persistence. Just had to have it, love the look/color and 8cr13 is a great value steel in my mind.

6. sechip

sechip Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    my first was para 2 about 3 weeks ago and now own 2 more para 2's and another on the way.... oh ya i also found time to buy a sage 1

7. Sithus1966

Sithus1966

Jan 24, 2008
    This one.

[​IMG]

8. GroundGravy

GroundGravy

May 11, 2012
    my first was the dyad jr in micarta, love that knife

9. smokinbasser

smokinbasser

Jul 21, 2003
    I bought the Spyderco Q folder. Unreal how light it is. The serrations make it scarey sharp.

10. ashtxsniper

ashtxsniper

Oct 28, 2006
    My first was a Walmart Native in 2006. Shortly thereafter I purchased a Endura 4. Since then my collection has grown to 2 Natives, 3 PE S30V militarys, 3 of the PE VG-10 Police, 3 PE VG-10 Endura 4's, 3 SE VG-10 Endura 4's, 3 PE ZDP-189 Endura 4's, 3 SE ZDP-189 Endura 4's, 1 CE VG-10 Endura 4, 5 PE D'allara's, 1 Bug, 1 SE Civilian, 2 of the Tenacious, 1 Tenacious on the way, and 3 resilience's on way.

11. goodeyesniper

goodeyesniper

Aug 31, 2009
    was that the endura back before they neutered the tip profile?

12. Sithus1966

Sithus1966

Jan 24, 2008
    Yes, and red wasn't just for trainers.

13. billyc

billyc

Jan 31, 2013
    My first was the Tenacious. Never had a knife that well made, or as sharp! I got quite a few Spydie bites learning how to open and close it! I just got the left handed Military! What a great knife for people that use the "wrong" hand! Not sure what the next Spydie will be, but there will be more!

14. Cale8821

Cale8821

Apr 5, 2013
    The Tenacious was my first and it got me addicted to spydies!

15. Isotropic

Isotropic

Nov 19, 2012
    [​IMG]

Delica 4 Wave! Friend of mine gave it to me as a thank you. This was the gateway drug that started it all...

16. Mr Blonde

Mr Blonde

Oct 12, 1998
    Se police I bought back in 1995.

17. Sterculius

Sterculius

Oct 12, 2003
    My first was a Walmart S30V Native. Great knife!

18. goodshepherdknives

goodshepherdknives

Apr 7, 2013
    my first was a benchmade dejavoo ;)
    tenacious being a ffg folder with hole opener i figured it was what spyderco was all about so why not, its not that expensive. i then said well they started the serrated edge, and that endura had my name on it with big brown puppy dog eyes so i got that one next. then someone have me an old progrip model with plastic clip is flat ground with sander and spindle sanded the serrations a bit to restore them. then my wife and i went shopping and got me a dragonfly when we first met. then i got a native, best heat treat in my whole collection imo. my parents got me the bug set after i bought myself a stretch in vg 10, and for my birthday i got the zdp mangub, cat, and resilience

19. northend816

northend816

Aug 25, 2012
    My first was bought just yesterday, a Tenacious black bladed plain edge. im hoping to enjoy it and buy many more spyderco knives ive always been a kershaw guy. If i do like it just may add alot more knives to my list tho lol

20. blade4sell

blade4sell

Dec 11, 2012
    Pm2 and love it so much.