1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What was your most recent knife purchase?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by retzius, Sep 29, 2017.

1. retzius

retzius

Sep 17, 2009
    I ordered the Spyderco Manix 2 in CTS-BD1 with translucent blue scales. Not a fancy steel but a good daily user and easy to sharpen. I also picked up the CBN rods for the Sharpmaker.

What was your most recent knife purchase?

Lapedog, Beansandcarrots and Mo2 like this.
  2. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    PM2, 2 weeks after I picked up a ZT0220.
    And for custom, a Loveless style chute knife by John April off the exchange!

3. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    ZT 0909 then Spyderco Military kw exclusive cts-204p then ZT 0630, about within last two months.

4. Minnesota Man

Minnesota Man Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2014
    Cold Steel twistmaster.

I bought it for 40$ shipped on flea bay. I was listed as new without box. It may have been unused but...... Carbon V steel untreated or oiled is bad news. It had rust and some putting including the edge. I didn't pick that up in the photos. Plus the collar isn't real tight. It's pretty frustrating. I'll grind down the pitting on the edge. Nor sure how to "fix" the pitting off the edge. I'm sure when the time comes I'll get help here.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    G. Scott H. likes this.
  5. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    zt0850. have to send it in for service. came with a rattle and extremely (unsafe) weak detent.

6. jwh720

jwh720 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Protech wiskers with copper inlay.

palonej likes this.
  7. retzius

retzius

Sep 17, 2009
    Nice. Did you get the 0220 with the orange or black backspacer?

8. l1ranger

l1ranger Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 27, 2017
    Kershaw Injection 3.0 and 3.5 - couldnt pass that deal up

9. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    It has the black backspacer.
    [​IMG]

brasileiro, colin.p and retzius like this.
  10. barrabas74

barrabas74 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Large Micarta Sebenza 21

marcus52AR likes this.
  11. BenjaminRush

BenjaminRush Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2015
    GEC Churchill arriving today, have a BM griptillian in 20cv on order, preordered the GEC 78 in smooth Appaloosa bone, preordered the CK Lionsteel Shuffler... recently received the SE hawkbill dragonfly... that's about it for now. I have a problem.

12. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    You're gonna love that Manix! I have about 7 of them in different variations, but the trans blue was my first! The ergos on this model are fantastic! IMG_1892.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg
    Be careful though......they are addicting! Here are a couple of mine!
    Joe

JoshH, Insipid Moniker and retzius like this.
  13. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Just picked up a Lionsteel Roundhead Stag in M390 from a fellow forum member. I mostly carry modern knives with pocket clips for the ease of use ...but some traditionals catch my eye and I enjoy carrying those along some days ... so far Im really liking the Lionsteel.

palonej and Insipid Moniker like this.
  14. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
    JK Knives Compact Survival Knife with black micarta scales.

Jeff

15. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Lon Humphrey Bowie. Out for a new sheath.
    [​IMG]

16. scottyj

scottyj

Jan 29, 2009
    Pretty sure it was a Benchmade HK 14715 about two months ago.

17. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Purchase was a Cold Steel Immortal to appease my inner mall ninja a couple months ago. But more recently my fiancée got me a Spyderco Police 4 and man, I dig that knife. It pairs wonderfully with my Spyderco Urban that's also in K390 and I absolutely love that steel.

Lapedog, danbot and palonej like this.
  18. basmca

basmca

Aug 1, 2017
    A ganzo:oops:

Hard times.

Low_rez and Lapedog like this.
  19. GermanyChris

GermanyChris

Feb 18, 2015
    I bought a new strop and a crap ton of green compound, and the Nyala is away getting a kydex pocket sheath.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    jwh720 likes this.
  20. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    The one that pretty much ended my spending spree was the Manix 2 sporting CruWear and carbon fiber. That knife fills a lot of roles in what I want from a knife.

The next will either be a decently large fixed blade or an auto. We'll see which knife wins that round, haha.

marcus52AR likes this.