What was your most recent knife purchase?

I just put a Garry mcginnis proline mini exo on layaway . I can't wait to pay it off next week and get it in the mail heading my way.I didn't know much at all about this maker but once I saw the sweet deal on his mini exos $349 ( They reminded me of The Southard Neon) I started watching video reviews of the
knife. It was unanimous every review I found was a positive one. Between the great reviews the super price and the perfect demensions (Blade 3 1/4 handle 4 1/8) I was sold!! :eek::):thumbsup: so I laid away thisIMG_8224.jpg very cool looking purple one:cool: I'd love to hear other people's experience with this one if they could. Thanks Trevor

Last edited:
zpdsEGn.jpg

Bought an LE s30v micarta Buck 110 from C&C as the 1st of 5 gifts for my groomsmen.

We originally planned on an actual wedding next May, but the ol' lady was getting overwhelmed with all the planning; caterers, venues, colors, sticker prices, etc: so she opted out and decided to just run away for a kid/dog free mini-vaca in the mountains, just the 2 of us... As it were, we are going to spend 5 days on top of a mountain in the Shenandoah Valley in VA, and I have a really good friend who lives just an hour and a half away and works in D.C. who is going to come out and hangout, take pictures, be a witness (even though a witness is not required in VA), my defacto best man if you will, (my original BM was going to be my brother in FL).

ugajPqL.jpg

1Dtpf5S.jpg

In any case, I needed to get his gift ordered, for the others, we are still planning a post marriage celebration next summer where I will gift the rest, so I still have time. I am planning on the "trifecta" from S&K for the other 3 groomsman, as well as "the Titan" for my brother, the original best man.

Last edited:
Last night, I bought a custom shop Rodent 3, spalted maple over satin, that I could in no way justify...as I told the seller, I need another R3 like I need another flashlight (now that I think about it, I've purchased 3 lights in the past 1.5-2 weeks...only one was "needed"). That isn't to say I don't need any more Rodent 3s...there is one specific one that I NEED; but, with the Custom Shop being closed to orders, I think I'll be waiting for a while. Probably won't seem like so much of a need by the time I'm 60 (9 yrs and 13 days!!)

I recently purchase Spyderco Military S110V, Spyderco PM 2 S30V, Kershaw Chive 420 HC and Scallion 420 HC.
Im looking for Kershaw Blur or ZT 0220.

Just yesterday picked up a Buck 703,missing the shield and broken tip on the sheep's foot blade,but for $12. I am not complaining

A Benchmade Crooked River G10, which here in England set me back the eye-watering equivalent of $244; it arrives next week.

The Crooked River is a great knife. It’s a sizable folder!

I’m looking forward to it. I can’t contemplate any folder above 4”, that’s my limit before using a fixed blade, and I have 4” fixed as well!

Back