What watch do you wear?

Think about getting this. SLOW. Swiss made.

41Bt8tybG2L._AC_UL320_SR208,320_.jpg

22mm Maratac PVC dive strap.

Last edited:
You really can't settle on a strap can you? Haha. Let me guess, your recent custom one made your wrist sweat like hell and it stunk worse than a Wal Mart customer? (Thought this since I first saw it)

Yup. I'm not wearing this one so tightly. I've been spraying the rash on my wrist with colloidal nano silver and it has healed.

Pulsar Time Computer from the 1970's, LeCoultre Mystery automatic, and my everyday Movado. My wife also worked for Swatch for a bit, so we have a whole drawer full of those things. Lousy cell phone pic,

20150902_205913_zpsdb74womz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Pulsar Time Computer from the 1970's, LeCoultre Mystery automatic, and my everyday Movado. My wife also worked for Swatch for a bit, so we have a whole drawer full of those things. Lousy cell phone pic,

20150902_205913_zpsdb74womz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'd seen a man in his 60's-70's wear a gold colored watch similar to the time computer... Wondered what it was, though it was just a blank screen not displaying time.

Timex Expedition Rugged Field Watch T49271

This is a typical Timex field watch: brass case, snap off case back, Indiglo® and not much lume. The "rugged" ones have better shock absorption and some (not all) have 100 M WR, which is Timex's top of the line for their old field watches. The Rugged Expeditions are good $40 watches and their batteries last 10 years or more if you don't use the Indiglo. This one is out of production but Timex T46681, the white dial version, is still in production and available from the usual sources. One peculiarity: when I hold it to my ear, I hear a faint "thunk thunk" once per second.

T49271-1.jpgT49271-2.jpg

Last edited:
I've been wearing this BFK (Big Frickin Kinetic) lately. I've added a Strapcode stainless steel band to it since this picture was taken.

Vr0O2v7.jpg

Depending on what I'm doing or where I'm going I swap between either

A. A Casio G-Shock Vibrator GD-350-8JF, it's super solid, water proof, and I've had no issues with it.

B. Garmin Vivosmart. Nifty that it syncs with the emails/text messages on my cell phone and I can use it to control the music from across the room if I have my cell phone plugged into the radio.

This :

3-Suunto-Essential-Collection.jpg

Suunto Essential.

It's funny because it's this watch that got me into knives (again). I was watching an unboxing video of this watch, and noticed the guy opened his package with a nice black blade. A few months later, I had ordered : CRKT Foresight, Benchmade 586, Benchmade 940-1, CRKT M16, Kershaw shuffle, ZT452 and Lionsteel TRE. So my advice : don't buy this watch :D

Every wrist watch I've ever worn just stopped after a day or two. I'd give them away and they'd work fine, so now I wear an 1800's era J. Favre Jacot key wind/key set pocket watch. It keeps amazing time and I've had no problems with it.

Last edited:
Back