What watch do you wear?

1961 Omega Constellation with c.561 chronometer.

Connie.JPG

Con%2520nie%2520Mvmnt.jpg

Vostok Komandirskie 1965 2414A 683B09

K65.jpg

K65-1.jpg

I got curious about this reissue and did a little research. K65 was the Chistopol watch factory's first order from the Soviet MoD after changing its name to Vostok Watch Makers in 1963, and it stayed in production almost until the end of the Soviet Union. It was a prize watch awarded to graduates of Soviet military academies. Officers bucking for promotion to Colonel (army and air force) or Captain 1st rank (navy) studied for a year in a military academy, adding the equivalent of an MA to their commission. The watches were made with (mostly) gold plated cases and gold, black or white dials, depending on the year of manufacture. With the exception of a date complication, they looked like my watch with a somewhat cruder finish. Reissues are made with and without the date and I chose without.

Originals I've seen had case backs engraved by the original owners, who handed them down to their kids who sold them. Too bad!

Last edited:
Citizen PMD56-2952. Titanium case and bracelet w/a surface hardening treatment, sapphire crystal, solar powered quartz movement, perpetual calendar, and atomic radio sync. It's a JDM watch tho, and the radio sync only works with the Japanese signal.

On the stock titanium bracelet or on a moded NATO. I cut the keeper off and shorten it, and wear it with the hardware under my wrist. With my scrawny wrists it looks better this way I think.

7va7cH1.jpg

txKxlJG.jpg

ZQFQCeP.jpg

I don't have much moola, but I've been thinking of picking up one of Invicta's Star Wars watches. I know very little about the brand. My research did not show much. I figured I trust y'all's opinion over some Rando Calrissian's online review.

I don't have much moola, but I've been thinking of picking up one of Invicta's Star Wars watches. I know very little about the brand. My research did not show much.

invicta Watch Group are not watch makers: they assemble watches from parts made in China, Malaysia, the Philippines, sometimes Japan and even Switzerland. When the design is good and the parts are good, their watches are potentially good and very cheap. Their quality control is spotty and their customer service is awful. Buy from a dealer like Amazon who says
You can return this item for any reason and get a full refund: no shipping charges. The item must be returned in new and unused condition.

You can read what I've written on any internet watch forum. Invicta's most popular model with collectors is the 8926 Pro Diver.

invicta-8926.jpg

An unimaginative Rolex Submariner clone with a Seiko NH35A movement that you can buy for $50 if you wait for a sale. Collectors buy them for the movement and the case and replace everything else.

Thanks. The one I'm looking at has a Swiss Ronda Z60 movement.

I don't have much moola, but I've been thinking of picking up one of Invicta's Star Wars watches. I know very little about the brand. My research did not show much. I figured I trust y'all's opinion over some Rando Calrissian's online review.

I've owned a couple of Invictas and they were perfectly OK. Looking inside them you might find questionable workmanship. What you really need to know about Invicta is that they put really high MSRP on their products so you think you are getting a good deal when you pay just a high price for them. If you buy them for a reasonable price they are a reasonable purchase for a watch enthusiast. You may have to do some research to find out what a reasonable price is but this applies somewhat to any watch brand you might consider. Even the average Seiko can be bought from one dealer for a certain price and from another dealer for probably twice the price.

I went ahead and bit the bullet. Pics a little later. Invicta Star Wars limited edition Darth Vader watch, discontinued. Was $118, but with a gift card, I paid $80 on the Zon. 47mm, 200m WR (finally something I can wear in the ocean) and it's one of their Swiss made watches, Ronda Z60 movement. I like it. Got links removed on it and another watch. Need to get a watch repair kit eventually.

The last watch I bought was in 2012. A really cool Swatch Chrono, from the Irony Diaphane series. Extremely lightweight. Aluminum and ceramic band.

Back