What watch do you wear?

SQ209k5l.jpg

Omega Speedmaster and Laconico EZC

Last edited:
I like that strap. Is it an Omega? I have the bracelet and some nato straps and keep thinking about getting a deployment clasp leather strap for mine.

It's a 20mm rubber strap from Oris, with a signed deployant, circa 1999.

Straps in general have gotten expensive. Hirsch Performance is a good value with deployant options available. Rubber lined alligator looks good and is durable. I'll likely get one after the holidays from Hirsch or one from ABP Paris to use with my Omega deployant clasp. I prefer curved ends.

I've had this Speedy since 2006, broke it badly, but just got it back from Bienne. So it's like new to me now.

With a Speedy on my wrist and a Shiro in my pocket, life is good. :)

They have indeed gotten expensive. On one hand it’s like “well that’s only a small fraction of what the watch cost me,” and then on the other hand it’s like “$250 for a couple pieces of leather and a clasp??!!”

How did you break it?? That sucks! I’ve only had mine a few months so hopefully I’m able to keep it safe a while. Haha

It was a blessing in disguise. I paid $1600 for it used, and it cost $1100 to rebuild in Bienne. So I’m in for far less than a new one. Which it is now. :thumbsup:

It was a blessing in disguise. I paid $1600 for it used, and it cost $1100 to rebuild in Bienne. So I’m in for far less than a new one. Which it is now. :thumbsup:

Great deal then!

Thanks for the heads up on Hirsch. Just ordered 3 straps on their Black Friday sale.

Great deal then!

Thanks for the heads up on Hirsch. Just ordered 3 straps on their Black Friday sale.

Good going. I just ordered a curved alligator strap from ABP Paris for my Speedy with their 30% Black Friday sale. With those discounts I can only imagine their profit margins are in excess of 50%.

View attachment 1247053

Wearing my new GWG-1000 1A1 Mudmaster. I've held out for a while from buying one but I really wanted it and had the funding set aside. Plus with my wife's approval of, "You bust ass, you deserve it." I had to buy it :D

I have the Rangeman and really like it for hunting and camping. How do you like the Mudmaster so far?

It's a 20mm rubber strap from Oris, with a signed deployant, circa 1999.

Straps in general have gotten expensive. Hirsch Performance is a good value with deployant options available. Rubber lined alligator looks good and is durable. I'll likely get one after the holidays from Hirsch or one from ABP Paris to use with my Omega deployant clasp. I prefer curved ends.

I've had this Speedy since 2006, broke it badly, but just got it back from Bienne. So it's like new to me now.

With a Speedy on my wrist and a Shiro in my pocket, life is good. :)

hahaha. Hirsch shipped my straps on 12/3. Just got notice today that they attempted delivery but I wasn’t home. Turns out it was a random address in a town the same name as mine, in Ireland. I, on the other hand, live in Ohio, US! Emailed them and they shipped out new ones this morning.

Apparently the Royal Mail service is on par with the USPS.

I have the Rangeman and really like it for hunting and camping. How do you like the Mudmaster so far?

It's an awesome watch. I actually bought my mudmasters backwards, I picked up the new GG-B100 version in August when they came out. I love the features of the GG-B100 but I kept going back and looking at the big brother GWG-1000 and finally pulled the trigger with my wife's blessing.

The GW 9400 Rangeman has more features than the Mudmaster but I really like the ana-digi face. Here's a pic of them side by side a few days ago. The GWG-1000 on the left and the GG-B100 on the right.

20191207_123355_compress16.jpg

It's an awesome watch. I actually bought my mudmasters backwards, I picked up the new GG-B100 version in August when they came out. I love the features of the GG-B100 but I kept going back and looking at the big brother GWG-1000 and finally pulled the trigger with my wife's blessing.

The GW 9400 Rangeman has more features than the Mudmaster but I really like the ana-digi face. Here's a pic of them side by side a few days ago. The GWG-1000 on the left and the GG-B100 on the right.

View attachment 1247598

Very nice. They both look great.

Back