What watch do you wear?

Thanks Baron83!

It’s been my only daily for the last decade. Used to be my late father-in-laws’. Went back to Omega for a spa treatment at first. Cost a fair bit of dough $$$ to have it put right, and I have it tuned every couple of years, but worth it. Close to chronometer accurate.

I love that it’s an automatic.

Last edited:
Thanks Baron83!

It’s been my only daily for the last decade. Used to be my late father-in-laws’. Went back to Omega for a spa treatment at first. Cost a fair bit of dough $$$ to have it put right, and I have it tuned every couple of years, but worth it. Close to chronometer accurate.

I love that it’s an automatic.

I agree. Well worth it! And great story as well.

Received the same watch for Christmas, but with the blue leather strap instead of the bracelet. It’s a fantastic looking watch.

Here it is. Been on my wrist for a few days. It’s actually one of three I received as gifts, this Promaster, an Original Grain Brewmaster, and a kit to build my own. Wife also received a nice Tissot.

Blue dial shows up much better in your pic...
wqeRUeA.jpg

Luminox Atacama Field Chronograph Alarm A.1945 when earning the bread and butter.
Timex T5K195 when doing most everything else.

This is a thread for posting photographs, since even (for example) my amateur photos are better than manufacturers' stock photos and eBay sellers' photos. So I try not to get chatty here, but in case someone doesn't know, I'm adding a note about this watch's extra hand.

This is a poor man's GMT or traveler's watch, designed to show the time in two time zones at a glance. The hand with the pointed white tip is a half-speed hour hand making one rotation in 24 hours. The 24 hour bezel under the crystal is rotated by the crown at 8 o'clock. I'm using this to show the time in Guangzhou, where my step-son works. Under daylight saving time, Guangzhou is 14 hours ahead of Chicago, where I live: so I rotated the bezel until 14 was at the top of the dial. The photo was taken January 7th at 8:22 PM, and the white-pointed GMT hand shows the time in Guangzhou as 10:22 AM, January 8.

Last edited:
Vostok Komandirskie 431958

Wyngz2.jpg

Typical Russian leather strap. What do you expect on a $40 mechanical watch?

Wyngz.jpg

The dial graphic is a Cosmonaut flight badge from the old Soviet Space Program. The diamond at the bottom showed the number of missions flown, so this represents a novice's wings.

20200123_211639_compress55.jpg
20200123_211625_compress45.jpg
20200123_200403_compress14.jpg
I picked up the Protrek PRW 50 recently and love it. It has all the same features as my mudmaster but is a lot slimmer on the wrist. I found this one after really falling for "field watches" and this has that look with the extra protrek features.

Back