What watch do you wear?

View attachment 1311512 Just added a rubber strap to this one,transformed it.

Love those Breitlings. Have an Aerospace myself. Question for you: is the bezel on your Breitling extremely loose? I have a couple Seikos, Citizens, one SAK, and all of them have bezels that are easy to turn, but are tight enough they won't turn by themselves. My Breitling Aerospace is downright loose. To the point it is essentially useless for timing anything, and it will move so easily.

Love those Breitlings. Have an Aerospace myself. Question for you: is the bezel on your Breitling extremely loose? I have a couple Seikos, Citizens, one SAK, and all of them have bezels that are easy to turn, but are tight enough they won't turn by themselves. My Breitling Aerospace is downright loose. To the point it is essentially useless for timing anything, and it will move so easily.

Usually, bezels too tight to turn easily need lubrication (e.g. many Orient divers). Bezels too loose or that don't turn at all may need a replacement bezel retainer spring. For either repair you must remove the bezel. Some bezels snap on and off, some are held in place by multiple tiny screws. I've attached a link to a YouTube video on removing a Breitling bezel with multiple tiny screws. If I owned one like this, I would take it to a watchmaker or an authorized Breitling dealer.

Last edited:
Usually, bezels too tight to turn easily need lubrication (e.g. many Orient divers). Bezels too loose or that don't turn at all may need a replacement bezel retainer spring. For either repair you must remove the bezel. Some bezels snap off, some are held on by multiple tiny screws. I've attached a link to a YouTube video on removing a Breitling bezel with multiple tiny screws. If you have one like this, I would take it to a watchmaker or an authorized Breitling dealer.

Thanks for the video link. I'll check it out.
Bad thing is, I took it in a year or so ago for an overhaul (it had gone through a couple of batteries, so I figured when it came due again, I'd take it to a shop that could do the whole pressure test and everything). I should have mentioned it to them at the time, but didn't. I know at least one other guy that has an Aerospace and it has the same looseness. So, I didn't think about it. But seeing someone with an actual dive version of the Breitling made me wonder if the dive versions of the watch had better bezels.

Nothing fancy. Just a green and black case with ivory colored face analog Casio Forester.
I spent something like $20 for it two or three years ago. I hope it lasts a few more years so I can get my money's worth from it.
(Absolutely! I admit it. I'm a cheap ("practical"?) S.O.B.!)

Stuck at home the past 6 weeks I've been wearing my Luminox navy seal almost exclusively. I bought it used, well worn and beat up, so I don't mind wearing it while working in the workshop and I wear it at night not worrying about additional wear on the bezel or whatever. Mine has been on a NATO all the time I've owned it and the watch plus NATO strap is very light. Weekends when my schedule is erratic I like the tritium tubes so if I wakeup at an odd time I can see what time it is.
I have a couple of other Luminox and a Citizen Ecodrive that I sometimes pick up and wear just for grins, but haven't worn any of my automatic watches and I miss them. I'm going to have to start wearing them a little bit.

Same here. Will have to see how things go long-term but I haven't worn any of my mechanicals in the past nine or so months that I've had it. It will be interesting to see what the next revision brings.

Well, looks like it stuck after all:D - close to five years now of just an Apple watch. Currently rocking a 44mm series 4 lte space grey aluminum model that I’ve worn since launch day (replaced my original series 42mm also in space grey al).

I have given up on Seiko dive watches and dive watches in general. Too heavy. I do have a Rolex but I don't wear my Datejust unless it is a special occasion. Daily wearer is a Timex Ironman. I don't worry about theft, breakage, or weight. It takes a ...well, you know.

I have given up on Seiko dive watches and dive watches in general. Too heavy.

There are various brands and models available in titanium that are significantly lighter. I had a Citizen Ecodrive model called the "air diver" because it was ti and light. Oddly it turned out to be too light for me, I normally like to have a certain feel to my watches. However I frequently wear an old beat up Luminox Navy Seals diver that is light because it has a plastic case and I wear it on a thin NATO strap. I like for my watches to have a little heft- not too light and not too heavy. A 42mm steel watch with steel bracelet is good for me but sometimes on the heavy side. I have some other watches with ZULU straps that are a bit lighter. Frequently I don't even feel that I'm wearing a watch.

Back