What watch do you wear?

As an 80s nerd myself (graduated HS in 85), this was my daily wear.

fLF0Yqw.jpg

I should pick one up for old time's sake.

Zieg

Zieg, this thread on Casio's Databank watches began in 2012 and it is still live this month. Lots of photos and good information if you have the patience for it.

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/...ed-to-know-about-the-casio-dbc-series.726143/

Vostok SE 670454S "Albatross"

Albatross-1.jpg
Albatross-2.jpg
Albatross-3.jpg

Albatross was a 1980s Vostok anti-magnetic watch designed for but not adopted by the Soviet Navy (the Soviet Union having gone out of business). The original watch and this reissue have two casebacks; the inner one, made of soft iron, turns the case into a Faraday Cage. Albatross was intended for use around radar and other equipment generating strong electromagnetic fields.

Rolex Milgauss, IWC Ingenieur, Eberhard Scientigraf, and Omega Railmaster are anti-magnetic watches better known to collectors. The Railmaster was a civilian market version of Omega Reference 2777-1, an anti-magnetic watch issued by the RAF. Like Albatross, it had a soft iron inner caseback. You can read about the RAF watch and see photographs here:

https://shop.hodinkee.com/products/...military-reference-2777-1?variant=21939885060

I'm sure it's a nice watch, but it seems a bit "busy".
What do all the other numbers tell you?

Another day another watch :D

Love the Blue Angels Promaster. Have the same watch, just with the blue leather band. One of my faves!

wqeRUeA.jpg

I'm sure it's a nice watch, but it seems a bit "busy".
What do all the other numbers tell you?

Slide rule, 24-hour indicator, and tachymeter?

Zieg

Pilot’s watch
Inner ‘half circle’ numbers are for GMT, or any other second time zone you wanna set. Outer bezel rotates, similar to a dive watch, for setting fuel load/air speed/etc... don’t ask me how to set or read it, because I just have no clue! :D But it’s a really good looking watch in person.

Back