What watch do you wear?

I'm sure it's a nice watch, but it seems a bit "busy".
What do all the other numbers tell you?

I believe that watch evolved from the Nighthawk design. (I'm surprised it's called Blue Angels because there is a previous Citizen that is labeled as the Blue Angels.) There is a lot of information packed into that dial and it requires good eyes to use. There are lots of watches with slide rule bezels and you can actually do multiplication/division with them. Maybe the intent is for a pilot to do calculations of fuel usage. There are various reviews online that explain the design elements of the dial such as this one:
https://wornandwound.com/review/review-citizen-nighthawk/

I believe that watch evolved from the Nighthawk design. (I'm surprised it's called Blue Angels because there is a previous Citizen that is labeled as the Blue Angels.) There is a lot of information packed into that dial and it requires good eyes to use. There are lots of watches with slide rule bezels and you can actually do multiplication/division with them. Maybe the intent is for a pilot to do calculations of fuel usage. There are various reviews online that explain the design elements of the dial such as this one:
https://wornandwound.com/review/review-citizen-nighthawk/

it actually still lists as a Nighthawk. Just didn’t feel like typing out Blue Angels edition Nighthawk Promaster (which of course, I just did). There is also a BA edition in the Skyhawk, Navihawk, and Worrld Chronograph. But personally, I think the Nighthawk looks the best because it doesn’t have all the additional complications cluttering the face even more.

Happy Halloween :D

rrynuBQ.jpg

Love that Armida!

I had the 45mm and I loved its look and styling, but determined it was too big for me for normal wear. I thought about trying to find a 42mm version but ended up with a Deep Blue with some of the same characteristics I was looking for.
Thanks, I was looking at the 45mm too, mainly for the Swiss movement but 42mm really is as big as I want to go. How did you like the domed crystal on the 45mm? That’s another thing I wasn’tsure would work for me.

Thanks, I was looking at the 45mm too, mainly for the Swiss movement but 42mm really is as big as I want to go. How did you like the domed crystal on the 45mm? That’s another thing I wasn’tsure would work for me.
I had mixed feelings about the dome. I didn't dislike it, but it makes the watch a bit taller. While wearing I've never really noticed whether a crystal is flat, barely domed, or domed a lot.

Parnis PA6086

PA6086-1.jpg

PA6086-2.jpg

This is a poor person's GMT watch: the red tipped hand rotates once in 24 and you set it to a second time zone. Vostok makes watches like this with a 24 hour bezel. The Chinese movement is more sophisticated, it lets you set the 24 hour hand. The sub-dial at 6 o'clock is the date.

Sorry about the photographs, my porch is my studio and we haven't seen the sun lately. The leather strap is the worst I've seen. When you buy cheap watches, you expect straps and bracelets to be throwaways, but this is in a class all its own. I hope whatever it was made from was killed humanely.

The design is an homage to a somewhat expensive Swiss watch, the Vacheron Constantin Historiques Triple Calendrier 1942.

V-C.jpg

$19,500 and it's not a perpetual calendar watch. Triple Calendrier means day, date, and month, with a red tipped hand for the date and big date windows for the month and day on two compact superposed discs. You need to reset it for 28, 29 and 30 day months.

From the photo, I know that I need a blue imitation alligator replacement strap. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Back