What watch do you wear?

This is a RZE (formerly Reise, I think) Resolute. Pretty sure this is the second run they made. The first version had a text logo with the old name. Full titanium except for the stainless clasp, which is coated to match. They just announced a pre-order for a diver with a similar style except no date, dive bezel, and a slightly different dial design.

Here's a couple lume pics

View attachment 1506650
Thanks! It's a beautiful watch. I'm impressed by its clean look and bracelet. I'm drawn to that look. Not strictly military, but certainly not drawing-room elegant, either.

I'm still wearing the Breitling Aviator Huit 41mm (yeah, skinny wrist), which Sweetie bought me. She calls it the "wedding ring" as we picked it out about the time I misplaced my wedding band (and which subsequently showed up in my barn coveralls). It keeps great time, losing only a half minute a week. It still looks great after daily wear around horses for two years.

Yleuhy4.jpg

Zieg

Last edited:
sandwich dial, very nice.

To those considering buying a Vostok watch, who are concerned about international shipping from the Russian Federation during the pandemic:

My Vostok Amphibian took five days to travel 968 km from Chistopol in Tatarstan to Moscow's Sheremetyevo Alexander S. Pushkin International Airport. That is a 15 hour drive on а/д Волга/E22/М7 if you only stop to pee. It took one day to clear Russian customs, after which it waited four days for a flight to the United States. It spent three days at John F. Kennedy International Airport in Queens where it cleared U.S. Customs. It took six days to travel 1,180 km from NYC to Chicago via USPS, and then it took six days to travel 800 m from my local post office to me yesterday. To Russian Post I say מזל טוב (mazel tov)!

To those considering buying a Vostok watch, who are concerned about international shipping from the Russian Federation during the pandemic:

My Vostok Amphibian took five days to travel 968 km from Chistopol in Tatarstan to Moscow's Sheremetyevo Alexander S. Pushkin International Airport. That is a 15 hour drive on а/д Волга/E22/М7 if you only stop to pee. It took one day to clear Russian customs, after which it waited four days for a flight to the United States. It spent three days at John F. Kennedy International Airport in Queens where it cleared U.S. Customs. It took six days to travel 1,180 km from NYC to Chicago via USPS, and then it took six days to travel 800 m from my local post office to me yesterday. To Russian Post I say מזל טוב (mazel tov)!

Letter from Russia (SAK) took me three months to arrive to Finland when the first covid showed up. :D

Letter from Russia (SAK) took me three months to arrive to Finland when the first covid showed up. :D
There was no airmail out of the Russian Federation then, at least for watches: Meranom said their shipments were leaving RF by land or sea, and customers should expect two to four month delays. Russian Post is doing better now and I hope that ordinary Russians are too.

Last edited:
Citizen AT0200-05E

AT0200-1.jpg
AT0200-2.jpg
AT0200-3.jpg

A 60 minute military-styled chronograph with a 24 hour sub-dial that does nothing for anyone military but makes the other sub-dials smaller and harder to read. This and the BM8180-03E field watch were Citizen's first budget Eco-Drive models and they used to cost $80–$85 if you waited for a sale. Seiko's budget chronographs were better chronographs, but this was the alternative for solar charging.

I wore this to Chicago's tent vaccination in a United Center parking lot by FEMA and the 101st Airborne. The soldiers were fun to deal with but slow off the line. Folks with 6:30 appointments waited until 9:00 on Wood Street with 6' social distancing and 3 outhouses. I knew about hurry up & wait and took an afternoon appointment, and I used the chronograph to time my 15 minute sit down after vaccination.

Back