What watch do you wear?

Today

mwSCCFX.jpg

Ahhh yes.... the Aerospace! An older one, too, it appears.
I recall my father-in-law bought it new in 1996, so that makes it 25 years old. It does not have the thermocompensated Breitling Superquartz, but it is similar in performance. It certainly takes everything I can dish out.

A buddy of mine has one of those. I think even older, but not positive. He also has an older Omega.... Speedmaster (?). The one the Apollo astronauts used to wear. It was his father’s, who got it while in Switzerland as part of the Diplomat Corps, I think it was called. THAT was an old watch, but he wore it quite a lot, and it kept good time. But I recognized this Aerospace as looking almost exactly the same as his.

I really need to start wearing mine more. But I rarely do, because it is so special. The only high dollar watch I have, and that only because my wife bought it for me as a graduation gift. And it’s customized. So, it only gets worn on special occasions.

San Martin Stainless Steel Diver Homage

SanMartin2.jpg

SanMartin1.jpg

SanMartin3.jpg

Panerai Radiomir lookalike. (Gotta work on those names, guys.) Radiomir is from "radio," the radioactive radium paint once used for luminescence. The super expensive Panerai and my Chinese copy are an homage to a WW2 German diver's watch, the Kampfschwimmer.

40005071813_ef9c25d386_b.jpg

Yes, it was a Rolex design, and the peculiar Roman/Arabic dial numbers were Rolex's patented "High Visibility dial" from the 1930s. I have yet to read a convincing explanation of why they were thought to be more highly visible.

Last edited:
San Martin Stainless Steel Diver Homage

View attachment 1556463

View attachment 1556464

View attachment 1556465

Panerai Radiomir lookalike. (Gotta work on those names, guys.) Radiomir is from "radio," the radioactive radium paint once used for luminescence. The super expensive Panerai and my Chinese copy are an homage to a WW2 German diver's watch, the Kampfschwimmer.

40005071813_ef9c25d386_b.jpg

Yes, it was a Rolex design, and the peculiar Roman/Arabic dial numbers were Rolex's patented "High Visibility dial" from the 1930s. I have yet to read a convincing explanation of why they were thought to be more highly visible.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radium_Girls

This is on my 11 year old daughter. She has been wearing this literally every day for the past year and a half. Technically still mine but will gift to her soon after I send it in for service vie (is 6 years old and running a bit slow down my tastes)
NBS06D9.jpg

Corgeut 2010C–SRB

Corgeut1.jpg

Corgeut2.jpg

Corgeut has specialized in close copies of watches I will never be able to afford. They're not fakes because the dial says Corgeut, not Omega, Blancpain or Tudor. Serious collectors sniff at them because they're not original designs. This is a copy of Tudor's Heritage Black Bay diver watch. Is its fit and finish anything like Tudor's? In two words, HECK NO! But at arm's length, to someone like me it looks similar.

About the brand name Corgeut: you may have looked and thought "Oh, more Chinese English." These names are designed with Chinese customers in mind, and to an educated Chinese consumer who knows a little French and perhaps a little more English, Corgeut looks French. Corgeut is actually a Corsican family name, pronounced CORE-jet. Courgette is the French word for zucchini.

This Deep Blue is my adventure watch. I've liked tritium since I got my first Luminox over 10 years ago, this one takes tritium to another level with its flattened tritium tubes that glow much brighter than the little tubes in my old Luminox. I recently took a week long camping/jeeping trip in Utah and wore this watch.

9lo5hPs.jpg

Back