Seiko Samurai.
I've owned several high end watches including:
- Rolex Submariner
- Omega Seamaster Pro Bond
- IWC Fliegerchrono
- IWC Ingenieur
This Samurai is by far my favorite, and cost a fraction
of the others.
Fit and finish is equally on par with the Rolex and Omega, slightly less than the IWC's.
It's also the most accurate watch I've ever owned; +2 sec/day.
The pic is how it came. I now have it on a nice thick leather strap
with white stitching.
Lenny

285612d1273863942-fs-reduced-seiko-samurai-black-snm033-$300-50_302055_150000000-jpg

I'm a watch nut and own a some Seiko's, that's my favourite brand. Also some Russian watches and vintage watches. Currently I'm wearing a Sekonda.

260120112693.jpg

My favourite is this Seiko SKX023.

09SeikoSub.jpg

I have some kind of a Timex, ironman type of watch, which is really funny since I haven't worked out since september.

Can one of you watch gurus tell me what those little watch faces inside the big watch face are for? Are they different time zones, date,, etc?

Maybe a stupid question, but like I say "there are no stupid questions . . . just stupid people who ask questions"

These are referred to as subdials. They can serve many different functions (also known as complications). They can display the day, date, or month, as in the case of a master calendar. They can also show a second time zone or military time (24-hour scale). Sometimes, they just track seconds.

More commonly though, they are part of a chronograph complication which measures elapsed time. It's basically a stop watch. In this case the subdials generally display hours, minutes, seconds, and in some cases fractions of a second. Some measure as little as 30 minutes of elapsed time, while others, like yacht timers, measure upwards of 12 hours.

I hope this helps!

-Jay

Last edited:
Seiko Black Monster. Got tired of digital with crowded displays, worrying about banging them around and getting them wet.

I keep looking at those big SAR jobs, really really nice watches.

Seiko black monster here also with the SS bracelet. I love the watch and find the minutes bezel very handy timing various events, especially when grilling out.

These are my current ones. Usually switch what I'm wearing every few days. Missing from the pic is my Omega Seamaster Pro in titanium.

Colock-wise from top left:
Omega Seamaster Pro chron in stainless
Tutima FX chrono
Omega Seamaster Pro chrono in titanium, tantalum, and 18k gold.
Rolex Datejust in stainless
Rolex GMT Master II in stainless & 18k gold
Sinn 756 in tegmented stainless

Kniveswatches.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/likes2watch/Kniveswatches.jpg

That Sinn is gorgeous! The others are just so pedestrian. ;)

-Jay

I like that Samurai, and I noticed they made a blue titanium version. Wish I knew about it earlier, they're discontinued now.

They pop up now and then on Flea Bay.
But they really fetch a premium.
Personally, I like the hands on the SS version better than those on the Ti.
To each his own.
BTW, they also made a white dial version which I owned before the black one.
Beautiful watch, but there was no contrast between the polished hands and white dial.
It was almost impossible to tell time in the daytime.
At night, it's a different matter completely.
You can use the lume on this watch as a flashlight!
Lenny

Old stainless sapphire crystal swiss army , Tag-Heuer Aqua Racer Automatic. I ve been checking out the MK II semi-customs and have to say thats alot of bang for the buck.

I like that Samurai, and I noticed they made a blue titanium version. Wish I knew about it earlier, they're discontinued now.

I saw one this morning for sale, they're still available but they are pulling a premium compared to the white model for example (which was half the price). The Ti version I've had my eye on a while.

These are referred to as subdials. They can serve many different functions (also known as complications). They can display the day, date, or month, as in the case of a master calendar. They can also show a second time zone or military time (24-hour scale). Sometimes, they just track seconds.

More commonly though, they are part of a chronograph complication which measures elapsed time. It's basically a stop watch. In this case the subdials generally display hours, minutes, seconds, and in some cases fractions of a second. Some measure as little as 30 minutes of elapsed time, while others, like yacht timers, measure upwards of 12 hours.

I hope this helps!

-Jay

Thank You! Makes things more understandable.

These are my current ones. Usually switch what I'm wearing every few days. Missing from the pic is my Omega Seamaster Pro in titanium.

Colock-wise from top left:
Omega Seamaster Pro chron in stainless
Tutima FX chrono
Omega Seamaster Pro chrono in titanium, tantalum, and 18k gold.
Rolex Datejust in stainless
Rolex GMT Master II in stainless & 18k gold
Sinn 756 in tegmented stainless

Kniveswatches.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/likes2watch/Kniveswatches.jpg

Sorry for my question, but what kind of knives are these and who makes them? I havent seen anything quite like these. BTW, I wear one of three Seikos (Orange,Black Monsters, SKX007), a Marathon TSAR, Old Luminox Seal,Marathon Pilot. and my newest watch is a Lum-Tec Combat B-15.

Some kind of Swiss Army and a Wittnauer. The Witt was in the lost and found box at work with a ruined band and a dead battery. It sat there for close to a year, I think. I claimed it, put a new band and battery on it and still wear it to work. I've had it for years now. The Swiss Army also ended up in the lost and found box at work. It sat there for God knows how long with a dead battery and a thrashed band. I claimed that one, too. I wear it whenever I'm out and about. Considering they only cost me bands and batteries I think I came out way ahead.

In my 20s I had a Daffy Duck and a Goofy watch that both ran counter clockwise. They were fun. Wish I still had 'em.

Frank

Back