What watch do you wear?

Mine is a luminox night diver stainless steel case model,everybody tells me its a piece of junk,i've had irt for 9 years,its worked flawlessly,and its still going on the same battery and keeping perfect time,9 years on the same battery,yes i'm serious.

marathon_3.jpg

Marathon GSAR

100_2758.jpg

my backup, an old Zodiac GMT

Love my TSAR and wear it most of the time.
I got a Seiko Starfish last week and been wearing it.I also have a Marathon Navigator and Swiss Army Dive Master 500.
SANY0127-1.jpg

SANY0134-1.jpg

SANY0116.jpg

SANY0025-2.jpg

I had 4 watches that I rotated around, but found that I never wore my Breitling, G-Shock, or Suunto, so I sold those 3 and just kept my Omega Seamaster 2254.50 since it was getting all my wrist-time. I love it. It does every occasion. I wear it to work (office environment), on the weekends with jeans, on any vacations, and to the beach.

IMG_5517.JPG

I just got back from Bahamas last night, and took these shots on the beach:

bahamas1.JPG

bahamas2.JPG

Yesterday I had two watches in rotation until my beater atomic solar Seiko’s battery died and would no longer charge after four years of use. I checked my local Walmart for the replacement and there was none in stock. If I won’t be able to find one soon, I think it’s a good reason to get another beater watch.:D
My other watch is a Breitling Superocean that my wife let me get for our year wedding anniversary.
I did a bit of a research before I went with this model and my local authorized dealer was able to order one with a thirty percent discount. Despite the size and the weight of the watch (it has 5mm thick crystal:eek:) it wears very comfortably on my rather small wrist, I like it a lot.

5404457082_7dc57c8129_b.jpg

5403854473_89e4513e73_b.jpg

5403853889_4c72a606fc_b.jpg

5403854267_495f75d3f8_b.jpg

5403854805_957a4622d5_b.jpg

5403854667_10bc2b2c2c_b.jpg

I had 4 watches that I rotated around, but found that I never wore my Breitling, G-Shock, or Suunto, so I sold those 3 and just kept my Omega Seamaster 2254.50 since it was getting all my wrist-time. I love it. It does every occasion. I wear it to work (office environment), on the weekends with jeans, on any vacations, and to the beach.

I have handled this watch in person and it's a marvelous time piece, simple yet elegant it's my Omega's favorite design and like you said it would match well any dress code. If I ever get another expensive watch it would be it.

I have handled this watch in person and it's a marvelous time piece, simple yet elegant it's my Omega's favorite design and like you said it would match well any dress code. If I ever get another expensive watch it would be it.

Unfortunately, this particular model was discontinued about a year ago. So you'd have to find it in the used market somewhere :( Unless you wanted to go with a re-designed newer model...

I love the Marathons, but am I the only one that thinks they are a little overpriced? Aside from their relative rarity, I can't figure out what justifies these prices? $500 for a non-Tritium, quartz version. And an additional $225 for the bracelet. Really?

-Jay

I love the Marathons, but am I the only one that thinks they are a little overpriced? Aside from their relative rarity, I can't figure out what justifies these prices? $500 for a non-Tritium, quartz version. And an additional $225 for the bracelet. Really?

-Jay

I don't agree. If for some reason my TSAR was lost or broken, I would be another in a heartbeat. Do I wish they were cheaper? Of course.

As for your prices, I think your thinking of the JSAR. Which is the bigger brother of the TSAR/GSAR. The TSAR is the Quartz/Tritium smaller version, it sells for $475 + $170 for the bracelet. BTW, the bracelet is worth every penny!

not sure on the cost for all the different models of Marathons but I bought my GSAR for $500 BNIB, they are usually around $700. If I were to lose my watch I would pay $700 in the blink of an eye for another. For a Swiss Auto Movement with Tritium, Sapphire crystal and solid stainless case built like a tank you're not going to find a much better deal, imo.

Also, lot's of great watches in here guys:thumbup:

This thread is dangerous.

Must. Stop. Envy.

I'm wearing a simple Seiko '5' auto. Top quality, very inexpensive. My fave is my Kreiger auto. I love arabic numerals, but not exclusively.

I think I'll take a few shots. (Don't expect my knife quality shots.) Back later....

Coop

Back