What watch do you wear?

c.342 about 70 years old.

Omega342.JPG
Very, very nice piece. Family heirloom?

No. I purchased that from another collector.

The below was Dad's. Mom bought it for him in Madrid in 1956.

c.354 chronometer.
fe22293a.jpg

Fantastic pieces the two of them. Your mother had exquisite taste.
Dad's is the one that got me started on Omegas. Once when I was visiting the folks, Dad gave me his Omega. Mom got up from the kitchen table, went into the back of the house and returned with the rest of the package. Even Dad was shocked Mom still had the rest after all those years and at least five household moves with 4 to 6 several kids in tow.

The whole shebang. Not often you see that.
fe5a6044.jpg

Seiko 5 Sports SNZD47J1

I won this on an auction where no one else bid, so I got a good price. I bought it for the case and bracelet which are heavy and well made. 7S36 movement, just like a cheap Seiko 5, and it is really hard to photograph.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Obligatory lume shot.

attachment.php

Pretty subdued lume for Seiko 5 Sports, but this is the dressy end of the product line. I think the idea is that when you raise your hands to applaud at the ballet or the opera, you don't want to look like you're directing traffic.

SNZD47J1_1.jpgSNZD47J1_2.jpgSNZD47J1_3.jpg

This weekend an Elgin Ordnance watch worn by ground forces in WW2

ElginOrd.JPG

Last edited:
That is a beautiful time piece.
Thanks.

They are cool watches. Had three, but gave two away in 2004 to a buddy I served with in Iraq who is a WW2 USA memorabilia collector. He didn't have these or other military watches.

I think I'll pull out this LEGO Northern Hemisphere Star Gazer/Star Finder this evening.

leggo.JPG

My user watches, my only watches!!!!

Attachments

• EDC watches.jpg
    EDC watches.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 74
Back