What watch do you wear?

Casio DW290-1V
Hadley-Roma MS3150 Men's Diver Collection – PVC

Not a G-Shock: not as much bezel protection for the crystal, no omnidirectional shock protection, and the strap has a plastic buckle. Some people think it looks like a warthog. Hey, it's $24!

attachment.php

I hate plastic buckles so I put it on Hadley-Roma's replacement strap. It is softer and more comfortable than Casio's strap, and it doesn't cost much more than a buckle. This is an old model Casio with conventional lugs that work with any strap, but the lug width is 19 mm. I would like a two-piece Kevlar or Cordura strap, but no one makes them in that width. Crown & Buckle has 19 mm NATOs and I may go with that.

attachment.php

Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible (1996).

attachment.php

Maj. Alan J. Brown, WY-ANG, in C-130 (2008).

Casio-G-Shock-Watches-Military-09.jpg

DW290-1V_1.jpgDW290-1V_2.jpg

Last edited:
I had always thought he wore a 5300 Gshock in Mission Impossible. Thank you for educating me Piso! That's a sweet watch.

Just pick this up off the "bay". Always wanted a 24 hour watch. Threw it on a cheap bracelet I had laying around, which turns out is perfect for it.
Raketa 24 hour with a champaign/silver dial and Russian outer ring. I love this thing so far. Nice and slim.
14683436258_de677d578e_b.jpg

Seiko Black Monster. Got tired of digital with crowded displays, worrying about banging them around and getting them wet.

I keep looking at those big SAR jobs, really really nice watches.

Still got the Casio you turned me on to…MTG900 DA-8V

Just pick this up off the "bay". Always wanted a 24 hour watch. Threw it on a cheap bracelet I had laying around, which turns out is perfect for it.
Raketa 24 hour with a champaign/silver dial and Russian outer ring. I love this thing so far. Nice and slim.
14683436258_de677d578e_b.jpg

What a great watch! Now you should learn Cyrillic to read the world-time bezel. My Russian really sucks, but looking a 23:00 in your photo, САН-ФРАНЦИСКО is San Francisco, Денвер is Denver, and Чiкаго is Chicago. These Raketa English bezels will help you figure out the rest.

iconu9g9_enl.jpg

iconhs_enl.jpg

Seiko Black Monster
Go Buccos!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1407624973561.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407624973561.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 53
This Invicta 12400 my brother got me as a belated birthday present, a hefty sucker but keeps excellent time! I was at the post office this weekend and had the lady weigh it, came in at 11.3 oz, she would have sworn it was over a pound ! ;)

IMG_0552.jpg~original

IMG_0548.jpg~original

IMG_0549.jpg~original

G2

Vostok Amphibian SE 710721NB "Radio Room"

"SE" is Meranom "special edition" with a stainless steel bezel, more lume, different hands and a few new dials. The strap is Russian NATO (the irony!) of acceptable quality, nylon sewn not welded. The dial is silver sunburst.

attachment.php

The bidirectional timer bezel is tight, no rattles, and not going anywhere on its own.

attachment.php

So-so lume which is good for a Vostok, or so I'm told.

attachment.php

User manual and warranty paper in English.

attachment.php

Vostok made radio room clocks for the Soviet Navy, so I guess this watch is a naval commemorative. They still sell clocks, this is a vintage one:

Radio-Room-Clock_zps8ad4db36.jpg

Radio room clocks go back to the RMS Titanic's appointment with destiny in 1912.

titanic_mpworld_19120511_002.jpg

There were ships within range for a speedy rescue, but their radio rooms were shut down for the night or transmitting non-stop. This led to an international treaty: radio rooms were to be manned 24 hours, and they would stop transmitting for three minutes every quarter hour to listen for distress calls. The radio room clock dial was a graphic reminder for radio silence. Red and white was a common color scheme, but some nations used green and white.

You'll notice there are two shades of red. The original treaty mandated three minutes radio silence on the hour and half hour. That was later amended to three minutes each quarter hour, and the two shades represent the original and amended regulations.

Vostok1.jpgVostok2.jpgVostok3.jpgVostok4.jpg

That's some very cool history.

I have a few watches, not as many as I have knives, most are Swiss Mechanicals a few are quartz.

Here are some of them.

IMG_8954.jpg

IMG_8794.jpg

IMG_9004.jpg

IMG_8839.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

IMG_3648.jpg

maverick5.jpg

sasc1500.jpg

hammy.jpg

ocean1.jpg

IMG_3590.jpg

SAGF.jpg

I wear an old Citizen Chronograph I picked up about 30 years ago for EDC.

A Swiss Army Garrison for casual dress.

Nothing real nice or fancy.

Citizen 61-9370
Hirsch "Duke" strap, 18mm pseudo-gator

Automatic hand-winder, signed crown, English-only date wheel, no lume. If I'm reading the movement and serial numbers correctly, it was manufactured February 1976. It still keeps good time.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Citizen619370-1.jpgCitizen619370-2.jpg

Back