What Would You Do?

As I was returning to my truck from a business yesterday I was told the car parked next to me was carjacked at gunpoint point moments before. . The perp was later shot and killed by LEOS. In Alaska a permit is not needed to carry. Because of what is happening in my town I have considered taking a class and arming myself.
I have considered what I would do if I was carrying and carjacked at gunpoint. What would you do?

I tend to agree with you. The implications of using deadly force can change a person's life. I sure don't envy LEOs who have to deal with these decisions on a regular basis.

I will do everything in my power to come home alive, and sometimes that means doing nothing.
I made that decision and my peace with it a long time ago. I have a concealed carry permit, carry and take classes to improve capabilities and understanding. I will not go looking for a fight but if a fight comes to me we will have one.

Situational awareness is a big one, I think. Being able to know when things look hairy, thinking out different possibilities in a fraction of a second could save your life. Lock the doors, keep your weapon accessible from a vehicle.

I'd definitely arm yourself. Take a course or two, find someone experienced to help you. In N.C. We are required to take a two day course and pass it, to get our permit.

Well, I live in the suburbs outside of Detroit so I see/hear/read enough stories on the news about murder and mayhem. I have a CPL here in MI. S&W M&P 9c.

If you are carjacked, chances are the person who has the gun got the drop on you. Your best bet is too let them have the car. Even shooting at someone driving away from you can be a problem.

What I'd do is not post my SHTF plan on the net, and consider not posting any personal details about firearms or other weapons you own or carry.

As I was returning to my truck from a business yesterday I was told the car parked next to me was carjacked at gunpoint point moments before. . The perp was later shot and killed by LEOS. In Alaska a permit is not needed to carry. Because of what is happening in my town I have considered taking a class and arming myself.
I have considered what I would do if I was carrying and carjacked at gunpoint. What would you do?

This is turning into a great thread with excellent suggestions. If it is just the car then let it go, insurance will cover it anyway and human life is sacred.

I still think if you have the right you should be armed to protect yourself and your family though. No one else will be able to help them in time but you. If the criminal is coming for you or them no matter what the law it is your duty to protect them. Why not take advantage of your rights as a US citizen and carry a gun? Otherwise you are just rolling the dice every day hoping you won’t need one.

Just make sure you are extremely saftey concious with your firearm. Guns can be safe like a car can be safe. Treat them with respect for the power they have. See if you can find a gun saftey course and keep your gun away from your family. A promise on their part they will not mess with it is not good enough, people make mistakes. If it isn’t safely on your person it should be locked up.

Well i will just leave without resisting as safety comes first. Especially, when my family is waiting at home, I cannot take any unnecessary risks.
However, carrying a gun for your safety is great if you first learn to use it responsibly!

Back