What would you guys do?

If you had 20 BNIB Benchmade knives, and about 15 other high quality knives for EDC, would you sell off the BNIB to fund a few Busse blades? Or just hang on to them and keep buying Busse knives, but at a slower pace?

Good question. I think I probably sell off he " lower end" ( what ever your consider that to be) knives ....consolidate the funds and buy something new that in your mind is an upgrade.

I would keep the best of BM as I think you must enjoy em ... If you didn't you wouldn't have that many.

Personally, I think I would sell off the folders if I could do it without taking a major loss. That's a lot of safe queens!

Folders are great for discrete EDC ...... Keep the best, sell the rest. Nothing like a fixed blade. Just can't be seen in public with one, in many parts.

I've already been through this (a few times). Some Busse always pops up that I just have to have and I end up selling off almost all of my folders. After I get my Infi fix I start buying back some edc folders and viola another Busse pops back up for sale. It seems to be never ending but that's ok as I seem to enjoy it.

FWIW, I've gotten my folders down to only what I will carry in rotation.
I dumped everything but:
Al Mar SERE2000, CRK Umnumzaan, Strider SMF Lego & SMF CC, Hinder XM-18, Three Sisters Forge SuperBeast, and a pair of Microtech Socom Delta Zombie Tech.

I had dozens of others of varying quality, some BM's, Buck's, ZT's, ColdSteel, SOG, Spyderco, etc.
I just never put them in my pocket and when I really looked at them, my true feelings about this pile of knives was "Meh..." so away they went.

Bought more Busse's and 'Kin, never looked back!!! :D

OINK! :pig:

I'm a little under the weather right now, but in a few days I may go through them all and leave my favorite 10, selling the least favorite 10.

I've already been through this (a few times). Some Busse always pops up that I just have to have and I end up selling off almost all of my folders. After I get my Infi fix I start buying back some edc folders and viola another Busse pops back up for sale. It seems to be never ending but that's ok as I seem to enjoy it.

Exactly the same with me. I'm always buying and selling to fund other needs, from fixed blades to folders and my gun needs. It s a never-ending circle for me that I greatly enjoy.

Back