What would you like to see from Benchmade?

More options for the custom program...either more knives or more color options for the current choices.

I’d like to see a factory Griptillian with micarta and a better design on the pocket clip. Due to the contour of the handle the bottom of the clip does not contact the handle, and also the clip seems to be easy to inadvertently bend more than other manufacturers offerings.

Oh and M4 steel! Love that stuff...

g10 freek and mini freek, mini custom crooked rivers, MORE MICARTA!!! I love my proper in micarta and I would love a normal folder with micarta. Put the bugout as one of the customizable knives. Maybe more titanium knives that don't cost $300 bucks because we can get much much cheaper titanium handled knives.

It sounds odd, but I'd like to see a manual version of the Casbah. I love the shape of the blade and handle, but can't carry an auto here.

Higher grinds on more knives, start with the 943. While busy with the 943 they can give it some -1 treatment of S90V and CF. And then a 3 inch blade mini.

Amicus blade in a non-flipper, non-assisted chassis.

And I’ll join the choir for a Bugout with CF. Keep the Grivory as an option by all means but it is such a great knife with so much potential as a larger sized gents knife. The “upmarket” version needs to be regular production, not an LE so more people can enjoy it.

my wish list:
micarta mini grip
more models for the BM customizer
marbled CF scales
thinner behind-the-edge for the 940 blade
+1 on CF bugout, that's an obvious one.
bring back a few models like the 707, 630/635, snody designs
integral mini grip! :D

Last edited:
I'd like to see a Bugout in M390/D2/M4 steel and G10 scales.
+1 Well, rather Bugout in M390/20CV/M4 and CF (or possibly Micarta) scales.

A rerun on the 710-1401 that I can actually buy.

Protagonist in M390/20CV/M4 (or something else not 154CM) and maybe micarta handles. But maybe just as well that it don't exist because I really don't need it...

I've been beating this drum for a while, but probably what I'd most like to see from Benchmade is a reissue of the AFCK. Either the 800 or the 806 (though I suspect the 806 is more likely) in a modern steel. I think the AFCK wants a tough steel as much as it does ultra-high-end edge retention, so perhaps something like XHP or even CPM-154 rather than, say, S110V or M390/204P/20CV ... not that I'd say no to a new run of M390 AFCKs, either.

Along the same lines, I'd like to see an Axis-lock Mini-AFCK with some of the same characteristics. Or just a new run of old-fashioned 812s, if that's too much to ask.

Perhaps there are legal or licensing issues that make this impossible, but on the merits I think the AFCK remains a fantastic design despite its age, and also, aesthetically speaking, one of the most elegant and beautiful folding knives ever made.

The 560bk-1801 would be nice since they’ve only made production samples as far as I’m concerned.

I had a Benchmade Emerson tanto, loved the thing, but it disappeared into a river, sigh.
Now I have a Barrage assist. I love the action, best I've ever had for speed, robustness, and ease of maintenance, and I have a number of assists and autos.

The following is not a bitch! My Barrage is a fine knife.
But I wish you offered a different blade. Oh, the 154 CM is OK, and the semi drop point is good looking, but, BenchMade, you can do better, at least from my point of view.

You see I was a boat carpenter for about 30 years and the only acceptable edged tools; chisels, planes, slicks, spokeshaves, what have you, all have relatively high carbon plain steel, no fancy alloys, but excellent heat treat. In my experience that steel sharpens easier and holds an edge better than any of your stainless steels. I know how to care for good steel that might rust. One thing you can do is polish the whole blade like a mirror (yes, I know that's a problem for a tactical knife, but i'm talking EDC) as that removes micro pits where rust starts.

While we're at it, I want a nice solid tanto (see the Emerson site...), but with the hollow/flat on the left, makes more sense to me as a chisel wielder.

Last edited:
ACCE6326-AC11-43AB-A1FE-2615ABEF2FBE.jpeg B20E36CB-0B06-407F-B3D5-CC44FBB84E8A.jpeg I would like a Titanium AFCK with double leaf cut out lightening holes, an S-125-V blade, and an AXIS lock. A bright apple green anodize job would also be nice.

Higher grinds on more knives, start with the 943. While busy with the 943 they can give it some -1 treatment of S90V and CF. And then a 3 inch blade mini.

I would be all for this. I loved the knife but found the grind to really stink for cutting leaf lettuce compared to my other folders, really any food prep it wasn't great at. It was the first knife I had that it was so obvious where the cheeks started in use during food prep. Similarly disappointing for apples at work. I eventually sold it. I think it would have made sense to have a FFG or maybe even a hollow grind, even though that would compromise the sturdiness the knife has a reputation for, for being such a nice carrying knife.

Ended up with a sheeps mini-grip as my long time EDC.

I would also like to see them take the Mini Coalition, give it an unassisted axis lock and a Bugout clip. They should be able to make the handle thinner by going to the axis.

Either that or bring out an improved 707

Some more non-assisted flipper styles. Being left-handed, I prefer the axis lock to the more common frame locks, but manual flipper is my opening preference.

More knife options in the custom knife builder! Specifically, the 940 series.

Back