1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What would you like to see from Benchmade?

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by BMCGear, Jun 29, 2018.

1. 357snubnose

357snubnose Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2013
    More options for the custom program...either more knives or more color options for the current choices.

2. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    I’d like to see a factory Griptillian with micarta and a better design on the pocket clip. Due to the contour of the handle the bottom of the clip does not contact the handle, and also the clip seems to be easy to inadvertently bend more than other manufacturers offerings.

Oh and M4 steel! Love that stuff...

bikerector and mdrgn79 like this.
  3. Cameron5237

Cameron5237

Mar 31, 2017
    g10 freek and mini freek, mini custom crooked rivers, MORE MICARTA!!! I love my proper in micarta and I would love a normal folder with micarta. Put the bugout as one of the customizable knives. Maybe more titanium knives that don't cost $300 bucks because we can get much much cheaper titanium handled knives.

mdrgn79 likes this.
  4. StuntDouble

StuntDouble

Apr 26, 2004
    It sounds odd, but I'd like to see a manual version of the Casbah. I love the shape of the blade and handle, but can't carry an auto here.

5. psquared

psquared

Aug 21, 2011
    Higher grinds on more knives, start with the 943. While busy with the 943 they can give it some -1 treatment of S90V and CF. And then a 3 inch blade mini.

Amicus blade in a non-flipper, non-assisted chassis.

And I’ll join the choir for a Bugout with CF. Keep the Grivory as an option by all means but it is such a great knife with so much potential as a larger sized gents knife. The “upmarket” version needs to be regular production, not an LE so more people can enjoy it.

Mikke and bikerector like this.
  6. kozzman555

kozzman555

Jan 9, 2018
    I'd like to see a slighter thicker Nimravus in 3V to use as a bushcrafting knife.

Cypress likes this.
  7. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Drop the policy of giving out free clips and replacing blade for $30 or so if that means 10% price decrease.

willc and Mo2 like this.
  8. Brules1

Brules1

Jul 22, 2007
    1) smaller mini Grip.
    2) Small AFCK.
    3) Smaller Bugout.

jpm2 and ostate90 like this.
  9. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Put the Mini Crooked River in the custom shop. Or at the very least make the grey G10 model an option like it is on the full size.

mdrgn79 and GB940Rookie like this.
  10. Halfneck

Halfneck Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I'd like to see a Bugout in M390/D2/M4 steel and G10 scales.

mdrgn79 and Mikke like this.
  11. 99cuts

99cuts

Apr 18, 2013
    my wish list:
    micarta mini grip
    more models for the BM customizer
    marbled CF scales
    thinner behind-the-edge for the 940 blade
    +1 on CF bugout, that's an obvious one.
    bring back a few models like the 707, 630/635, snody designs
    integral mini grip! :D

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    mdrgn79 likes this.
  12. Mikke

Mikke

Jan 15, 2001
    +1 Well, rather Bugout in M390/20CV/M4 and CF (or possibly Micarta) scales.

A rerun on the 710-1401 that I can actually buy.

Protagonist in M390/20CV/M4 (or something else not 154CM) and maybe micarta handles. But maybe just as well that it don't exist because I really don't need it...

13. cwp

cwp

Nov 27, 2014
    I've been beating this drum for a while, but probably what I'd most like to see from Benchmade is a reissue of the AFCK. Either the 800 or the 806 (though I suspect the 806 is more likely) in a modern steel. I think the AFCK wants a tough steel as much as it does ultra-high-end edge retention, so perhaps something like XHP or even CPM-154 rather than, say, S110V or M390/204P/20CV ... not that I'd say no to a new run of M390 AFCKs, either.

Along the same lines, I'd like to see an Axis-lock Mini-AFCK with some of the same characteristics. Or just a new run of old-fashioned 812s, if that's too much to ask.

Perhaps there are legal or licensing issues that make this impossible, but on the merits I think the AFCK remains a fantastic design despite its age, and also, aesthetically speaking, one of the most elegant and beautiful folding knives ever made.

mdrgn79 and GB940Rookie like this.
  14. P2P

P2P Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 24, 2010
    The 560bk-1801 would be nice since they’ve only made production samples as far as I’m concerned.

15. Kate Cassandra

Kate Cassandra

Jun 28, 2018
    I had a Benchmade Emerson tanto, loved the thing, but it disappeared into a river, sigh.
    Now I have a Barrage assist. I love the action, best I've ever had for speed, robustness, and ease of maintenance, and I have a number of assists and autos.

The following is not a bitch! My Barrage is a fine knife.
    But I wish you offered a different blade. Oh, the 154 CM is OK, and the semi drop point is good looking, but, BenchMade, you can do better, at least from my point of view.

You see I was a boat carpenter for about 30 years and the only acceptable edged tools; chisels, planes, slicks, spokeshaves, what have you, all have relatively high carbon plain steel, no fancy alloys, but excellent heat treat. In my experience that steel sharpens easier and holds an edge better than any of your stainless steels. I know how to care for good steel that might rust. One thing you can do is polish the whole blade like a mirror (yes, I know that's a problem for a tactical knife, but i'm talking EDC) as that removes micro pits where rust starts.

While we're at it, I want a nice solid tanto (see the Emerson site...), but with the hollow/flat on the left, makes more sense to me as a chisel wielder.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  16. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    ACCE6326-AC11-43AB-A1FE-2615ABEF2FBE.jpeg B20E36CB-0B06-407F-B3D5-CC44FBB84E8A.jpeg I would like a Titanium AFCK with double leaf cut out lightening holes, an S-125-V blade, and an AXIS lock. A bright apple green anodize job would also be nice.

17. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I would be all for this. I loved the knife but found the grind to really stink for cutting leaf lettuce compared to my other folders, really any food prep it wasn't great at. It was the first knife I had that it was so obvious where the cheeks started in use during food prep. Similarly disappointing for apples at work. I eventually sold it. I think it would have made sense to have a FFG or maybe even a hollow grind, even though that would compromise the sturdiness the knife has a reputation for, for being such a nice carrying knife.

Ended up with a sheeps mini-grip as my long time EDC.

18. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2016
    I would also like to see them take the Mini Coalition, give it an unassisted axis lock and a Bugout clip. They should be able to make the handle thinner by going to the axis.

Either that or bring out an improved 707

hd-bagger likes this.
  19. Sos24

Sos24

Jun 14, 2018
    Some more non-assisted flipper styles. Being left-handed, I prefer the axis lock to the more common frame locks, but manual flipper is my opening preference.

20. TiHawk60

TiHawk60 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 30, 2017
    More knife options in the custom knife builder! Specifically, the 940 series.