What would you like to see from Benchmade?

Knives like the ones benchmade procuced in late 90's. Knives that were made to last and actually use.

So...Crooked River? 551-1? Presidio II? Barrages, 580-2, 581? Adamas, Arvensis, Bushcrafter?

The Freek is actually an outstanding design if you can forgive the gack handle scales.

Personally, I'd like a proper folding dagger:

NewTac1.jpg

More DLC, more M4, a competitor to the Spyderco Salt line without the stupid blunted points. Doesn’t have to be H1, just a very highly stainless alloy.

I would like to see a shorter 940 3" blade same thickness as the normal one just shorter

I’d be interested to see lightweight version of the Mini Griptillian. Bring grivory grips, titanium axis lock, and minimal liners to the Mini Griptillian. Would end up with a knife that is smaller and lighter than the Bugout. I think it’d be a cool little knife.

I saw REALLY amazing 3D titanium scales on a knife I thought was from the other side of the pacific rim. Thought to my self wow thats beautiful, one of the makers is bringing up the tide. After 5 minutes I realized it was another custom knife builder's art getting cloned again. I was forever ruined, wanting this form which is way over my pay grade, because of its beauty AND it follows function, as even the clones are reported very grippy and light. I'm thinking maybe 3oz, a new day (and where sir would you like the weight they asked him when he slid the bike in sideways and smiling). Well where?
Yes please keep the Axis lock, add thin flat geometry to your favorite flavor of EDC steel for balance, add some sweet good old NP3 / DLC to moving bits-washers please, loose the thumb stud for a fuller shaped deployment hole, anodize, melt, use a smaller subtler EDC version of the Mini-Rukus /Adamas / Contego pattern. Is it possible to make axis lock guts more viewable for fun without jeopardizing Fx?

Make it the first knife intro done through the BKC custom knife builder! And try to keep QC up. O, ALSO OFFER LAYAWAY before knife is built:) Here is functional art
Dmitry Sinkevich Custom Coordinal Leaf Prototype #1
image link takes you here-
https://ebosshoss.com/tradeknives/sinkevich/dmitry-sinkevich-custom-coordinal-leaf-prototype-1-3400

Last edited:
Beyond my CURRENT grail Benchmade described above, I would like more color which my eyes like when looking at the Sinkevich clones that have two tone inner and outer scale colors, and my CF Bugout's blue screws, OEM thumb studs and standoffs.

Personally, I'd like a proper folding dagger:

NewTac1.jpg
That would be neat. Big fan of the 531 myself.

But, let's take it up a steep, shall we? Offer two versions. Make the second version an FFG drop point for those of us that can't carry the dagger style. Offer both in D2 blade steel with a deep carry clip.

Actually, I'd be happy with the 531 in D2 FFG with a deep carry clip. Coyote brown G 10 scales would be nice.

Option to buy non-assisted version of assisted axis locks. Not a fan of assisted.
Agreed.

Give me an option to buy non-assisted versions of Benchmade's knives. Maybe with a little more simple blade designs. For example, produce a non-assisted Volli with a very plain FFG blade.

saber cat I see your 531 with CF pic in my email notification but not in the thread. I n the thread image is broken. Nice CF531, whats it weigh?

saber cat I see your 531 with CF pic in my email notification but not in the thread. I n the thread image is broken. Nice CF531, whats it weigh?
Mine is not CF. Just G10. I think the weight is 2.1 oz.. :)

Forget that I have it with me most of the time. I have been known to leave the house with a second knife because there is so little weight with the 531, I forget about it and grab something else.

Personally, I feel the 535 Bugout is a better knife and Benchmade will drop the 531 due to poor sales. It is only a matter of time.

Last edited:
Looks like CF, nice. Yeh, I stared at the 530 / 531 more then once once the price dropped, but the blade was something one of the grand daughters loves but not gramps. That 535 is sweet but different tool, at least from markets view.

Looks like CF, nice. Yeh, I stared at the 530 / 531 more then once once the price dropped, but the blade was something one of the grand daughters loves but not gramps. That 535 is sweet but different tool, at least from markets view.

I don't think the 530 is available any longer but the 531 can be found in 154cm steel as standard or S30v if you buy the REI exclusive. It comes with green G10 scales. Nice looking knife in green. Through the years Benchmade has also offered a gold box version with Ti scales and upgraded steel. I think they also offered a CF version at one time.

Would BM de-assist a knife if I sent it in? Vaguely recall someone posting that they offer that service, but would like to confirm.

Anyway, if they don't offer that service, then add it to my list of what I would like to see from BM.

So many models l like, but the assist feature is a deal killer.

Would BM de-assist a knife if I sent it in? Vaguely recall someone posting that they offer that service, but would like to confirm.

Anyway, if they don't offer that service, then add it to my list of what I would like to see from BM.

So many models l like, but the assist feature is a deal killer.
Yes, they will de-assist if you send the knife in. At least they will with the Volli. I've have spoken with Customer Service just for that very issue. I was told to send the knife in with a written request to have the coil spring removed so the knife with not be assisted. I also had to explain why I wanted the change before they agreed to the modification.

I work as an eye care professional and would like the option to use my Volli at the office. However, I am concerned as to how some patients might react. When I explained this to CS, they were more than willing to make the change.

I still have to send the knife in. Blade centering is perfect on my knife; along with zero blade play. I am concerned that it will not come back the same way.

Back