What would you like to see from Benchmade?

Left hand versions of the 761/765 Monolock framelock. Love the looks and materials of that family, but it doesn't work well with my left-handedness.

Drop the policy of giving out free clips and replacing blade for $30 or so if that means 10% price decrease.

I disagree, in my opinion the flexibility and piece of mind offered by Benchmade's after sale customer services are worth far more then the 15 to 30 dollars a 10% price drop would save me.

I would like to see the 940 offered in the custom shop, specifically with color options in aluminum (not just G10/CF). A 940 with a 20cv blade with the scales anodized in a vivid blue, red, orange and purple would be amazing.

I wouldn't mind seeing the bug out offered in CF either, so long as it doesn't jack up the weight of the knife.

It may be a pipe dream with Benchmade but uncoated cmp-m4 would be very attractive in some of my favorite knives.

Would love to see an auto axis 810. Have both a 810bk & a 9555, they compete about equally for primary edc duty.

There’s both auto & manual versions of the presidio, bedlam, and adamas. I think making it an option for the contego would make all kinds of sense.

Would love to see an auto axis 810. Have both a 810bk & a 9555, they compete about equally for primary edc duty.

There’s both auto & manual versions of the presidio, bedlam, and adamas. I think making it an option for the contego would make all kinds of sense.

+1 :thumbsup:. It would be cool to have the 810 as an auto. It might need to get a little wider in order to get enough spring in that handle. That blade is pretty heavy.

I disagree, in my opinion the flexibility and piece of mind offered by Benchmade's after sale customer services are worth far more then the 15 to 30 dollars a 10% price drop would save me...
I have to agree. One of the main reasons I carry a Benchmade is because of the customer service. If you drop the prices and drop the top-notch customer service, it will only be a matter of time before the prices start to climb again. The end result would high prices and zero customer service.

What would I like to see from Benchmade? That's easy. A 531 with D2 FFG blade. Coyote brown scales would be nice. As would a deep carry clip. There are lots of us that like the FFG blades offered by Spyderco but, we don't like how much room they take up in our pockets.

Oh, and, also offer a version with something simple, like an Insingo style blade. Name it the 533.

A limited run FFG Bugout would be nice, too.

As a lefty, more unassisted Axis-lock folders.

More mid-to-large EDC/Tactical folders (akin to the 950 Rift & 560 Freek)

More M390, Micarta Scale options, and/or Limited Edition releases.

Knives I'd buy tomorrow with a couple minor changes.
.090 blade stock and FFG blade on the valet.
.090 blade stock on the 486 Saibu.

Wish list.
.090 blade stock and FFG on all the mini models.

As a lefty, more unassisted Axis-lock folders.

More mid-to-large EDC/Tactical folders (akin to the 950 Rift & 560 Freek)

More M390, Micarta Scale options, and/or Limited Edition releases.

I agree with the first part of the bolded statement, but if it's limited editions that you want, they seem to have been steadily pumping them out over the last several months, or at least to me they have been.

I agree with the first part of the bolded statement, but if it's limited editions that you want, they seem to have been steadily pumping them out over the last several months, or at least to me they have been.
I've noticed that as well, but I always seem to be late to the party and things are completely sold out before I even know they've been released. Any tips on where to check to find out about Limited Edition releases before it's too late? Should I just do a better job of keeping an eye on these forums?

I've noticed that as well, but I always seem to be late to the party and things are completely sold out before I even know they've been released. Any tips on where to check to find out about Limited Edition releases before it's too late? Should I just do a better job of keeping an eye on these forums?

This forum is an excellent place to start; Benchmade regularly posts press/threads about upcoming models here, both incoming regular models as well as the limited editions before they drop.

My advice would be to check here frequently so upcoming models you want are on your radar and to check your favourite Benchmade premium plus dealer near the release date of said models so you can grab one before they're gone. Obviously, sometimes you can find LE models on the exchange too, but in my experience, they've been marked up over retail.

This forum is an excellent place to start; Benchmade regularly posts press/threads about upcoming models here, both incoming regular models as well as the limited editions before they drop.

My advice would be to check here frequently so upcoming models you want are on your radar and to check your favourite Benchmade premium plus dealer near the release date of said models so you can grab one before they're gone. Obviously, sometimes you can find LE models on the exchange too, but in my experience, they've been marked up over retail.
Thanks for the input, Chariotz. I'll try to keep an eye on these forums more consistently.

I live on a US military base overseas, so unfortunately there are no local Benchmade dealers. I'm relegated to online shopping only, which I think is one of the other reasons why I frequently miss the boat. Thanks!

I would love to see them do some Sprint Runs or maybe even bring back some of their classic "golden oldie" models. Two models that immediately come to mind for me are the Boguszewski Spike models 640 & 650. I carried and EDCed a model 640 Spike for almost 4 straight years and really loved it dearly. Also the models 640 & 650 were two of the very first Benchmade models I ever owned and would love to see them back in a new blade steel. I'm sure I'm not alone on that one.

A sub $100 liner lock folder with 154CM steel. Many styles. Remember the BM 350? Should be feasible.....look at the Steel Will Cutjack. $40ish from china with D2 blade. Benchmade should be able to fit the bill. Dual liners too. Not like that flipper liner lock that they have now.

I'd like to see a Benchmade take on a traditional folder or at least incorporate more wood scales in some of their designs. North American stabilized woods, not dymondwood or exotics.

Back