What would you like to see from Cold Steel in 2018?

I've been thinking we might get that as it would complete the trio. I'd buy one. Of course the other two XHP Voyagers were signature knives so who "sponsor" this one?

Well they have a million fighters, weapons experts, etc. in the Cold Steel family so I wouldnt think it would be that hard to find someone. If they left it plain edge it may be one of their best sellers. I would buy two.

I think it would be cool to give more options for each model. For example like spydero pm2 has different handle colors and option for black or satin blade plus comes in more steel choices. So do the same for like the recon 1 options in handle color, option stonewash/DLC, option in a few steel choices. They already have options for blade shape which is awesome and this year the OD and FDE.

I would really like to see CS go to molded sheaths like the one piece Mora or Glock 78/81 style. Compact, durable, functional. Even the old M8 style bayonet scabbard would be better than what they have now. Their current designs have to go imo.

If we doing fantasy booking I would love to see Cold Steel do some more collabs with well known designers.

Specifically, a CS made Triad lock SnG is a bit of a wet dream of mine...

I'd like to see two things from Cold Steel next year:

1) A new Proof video. Cold Steel has released many new models since Apocalypse Proof and I'd like to see what they're capable of. Also, I'd like a bonus disc containing all of the lock strength match-ups, with the inclusion of one new bout--the SR1 versus the Adamas. I find those tests fun to watch, and I'd like to see how far the Adamas would get before the SR1 bested it.

2) The inclusion of glass breakers on some of the folders, such as the Recon 1s and the Voyagers. They should be subtle-but-effective, like Microtech's miniature ball bearing design or LionSteel's small tungsten-carbide model. I know not everyone likes or wants a glass breaker, so I think Cold Steel should offer it as an option. But auto glass is tough, and if you ever have to breach it, you'll need a good glass breaker. Cold Steel could not only supply an effective one, but Lynn would insist on proving to the world that it works!

-Steve

Tip-up XHP Tuff Lite. Or BD-1. Or just keep it AUS-8 but make it tip-up or swappable to tip-up.

A line of sheepsfoot folders 3.5-4.5", plain-edge, with a handle texture / clip combo that doesn't obliterate pockets - Ideally, with something like the form factor of the Talwar when closed. Alternatively/additionally: Plate-Waved 4-4.5" Frenzy.

Folding Chinese War sword, just for giggles.

Last edited:
I've said it a million times on various forums, but cold steel just don't seem to like the idea.

- Recon series with a NON COATED BLADE
-
Lawman with a NON COATED BLADE
-
AK-47 with yep, you guessed it...a non coated blade
- XL spearpoint models

Seriously, offering knives with black blades only is like offering a car that only comes in one color, or t-shirts or house paint. Not everyone likes black steel, to me it just looks like plastic, plus it just takes away any class from the knife and makes it look aggressive. Even tho i still own numerous CS black bladed knives, stonewash like the voyager would look better imo, and it would save on production costs. My 2 cents.

I would like to see More Cold Steel 3" G 10 folders. Bring back the Mini Recon with a plain CTS-XHP stonewashed blade and different colors on G 10 handle scales. And loose the blade coatings.
Also bring back the old style Axis / Ultra lock with G 10 handle Scales!!

I saw a guy on youtube mod his Voyager Vaquero into what looked to be a waved scimitar blade-shape. Not sure if I can post the link to the video, so I won't. The way he did it was cutting something of a shallow semi-circle in the spine and tapered it down to the studs. With the recurve on the blade, it is the spitting image of the ancient sword style. They ought to slap a wave plate over where the thumbstuds would be and call it the Saracen. I'd love to get my hands on one the size of the Espada XL with a 7.5" blade. G10 handle scales and pistol grip handle similar to the Talwar series would make this a winner. DLC sprint run as well would improve marketability.

Last edited:
If we doing fantasy booking I would love to see Cold Steel do some more collabs with well known designers.

Specifically, a CS made Triad lock SnG is a bit of a wet dream of mine...

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton would leave Bill and Melania and get married, before Lynn Thompson and Mickey Ray Burger ever work together on a knife.

An AD-10

A modernized Mackinac Hunter (like how the Broken Skull is a modernized Lone Star Hunter)

I like this idea, but no billboards on the blade for goodness sake. How do they not realize that is a sales killer?

To tell the truth, I'd be happy if they managed to get the new grind profile on all the Recons next year. I'm waiting to pull the trigger on a couple of those.

I'd like to see two things from Cold Steel next year:

1) A new Proof video. Cold Steel has released many new models since Apocalypse Proof and I'd like to see what they're capable of. Also, I'd like a bonus disc containing all of the lock strength match-ups, with the inclusion of one new bout--the SR1 versus the Adamas. I find those tests fun to watch, and I'd like to see how far the Adamas would get before the SR1 bested it.

2) The inclusion of glass breakers on some of the folders, such as the Recon 1s and the Voyagers. They should be subtle-but-effective, like Microtech's miniature ball bearing design or LionSteel's small tungsten-carbide model. I know not everyone likes or wants a glass breaker, so I think Cold Steel should offer it as an option. But auto glass is tough, and if you ever have to breach it, you'll need a good glass breaker. Cold Steel could not only supply an effective one, but Lynn would insist on proving to the world that it works!

-Steve
Im interested in seeing that match up!! Even the cold steel reps give a silent nod to the axis lock. Im not sure if even the sr1 could take on that beast. My money is still on the triad!!!!

Back