What would you like to see from us?

krazichinaman

pew.....IMPACT!.........**PING**
What new product would you like to see from us? It can range to a new belt attachment to an off the wall holster for your paper clips! There is a good chance we might have done it in the past.

I have had problems with the small molle-locks, opening when wearing on a traditional belt. I would like to see a belt attatchment the is the size of the small molle-lock but works like a standard tek-lock.

I have had problems with the small molle-locks, opening when wearing on a traditional belt. I would like to see a belt attatchment the is the size of the small molle-lock but works like a standard tek-lock.

The Molle locks were never designed to be worn on a belt. However, we do have a new set of 2nd generation Molle-Lok (Large and small) that work "better" for that application. There are in our newest catalog located in the sticky thread. Check them out and let me know what you think!

The original Molle Loks work fine on the belt for me--I use one on my Maxpedition cell phone holster since it doesn't mar belts like the metal spring clip did. Just keep using it (especially on thicker belts) and the plastic will eventually deform into a slight s-curve, which will make the lock secure while giving space for your belt. Can't wait to play with the new ones, though!

I like to be able to find the Professional hunter Fixed Blade to match my folders. I contacted New Graham & Get vague info:

We have some Fixed Blades on order, just don’t know when or exactly what we will get so just keep an eye on our website.

Thanks

Lindsay

Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 12:11 PM
To: mdye@newgraham.com
Subject: Inquiry From newgraham.com

Full Name :
Tony

Company Name :

E-mail Address :

Query :
looking for a Blade tech #Pro-Hunter Fixed Blade Green.
thx
Tony

Tony, we (Annie) just got off the phone with BT...the ProHunter Fixed blades are discontinued. Sorry for the delay.
Regards, Mike

An iwb holster similar to raven concealment, that can be converted to an owb holster. Depth and cant adjustability when configured for iwb, but yet slim in profile for owb.

Tony, we (Annie) just got off the phone with BT...the ProHunter Fixed blades are discontinued. Sorry for the delay.
Regards, Mike

Mike,
You guys beat me to it. I was going to check with our knife department.

An iwb holster similar to raven concealment, that can be converted to an owb holster. Depth and cant adjustability when configured for iwb, but yet slim in profile for owb.

We can meet you half way! We have our eclipse holster (OWB) but it can be converted to IWB via the Eclipse IWB kit. Within the Eclipse IWB kit you have 3 different belt attachments to chose from. (Razor loops, IWB Pull Dot Snaps, and our S-Hooks (Tuckable). )

Check it out on our latest 2012 catalog.

We can meet you half way! We have our eclipse holster (OWB) but it can be converted to IWB via the Eclipse IWB kit. Within the Eclipse IWB kit you have 3 different belt attachments to chose from. (Razor loops, IWB Pull Dot Snaps, and our S-Hooks (Tuckable). )

Check it out on our latest 2012 catalog.
Thank you! I checked out the site and your hybrid holster really caught my eye. I like that you can convert it to iwb and the retention is adjustable. Can you tell me for sure if it'll fit the Springfield xdm 3.8 and for left hand carry

A re-issue of your old kabar sheath (or more versions for different knives) with a mount for a tek-lok instead of the non-removeable belt loop that came on the old one. (Actually bought one of these new last year in a surplus shop in Myrtle beach, but it's basically useless due to the beltloop.)

We do custom knife sheaths all the time. You wouldn't believe the things that come in and out of the shop everyday!

A re-issue of your old kabar sheath (or more versions for different knives) with a mount for a tek-lok instead of the non-removeable belt loop that came on the old one. (Actually bought one of these new last year in a surplus shop in Myrtle beach, but it's basically useless due to the beltloop.)

Any plans on making a higher quality version of the Pro Hunter Junior like the Taiwanese version you currently sell? I would like to see a version with an S30V blade with a high flat grind and G10 handles like the current Pro Hunter model.

I did buy one of these inexpensive models and I think they are a good price-point but the tips on the two I have are overground making the tips very fragile. I have always like this design and it makes a great EDC.

Jeff

Jeff,
Believe it or not I edc our Taiwanese Ganyana Lites. To me, its ideal size for EDC with plenty of tip strength. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Here are some pictures I took for you via cell phone.

IMG_20120228_073546.jpg

IMG_20120228_073519.jpg

IMG_20120228_073444.jpg

IMG_20120228_073424.jpg

IMG_20120228_073407.jpg

Any plans on making a higher quality version of the Pro Hunter Junior like the Taiwanese version you currently sell? I would like to see a version with an S30V blade with a high flat grind and G10 handles like the current Pro Hunter model.

I did buy one of these inexpensive models and I think they are a good price-point but the tips on the two I have are overground making the tips very fragile. I have always like this design and it makes a great EDC.

Jeff

Last edited:
Thank you! I checked out the site and your hybrid holster really caught my eye. I like that you can convert it to iwb and the retention is adjustable. Can you tell me for sure if it'll fit the Springfield xdm 3.8 and for left hand carry

I just checked inventory and we have both black and brown in LH for the XDM 3.8 available. All our holsters are made specifically for the firearm listed so there is no doubt that it will fit your 3.8.

I would also suggest you take a peak at our Eclipse holster too. You can really think of it as a non leather wrapped Hybrid. We also sell an IWB conversion kit to which will change it to an IWB setup. This is my current setup and I love it. I sometimes carry my XD .45 service w/ x300 (option not available yet) IWB with the Eclipse IWB.

Thanks for the pics... actually the tips on my Junior models are even thinner than that. I think that several got out that should not have.

Actually, I have quite a collection of Wegner knives: 1st gen Pro Hunter, Gayana in S30V/G10, Orange/Black blade Pro Hunter, Spyderco Lynx Prototype #18, 2 Orange Wegner Mouse, 2 Spyderco Mouse (one limited release with fish logo), Spyderco Wegner Hunter, 2 Spyderco Wegner Junior, ... I may have others but can't recall right now. My all-time favorite knife design (size, ergonomics) is the Wegner Junior but the highest quality I have are the 2 small Spyderco versions in ATS34. Not bad but not up to date with better liner lock and screw construction. If I had my druthers, I would go with full flat grind with a blade steel update and maybe even a titanium frame lock, but I think I am dreaming! The Lynx was close, but I still prefer the Wegner Junior.

Jeff

Well since you asked... :D

I (along with MANY on this and other forums) have often bemoaned that there is no one making a high quality "Scandi" folder. I know it it might go against "safe" business practices since it is such a specialized blade pattern and "niche" market, but I constantly see this question (and have even asked it myself) on forums: "Is there anyone making a decent Scandi folder?"

I think there is a market for it, albeit small and specialized.

Further thoughts on this:

1. Blade-Keep it on the thin side of modern folders. One one hand thickness = strength = "comfort" that we might be okay in using the knife for something it wasn't designed for anyway, however on the other hand, most users of Scandis would be using it for whittling/woodwork/bushcraft, and the thinner profile would serve all these ends better. Along these same lines, blade depth should be kept under an inch. Most of those wanting a folding Scandi need the narrow profiles for the fuzz sticks or "feathersticks" or notching sticks for traps, etc, and some Scandi knife attempts of late have started appearing with 1.5 or even 2 inch blade depths... That's missing the mark in my humble opinion... :confused:

Also, please...no choils, not even a sharpening choil, and danged little ricasso (I realize SOME ricasso is needed since it would be a swinging blade). If I want to cut a human hair, a piece of sewing thread, a length of fishing monofilament line, etc., I don't want the cutting stroke or draw to even slow down because the intended medium got stuck in the choil or notch or squared edge of the ricasso. Any ricasso present should direct the item to be cut into the first 1/8 inch of sharpened edge. Svord knives or the Mora Lapp 95 often show a good understanding of this principle.

2. Handle-Keep it smooth, wide, and without any edges that could even begin to cause hotspots or blisters during extended whittling or woodwork. The perfect blade placed in a G10 scale platform with flat "edgy" scales with no contouring or "melting" would also (in my humble opinion) miss the mark. The best example that is coming to me at this time of a handle on a pocket-sized lockback is the old Spyderco Wayne Goddards... The scales met the subframe PERFECTLY and were WIDE and HANDFILLING, but rounded life a well used bar of soap...

3. Scandi's are ZERO BEVEL grinds. Most of us that want and crave one want the true zero Scandi edge. Don't bother listening to those that want to start debating this grind versus microbevels versus flat versus convex blah, blah, blah. Those that want micro bevels or convex have more options than they can count ALREADY. Those of us that want a folding Scandi want a zero grind and have almost no other choices. Give us true zero grind Scandis and we will shut up, leave you alone, and go into the woods and use them till the cows come home. The Internet forum "experts" (i.e ANYONE with a high post count and a cool avatar that SAYS he is an expert :rolleyes: ) can then set undisturbed in their mom's basements and ramble on and DEBATE on the Internet about the inherent problems and weaknesses of the zero grind while those of us with this new high quality Scandi folder are out actually USING them in the world.

Thanks for your time and letting me ramble on... I know there is a market for this. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Please DO NOT DISCONTINUE the Profili.

And since I'm here. Design more tactical knives!

Check out the 2012 catalog in the sticky. The I4nI and Riptide should be coming out in late spring!

Please DO NOT DISCONTINUE the Profili.

And since I'm here. Design more tactical knives!

Back