What would you like to see in 2019?

GeofS

“Nostra-bladus”
Gold Member
Hi all,

Kind of a rehash of several other threads combined.

2018 has been a good year (we got the BK98 and BK62, people) but as it rapidly draws to a close, what would you like to see from BK&T in 2019?

Me:

BK2+ Chop-panion (BK2 with 9”blade)
BK9 Emperor (the King in S35VN)
BK62 in S35VN with micarta
BK34 (Eskabar in S35VN)

Hi all,

2018 has been a good year (we got the BK98 and BK62, people) but as it rapidly draws to a close, what would you like to see from BK&T in 2019?

Me:

BK34 (Eskabar in S35VN)
BK 62 Companion, shrink the BK62 and have about 3 1/2" blade.

Think of something similar to the BK14 but a more hand filling grip.
All the above and a Copy of the the original Machax :D

Hi all,

Me:

BK34 (Eskabar in S35VN)

All the above..... Except
Maybe the BK+2 with a 10-12" blade.
And how about the BK5 with a 15" blade....haha :D
A boy can dream!

well, i'm sure someone could cut a BK62 down to size...

BKNN North American Parang - 3/8 thick, 5160 or 80crv2esq

Becker WSK - Ethan loves him some WSK

I would love to see another timeless pattern brought back to life like the BK62. Amazing knife.

Having said that, I'm down for something big like a machete, parang, or golok. Seems the becker handle would be amazing on something like that. A slight forward cant similar but less aggressive than the BK4 would sweet. Accent that snap cut on a machete style blade. I'm a sucker for a bolo but a little bit of recurve is fine too. Just enough to help pull the grass into the edge and not so much that it gets hung up.

I could say I love my 15s and 5s and I stripped all but one pair I put back to save for future use ... and that I would love to see a 15 and 5 come back in a run of say AEB-L ...

but since they were discontinued due to lack of sales I would be shocked (although pleasantly shocked) by that happening.

I guess since I caught the Becker bug I have found several offerings I really enjoy ... and I think Ethan really puts alot of thought for practical use knives into everything Becker puts out ... so I will contently sit back and wait for the Jedi Master to show us what's next for Becker.

Now The Warrior The Warrior ... this is where you post the ass kisser remark ... :p ... I know I earned it.

Interesting ideas, some new, some usual.
You probably don't REALLY want a BK-9 in S35VN. It's not the best chopper steel. It seems that the stainless steels close to the chop-worthiness of 1095 are AEB-L and similar.

I plan to get a BK-62 in 2019, so I'm covered. ;)

Yes!!!! 100% this. Lots and lots of this.

BK 62 Companion, shrink the BK62 and have about 3 1/2" blade.

Think of something similar to the BK14 but a more hand filling grip.

I would love that. It would be a nice present to those of us in states where we cannot carry more than a 4" fixed blade on the belt. Recently all my fixed blade purchases have been in the 3.5"-3.75" range because I can just get more use out of them.

Back