What would you like to see in 2019?

Love to see Mr Becker's take on a scandi ground bushcraft knife. Something pointy a real carver.

Parang would be nice. The modded kabar swabbies floating around are a good starting point.

Love to see Mr Becker's take on a scandi ground bushcraft knife. Something pointy a real carver.

It actually wouldnt be too tough. There was already a saber ground BK16 in the past. All ya' gotta do is lower the grind line, since a scandi is really not much more than a low saber grind... But a scandi BK16 would be totally doable, and we know it's a handle and blade shape that already makes for a superb bushcrafting knife.

Yes!!!! 100% this. Lots and lots of this.
I would love that. It would be a nice present to those of us in states where we cannot carry more than a 4" fixed blade on the belt. Recently all my fixed blade purchases have been in the 3.5"-3.75" range because I can just get more use out of them.

4"! 4"!!
You're lucky!
We had to get up at 10:30, half an hour before we went to bed, and lick the road clean with our tongues. And we liked it!

--3" State Resident, with no apologies to Monty Python

(upside is I have a slammin' selection of 3" knives :p)

Interesting ideas, some new, some usual.
You probably don't REALLY want a BK-9 in S35VN. It's not the best chopper steel. It seems that the stainless steels close to the chop-worthiness of 1095 are AEB-L and similar.

I plan to get a BK-62 in 2019, so I'm covered. ;)
Thatโ€™s a very valid notation. Guess my request was a little impulsive. :)

2.png

Parang would be nice. The modded kabar swabbies floating around are a good starting point.
TweenerBushcrafter2.png

4"! 4"!!
You're lucky!
We had to get up at 10:30, half an hour before we went to bed, and lick the road clean with our tongues. And we liked it!

--3" State Resident, with no apologies to Monty Python

(upside is I have a slammin' selection of 3" knives :p)
Luxury!

Zieg

Back