What Would You Like To See KaBar Make?

After thinking about it a while, here's my list:

Jet Pilots Survival knife - Need I say more?
Scales for the 1117, or a slightly different handle?
BK15 no choil. I don't think it needs the choil. Also a stainless option with no coating would be lovely.
Bring back the BK17. I never got one when they were available and I'm not paying the 2nd hand inflated prices. By the way, Clip points are my Favorite!

At one point there was talk of a Tanto style BK11. The first sheaths were even shaped to accept the Tanto or the drop point. Have not seen the Tanto yet.

Bring back the two blade Barlow, and two blade folding hunter.
Give 'em 5160 blade steel this time around.

EDIT: And color case-hardened steel bolsters and liners ... or blued ...

2 blade Barlow would be nice, but a 2 blade Loom Fixer would be much better

view

Last edited:
I really like the SOG Team leader.
I would like to see Sir Ethan’s version of that knife with the great Kabar steel.

When you say SOG Team Leader, are you talking about this one? Ka-Bar used to make the Impact series, it had handles like the SOG. I really wish I had gotten some when they were available. This SOG is so comfortable in hand. Also discontinued.

teamleader_01_resize.jpg teamleader_02_resize.jpg

Although I don't mind the serrations on my 1281,I would like it if Ka-Bar gave the consumer the option of having them.

true - but that's part of why we have the 1317.
same pommel & guard, no serrations, 1095CroVan instead of D2.

true - but that's part of why we have the 1317.
same pommel & guard, no serrations, 1095CroVan instead of D2.
The Dog's head is pretty sweet! Feels great in hand. Never had any complaints about Ka-Bar's steel.

I agree on the sheath. They are awesome. The only reproduction one I have seen came with a Boker looks great but it’s made of metal and weighs a ton. It does however have upgraded webbing material.

The 1250 (5" short Ka-Bar) with a high/scandi grind and the top guard removed.

It's a great field knife, not a combat knife - get over it.

KA-BAR-1250.jpg

GR

Back