What Would You Like To See KaBar Make?

This is my idea for something new KA-BAR could do. It's called the theatre knife. Take the blade from the 1320, give it a parkerized finish, a brass finish on the crossguard and pommel, and replace the stacked leather washer handle with one made from washer layers of clear plexiglass, red plexiglass, and aluminum.

BK2 with out a skeletal handle and a longer 7" and 9" BK2 versions with out a skeletal handle.

First of all I like KaBar to make it through this unprecedented times undamaged and whole! - You all stay safe and sound over there :)

Regarding Knives:
1. BK14 with a slightly longer handle (just a tad) and fitting factory micarta scales (exact the same size as the nylon ones)
2. BK2 with a 7" or 8" or 9" blade.
3. 1217 with a wider tang.

Let’s see a remake of the Marine Raider Bowie. I believe Collins machete made the originals.

Let’s see a remake of the Marine Raider Bowie. I believe Collins machete made the originals.

Oh HELL yeah! I would so definitely buy that. I love my SP10 but it's not the same thing. Let KA-BAR put that into production. It might give the BK9 a run for its money.

The "Marine Raider Bowie" was the Collins #18 Pequeno Machete. It started its military service life as the survival machete in the USAAC bail out bags in the mid-1930s. During the early stages of WW2, Collins could not keep up with the demand with the rapid expansion of the AAC. Case and Western were authorized to make clones. Kinfolks made a paltry few, most likely to assist with Case contracts.

By 1944, the pequeno machetes were being replaced by the ONLY V44, the fixed blade machete made by Case, which had the INTERNAL CASE designation of V44. V44 was NEVER a US Military designation of ANY of the bailout machetes.

Contrary to internet bullshit, the "Marine raider Bowie" was NOT made specifically for them. They were a unit purchase order of about 750 Collins #18 Pequeno Machetes.

If anyone tries to sell you "an orignal Marine Raider Bowie", it is 99.99999% likely to be either a fake or an AAC bailout bag liberated knife. Very few of the original purchase weapons made it off Guadalcanal. Many were lost during the campaign due to rotting sheaths, more were lost battle when wounded were stripped of excess weight for evacuation, more were left behind when the Raiders left and the few remaining ones were turned in in exchange for 1219C2s.

The "Marine Raider Bowie" was the Collins #18 Pequeno Machete. It started its military service life as the survival machete in the USAAC bail out bags in the mid-1930s. During the early stages of WW2, Collins could not keep up with the demand with the rapid expansion of the AAC. Case and Western were authorized to make clones. Kinfolks made a paltry few, most likely to assist with Case contracts.

By 1944, the pequeno machetes were being replaced by the ONLY V44, the fixed blade machete made by Case, which had the INTERNAL CASE designation of V44. V44 was NEVER a US Military designation of ANY of the bailout machetes.

Contrary to internet bullshit, the "Marine raider Bowie" was NOT made specifically for them. They were a unit purchase order of about 750 Collins #18 Pequeno Machetes.

If anyone tries to sell you "an orignal Marine Raider Bowie", it is 99.99999% likely to be either a fake or an AAC bailout bag liberated knife. Very few of the original purchase weapons made it off Guadalcanal. Many were lost during the campaign due to rotting sheaths, more were lost battle when wounded were stripped of excess weight for evacuation, more were left behind when the Raiders left and the few remaining ones were turned in in exchange for 1219C2s.

That's a fascinating bit of blade history right there.

And now that you say that, I can definitely see it in the handle.

I have a dozen questions, but what's a USAAC bailout bag? Very interesting stuff.

United States Army Air Corp.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

It started right after WW1 and It evolved into the Air Force. (Don’t forget we went from Bi-planes to jets in about 15 years)

I may be over simplifying it. The Army had the Air Corp the way that the Navy has the Marines.

Last edited:
Not necessarily made by Kabar but I’d love to see more VZ Grips G-10 scales. Especially for the BK62 :)

Back