What would you most like from GEC in 2019?

What would you like to see from GEC in 2019?

• New patterns

• More variety in handle materials in the existing patterns

• ‘Modern’ traditional blade steels e.g. D2, and stainless

• Larger runs so there is less pressure to buy immediately

• Less SFOs

• More SFOs

• Sprint runs of smaller total knife numbers

• Better jigging patterns

• Lower prices on GEC knives

• Smaller runs and more variety

Results are only viewable after voting.
The title says it all. With a 5000 knife run on the horizon, what do forum members think?

(BTW This poll is deliberately unscientific and casual - in case anyone is expecting forum-knife like precision in the poll choices)

Last edited:
Would really like to se them be able to duplicate some of the jigging from the early part of the 20th century, companies like Schrade, New York knife and Challenge really did some incredible bone.
I would also like to see a large run of 38 Whittlers and Farmers jacks.

I'd like to see some 68s or 57s again. A nice sturdy farmer's jack on the 57 frame with a rooster comb secondary instead of a regular budding blade - wouldn't this be awesome? More modern steels would be great too.

Some of the options seem to be happening already: new patterns and larger runs. Personally I need a rest from the frenzy I undertook this year. The only GEC that might tempt me is a steak knife set in stainless steel for my family.

I think I've mentioned this before...
I'd like them to make a Mini Trapper... So I voted for "New Patterns" :D

MnmuHv7.jpg

xEO6ohG.jpg

These two came out a few months before I bought my 1st GEC and were already sold out.

So I'm patiently waiting for another run of the #33 Whittler & the #92 Eureka Jack.

Otherwise, just new patterns (for me) on a case by case basis. :D

Different jig patterns and "BETTER" dye jobs would also be appreciated.

I tend to like my steak pink :), but blood red pocket knives :eek: not so much! ;)

- Del

Edit:

Both of my votes contain the words "more" & "variety" :rolleyes:

As far as pattern request(s):

Both the #48 & the #89 in the 3 1/2 inch range :eek:

Last edited:
I vote for a pattern like a saddlehorn and a sowbelly. I like my girls with curves.
And stainless.
Although this is probably unrealistic for GEC, a build your own knife option, Like a GEC custom shop, would be wonderful.

Last edited:
Back