What would you most like from GEC in 2019?

What would you like to see from GEC in 2019?

• New patterns

• More variety in handle materials in the existing patterns

• ‘Modern’ traditional blade steels e.g. D2, and stainless

• Larger runs so there is less pressure to buy immediately

• Less SFOs

• More SFOs

• Sprint runs of smaller total knife numbers

• Better jigging patterns

• Lower prices on GEC knives

• Smaller runs and more variety

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd like them to make the single blade sheepsfoot #47 in NifeBrite acrylic again. I waited too long to order one last time around, and next thing I knew the dealers were all sold out. This knife wouldn't even be for me, it would be for my daughter as I think the straight edge will make her sharpening lessons easier to understand. And I know she'd get a kick out of having a glow in the dark knife.

I'd like them to make the single blade sheepsfoot #47 in NifeBrite acrylic again. I waited too long to order one last time around, and next thing I knew the dealers were all sold out. This knife wouldn't even be for me, it would be for my daughter as I think the straight edge will make her sharpening lessons easier to understand. And I know she'd get a kick out of having a glow in the dark knife.

A Sheepsfoot 47 in Tidioute and Northfield trim would also be a hoot.

Since we know they will run some 15s, I would vote for some more "electrician" or "farmboy" variants.

It's easy to forget that just a couple years ago, dealers and fans were asking GEC to increase production numbers, and they have certainly listened. Some dealers had virtually no stock of any patterns. This phenomenon of stock sitting available is a recent one, and to assume that a certain pattern is unpopular due to this might not necessarily be accurate. I am at a loss to try to explain 366 OD green Calf Pen Jacks...:)

Still, it seem to me that dealers are really planning ahead with such heavy order numbers on the 97. But, they might be thinking that it might be nice to have some stock remaining in a couple of years to sell to new fans. In the grand scheme of "production numbers" tho, even 1000 of something is still not really all that many, over the course of years anyway.

Couple of years ago there was a member trying to sell off his massive powderhorn collection he would post half a dozen each week and very few buyers came forward.

Since we know they will run some 15s, I would vote for some more "electrician" or "farmboy" variants.

It's easy to forget that just a couple years ago, dealers and fans were asking GEC to increase production numbers, and they have certainly listened. Some dealers had virtually no stock of any patterns. This phenomenon of stock sitting available is a recent one, and to assume that a certain pattern is unpopular due to this might not necessarily be accurate. I am at a loss to try to explain 366 OD green Calf Pen Jacks...:)

Still, it seem to me that dealers are really planning ahead with such heavy order numbers on the 97. But, they might be thinking that it might be nice to have some stock remaining in a couple of years to sell to new fans. In the grand scheme of "production numbers" tho, even 1000 of something is still not really all that many, over the course of years anyway.

I’d love another run of electricians.

I finally voted, so I could see the results, and I think they are pretty interesting.

Dealers apparently agree with the majority, as reflected by the pre orders for the 97.
They have to be thinking years in advance, because the huge numbers will keep many collectors away, and the 97 is not really designed with the modern user in mind (IMO).

all I want from GEC is more runs of the 2 blade #61 with some manner of acrylic sides. THAT is it

I used to love knives with strong pulls and a loud/strong snap open.
Now that my right index finger is swollen and twisted with arthritis, I like softer pulls and a mild snap open.
I voted for "larger runs" with the hope that more knives would sit on the dealer's shelves for longer periods of time. That way I'd have a chance to hear reviews of the knives before I had to rush and purchase one that I "think" I might like. I know the F&F will be there, I know the size and style of knives that I like, but you can't judge pull strength from a picture. You have to wait for reviews or purchase the knife and cross your fingers.

If you had asked me last year what pattern I wanted, I probably would have said the 82. Now I'm pimping for the 62 ... c'mon GEC!

I'd like to see GEC make another run of #79 3-blade Montana Workhorse Whittlers. At 3 3/4" it makes for an easy carry knife but is very stout; thereby, making it a good, solid, work knife.

wzXNqDv.jpg

ruwdjKo.jpg

but of course, Howard will probably never re-introduce a practical working knife again.

I'd like to see GEC make another run of #79 3-blade Montana Workhorse Whittlers. At 3 3/4" it makes for an easy carry knife but is very stout; thereby, making it a good, solid, work knife.

wzXNqDv.jpg

ruwdjKo.jpg

but of course, Howard will probably never re-introduce a practical working knife again.

That’s probably the easiest Whittler to make due to not being a splitback. I could see it coming back in some form.

wzXNqDv.jpg

ruwdjKo.jpg

Wow! Nice knife Ed :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That could easily replace a couple (maybe 3) of knives I currently use.

That one was before my time. The only #79 Workhorse I've seen is the 2 blade opposite end.

Another run of those would be great and has my full support!

- Del

Back