What would you most like from GEC in 2019?

What would you like to see from GEC in 2019?

• New patterns

• More variety in handle materials in the existing patterns

• ‘Modern’ traditional blade steels e.g. D2, and stainless

• Larger runs so there is less pressure to buy immediately

• Less SFOs

• More SFOs

• Sprint runs of smaller total knife numbers

• Better jigging patterns

• Lower prices on GEC knives

• Smaller runs and more variety

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am firmly on board with the mini-trapper but hopefully in both stainless and carbon to appease the masses. I want mine in 1095.

A scout knife would be the bee's knees and I sure wish I had my 72 back that I sold for way too little!

Something for a southpaw!

I know GEC made some of the 54 Big Jacks with nail nicks on either side on opposite blades, honestly probably one of my favorite knives, some might think it’s a little on the heavy side but to each his own.

I'd like some stainless steel jacks. 2 blades pivoting on the same end, 1 full size, the other shorter. To my knowledge, GEC still, to this day, hasn't made one under their own labels. The only stainless 2 blade jack GEC has made that I know of has been for the Cripple Creek brand in 2009. I'd personally like #48 jacks or spear bladed #78s and #15s but I'll take any that fit my earlier definition.

The CC #73 jack made by GEC.

I'd like some stainless steel jacks. 2 blades pivoting on the same end, 1 full size, the other shorter. To my knowledge, GEC still, to this day, hasn't made one under their own labels. The only stainless 2 blade jack GEC has made that I know of has been for the Cripple Creek brand in 2009. I'd personally like #48 jacks or spear bladed #78s and #15s but I'll take any that fit my earlier definition.

The CC #73 jack made by GEC.

There’s a #23 stainless 2 blade trapper on a certain auction site at the moment... is that close enough?

There’s a #23 stainless 2 blade trapper on a certain auction site at the moment... is that close enough?
Not for me. I have stainless GEC trappers (23s, 73s, and 48s) but they're not jacks the way GEC makes jacks. If you have a GEC 2 blade jack, take a look at the backsprings. You'll see that the secondary isn't just shorter but also a thinner stock, both blade and backspring. The CC above is like that too. The GECs with 2 full blades are not.

Not for me. I have stainless GEC trappers (23s, 73s, and 48s) but they're not jacks the way GEC makes jacks. If you have a GEC 2 blade jack, take a look at the backsprings. You'll see that the secondary isn't just shorter but also a thinner stock, both blade and backspring. The CC above is like that too. The GECs with 2 full blades are not.

Hm, you’re right. I noticed the thinner spring on the jacks secondary blades, but never really thought about the difference between a jack and a trapper outside of blade lengths.

Could you imagine how quickly a stainless run of the 92 Eureka would sell out?

all I want from GEC is another run of the 2 blade #61 half congress with some manner of acrylic sides. THAT is it ... as for most everything else I'm satisfied with Case offerings, but that GEC half congress is stupendous !!!!

Could you imagine how quickly a stainless run of the 92 Eureka would sell out?

No I can't. Nobody can. Such a small unit of time doesn't exist.

Looking at it a different way - if dealers' pre-orders determined the production run, we'd have to start discussing what we'd like to see in 2020 instead.

The bad news is I'd never have a reason to buy another knife.

I wish I could pick more than two.

I certainly don't think that lower prices from dealers is realistic, nor do I think it would be helpful.

I wish I could pick more than two.

I certainly don't think that lower prices from dealers is realistic, nor do I think it would be helpful.

Not to mention most all GEC dealers offer free shipping. :):):)

Postage, Boxes, Labels, Popcorn, Bubble Wrap & Ink etc ain't exactly cheap either! :eek:;):D

Does "Money & Nits" still grow on trees??? Pick em' if ya got em'! :p:rolleyes::p:rolleyes:

If so, somebody's been in my backyard pickin' all my *NITS* again. :confused::confused::confused:

Merry Christmas!

- Del

All in all, I just hope GEC keeps on Keepin' On! They came from nowhere and took the traditional knife world by storm, and show no signs of loosing any ground making heirloom quality products. Today a tiger eye acrylic trapper that is to be a gift showed up, it is a wonder to behold, just beautiful. I am still amazed at the knives that come out of those doors from those old machines and the workers hands running them.

My wishlist:

-ATS 34 or D2 steel
-a green TC barlow
-a slender medium (serpentine or equal end) stockman pattern
-smaller and lighter leather sheaths for their fixed blades
-more variety in the woods used for handles
- old style jigging/not industrial jigging
-replace all Tidioute micarta knives (ie the cheap knife in the run) with wane sawcut bone
-a new run of #50 or #60
- a better tang stamp (to replace Titusville Ironworks)

Back