Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
We have a nice thread on Whatcha Totin' ?
since I have an inbound beauty, I thought I'd start one on
Whatcha got on Order? :)

And mine is a pretty sleek looking Great Eastern Cutlery folder
Model #12 a Northfield folder called a Powder Horn with burnt stag scales,
they make a similar one that's called a Toothpick, with just one blade,
the Powder Horn has two blades and the main blade's profile, to me,
is a pretty nice looking clip point blade.

HOPEFULLY this will land here this week, as I travel again next Tuesday
to a small town called Argos IN, I hear tell there ain't a lot around that
part of the state, small town.

ONCE I have mine in hand, I'll update the Whatcha Totin'? thread ;)

G2

Nothing on order currently, but I'm saving my pennies for a trip up to the Zippo/Case Museum. I plan on bringing home a yeller handled Soddie Jr at the very least.

On order for 2011:

1. Alsdorf Ivory Micarta shadow slimline trapper.
2. Alsdorf Shetland jigged bone shadow slimline trapper.

To purchcase in 2011:

3. AG Russell Japanese Pruning Knife
4. Second Scagel Fruitport.

Sometime between now and forever:

5. Dowell. We talked about his slimline trapper but a couple of his other knives have my attention as well.

Closer to forever.

6. Brent Cramer. For sure the first knife will be a LC Jr. I would love either an Ivory & Ebony pair or a single peaches 'n cream.
7. Kerry Hampton. We exchanged emails about a 3 3/4" Camillus 4-line trapper but we may be at the "surprise me" stage.

And, I want a 3.25 - 3.5" carbon/tool steel thin fixed blade.

That should do me unless GEC, etc., come up with something really compelling.

- David

Last edited:
Nice list up there!

Here's a link to what that #12 looks like Here

G2

Gary and David, you got some winners coming in. David, you can remedy two itches with one scratch:

GEC #73411 fixed blade in 1095 with 3-1/8" blade and 7-1/4" OAL--here's mine in elk stag (and it came plenty sharp).
73411.jpg

I have two on the way. First is a GEC #72 Mini-Lockback with clip blade in elk stag and 440C (sorry, no pics yet).

The second is a Queen #98 Skinner I picked up off the e auction site in nice stag, 1 of only 11 made (seller's photo).
QueenStag98.jpg

I'm also on Master Smith John White's list for early spring of 2012, so hopefully will have something before BLADE.
And, of course, the forum EO Teardrop knife, coming in December.

I geuss like most of you here, waiting at the base of my driveway for the forum knife to arrive.

On order.....this will take me a while. I'm gonna come up with a list at work tomorrow......

I'm not doing too badly here myself.

1. The annual traditional forum knife
  2. A Todd Davison
  3. A Mike Alsdorf Gunstock
  4. A Kerry Hampton sumthin or other

Mike's got a very nice linen micarta jack up on his web site right now and it's taking some force of will not to snatch that right up. :eek:

Um...I hope my Mrs doesnt get in here :D ...I have 20 knives coming, a few customs, a mix of everything, man....I just cannot wait!!

Please...I need help.

Got a Case Sodbuster JR yellow handle CV blade coming. Can't wait to compare it to the stainless version I have.

Last edited:
Menefee Wichita Trapper (should be here tomorrow or Thursday)

Ken Coats Ez-Open in about a month

Something from SMKW when I go there in a couple months

2011 Forum knife later this year

Another Menefee in about 11 months or whenever Rick calls me

A Menefee Norfolk in a few weeks.

A Hampton Backpocket hopefully soon.

A Brent Cramer something in a year or so.

A Ken Erickson something in about a year.

Probably another Menefee in about a year.

I've got a Dowell wharncliff trapper that should be finished in a month or so, and I'm hoping to pop up on Brent Cramer (hopefully!) or Kerry's (prolly not) list this year. The Dowell is the first custom I'll own that I've actually worked with the maker on so I'm really looking forward to it.

Nathan

Nothing on order currently, but I'm saving my pennies for a trip up to the Zippo/Case Museum. I plan on bringing home a yeller handled Soddie Jr at the very least.

In recent months, I've driven by their sign on Rt 86 but never had time to be able to slip down to visit :( One of these days!
G2

It's well worth the trip Gary. I made my first trip this spring, and have been back twice since.:D

Paul

Last edited:
I am in line, but haven't paid yet, for the new Case Bose jack collaboration due out this year.

- Ken Coats later this year
- Brett Dowell, spring 2012?
- Ken Erickson, May 2012
- Rick Menefee, unspecified due date

Back