Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

A Burnt Chimney 2-blade Barlow, special edition for NKCA from 1993, just found in mint condition and immediately put my hands on it ;-)

On the way Another NIT with pin Gec #38 special wearing Indian red paint brush jig bone covers.
Don’t know what it is about these 38 specials but I’ve grown a liking to them .

On the way NW Delta Jack red linen Micarta thanks to The BF exchange and another great forum member .

The tracking still shows that my Buck 119 special was supposed to get here today even though it show that for some reason it went back to the regional sorting facility in the town it's coming from.
Man this is so frustrating, I've wanted one for so long and I know I can stand to wait an extra day or two but I feel I've waited long enough.

I've been looking at those for longer then I like to admit. Sooner or later I'll take the plunge. Lovely knife. I look forward to seeing it and your comments.
I have been carrying a FP XS in juniper wood for a while, they come from the factory pretty sharp but with a little time on a fine grit ceramic stone and a leather strop you can get them shaving sharp as I found out when I put a cut on the end of my thumb that used up four sticking plasters to staunch the flow but as I guess we have all found out a cut from our own blade heals quick, anyhoo the XS being a lockback ( illegal to carry where I live ) is a good solid little knife for every day tasks and disappears in the pocket, fit and finish as with all Fontenille Pataud knives is excellent. I have a small selection of French made knives mostly Opinel but some Laguiole style knives by Forge de Laguiole, Laguiole en Aubrac and Honore Durand. I like to rotate my daily carry and have just gone back to my much thinned out GEC collection in fact I have just two now a #25 Little Jack and a #15 Beer Scout. Earlier this year I decided to thin out the herd keeping only those I carried on a regular basis, but what I failed to realise was that my arthritiky hands would find handling the small pocket knives I have always favoured more tricky , hence the cut on my thumb and the move to inexpensive Opinels cheap as chips and easy to get in the UK they are also great slicers, but I wanted a larger knife for high days and holidays so have just ordered a single blade #78 GEC American Jack in smooth white bone that I look forward to receiving although I fear I have left it to late for it to get tangled in with the Christmas post and the good chance that it would avoid the inland revenue check and the resulting ransom demand.

I have been carrying a FP XS in juniper wood for a while, they come from the factory pretty sharp but with a little time on a fine grit ceramic stone and a leather strop you can get them shaving sharp as I found out when I put a cut on the end of my thumb that used up four sticking plasters to staunch the flow but as I guess we have all found out a cut from our own blade heals quick, anyhoo the XS being a lockback ( illegal to carry where I live ) is a good solid little knife for every day tasks and disappears in the pocket, fit and finish as with all Fontenille Pataud knives is excellent. I have a small selection of French made knives mostly Opinel but some Laguiole style knives by Forge de Laguiole, Laguiole en Aubrac and Honore Durand. I like to rotate my daily carry and have just gone back to my much thinned out GEC collection in fact I have just two now a #25 Little Jack and a #15 Beer Scout. Earlier this year I decided to thin out the herd keeping only those I carried on a regular basis, but what I failed to realise was that my arthritiky hands would find handling the small pocket knives I have always favoured more tricky , hence the cut on my thumb and the move to inexpensive Opinels cheap as chips and easy to get in the UK they are also great slicers, but I wanted a larger knife for high days and holidays so have just ordered a single blade #78 GEC American Jack in smooth white bone that I look forward to receiving although I fear I have left it to late for it to get tangled in with the Christmas post and the good chance that it would avoid the inland revenue check and the resulting ransom demand.
Might be time to make the switch to decaf.

Like many people I have a GEC American Jack on order from a popular website that has an Early Reserve system in place. I am waiting for a Northfield in Gabon Ebony. I am looking forward to this knife based on the photos other people have posted with the various cover materials.

25010430_2449405011952130_3266976163716661248_n.jpg

:thumbsup::cool::D

Merry Christmas everyone!

I’ve got a yellow delrin Case Sodbuster JR in CV, Sodbuster American Workman in SS, GEC Bullnose and a GEC 78 single blade in smooth white bone inbound. Nice way to end the year. Hope everyone is doing well!

Back