Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

Sounds really interesting. Any photos of an example that he has previously made? Or is this a one-off just for you?

He made both of these. He’s been making a couple years as a hobby, and only made a few slip joints now. He’s a member here also. Mechanically, the slip joints are awesome. Walk and talk and action is crisp. I don’t have pics of the 2 or 3 others I’ve seen so far.

71A332C4-3FF0-4566-9F3E-010C1FD9EBBE.jpeg

I have what will be my first Micarta #15 with bail and chain coming in soon. Someone explain the draw of Micarta to me please.

Thx John, never owned one so I thought I'd give this #15 a shot, how can you go wrong with a #15 in anything??

Hi! I’m relatively new to the forum but not to knives. I got a pretty decent quarterly bonus this quarter and I recently had a difficult and drawn out bout with meningitis so as a reward / celebration for myself, I have a GEC #71 in OD Micarta on the way as well as a GEC Caping Knife in natural micarta and I also purchased a Lionsteel Roundhead from a BF member today. Next week is going to be a lot of waiting impatiently for the mailman!

I snagged this off the big auction site today. It popped up when I was searching for something else. I like the funky GEC shields and had never seen this one so I made an offer.

Seller's photo
i.ashx

I think it will go well with my banana and rose. One day I'd like to snag a beaver too. GEC, a whale shield would look great on the whaler...
i.ashx

Hi! I’m relatively new to the forum but not to knives. I got a pretty decent quarterly bonus this quarter and I recently had a difficult and drawn out bout with meningitis so as a reward / celebration for myself, I have a GEC #71 in OD Micarta on the way as well as a GEC Caping Knife in natural micarta and I also purchased a Lionsteel Roundhead from a BF member today. Next week is going to be a lot of waiting impatiently for the mailman!

Welcome.

Placed an order for the Father's Day gift my wife and offspring are going to give me.
A Case Carhartt medium stockman with punch and G10 covers.
Not altogether certain about the G10, but this is the only stockman with a punch that Case offers in stainless.

I managed to order one of the 15 clips in red micarta.
I’ll drift away from it sometimes but the 15 is a wonderful pattern.

I managed to order one of the 15 clips in red micarta.
I’ll drift away from it sometimes but the 15 is a wonderful pattern.

Did you just snag it? I was able to get a black one just a couple of minutes ago.

Got this on order too. Pheasant Feather #56 Dog Leg pattern. Really like the feather configuration on it, each one is unique!
Great knife. I liked mine a lot, but my son fell in love with it, so it's his now.

Passin it along, John! You know, I've done that too. My son in law got an equal end jack last year for Christmas. He had never heard of GEC but he knows now what the difference is.

Back