Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

Waiting for this one. Would rather have snagged the micarta buuuut 's all good.
FNmrVK6s_o.jpg

I ordered a Grohmann #2 Trout and Bird with full flat grind.

Picture is of a sabre grind from the manufacture's site .

I was told by a couple of vendors that Grohmann has been swamped with orders and with covid it may take a little longer than usual.

2voLjzw.jpg

NOOOO! I don't know how long I'll have to wait for my dead skunk now. The international airport just got shut down because of this eruption.

anvg223l_o.jpg

Image is from the town right next to airport.

Edit: I live in Iceland.
:eek:

Well I was lucky enough to score this one yesterday. When the carvers came out it kinda bothered me that the blades were all the same. Regardless I still liked the the look of them fairly well but I never did pull the trigger at the time. Of all the different handles for me it's hands down the Red & Black Micarta Shadow pattern I like best and I'm so happy I was lucky enough to find one for sale when I did. :D

55697f21e11b01d23141c8c41fd0383c.0.jpg b0fa48c1f5cff17936b8147a2e04bc2e.0.jpg 1d76c8e072826fe736419a521c04e2ef.0.jpg 9c1789b0bfd171df06dee4fef027684e.0.jpg

Well, I did a thing. Ordered another Boker Barlow Expedition. I like mine so much I want to have a spare (maybe two?) on hand incase one gets damaged/ lost/ stolen. Which has happened more than a few times over the decades, to things I really like.

Outside of having multiple SAKs and fixed blades for multiple emergency kits, I've only had multiples of a pattern with different handle materials over the last 16 months or so. This will be my first traditional where I buy 2 or more of the exact same knife.

To quote Jubal Early - "Does that seem right to you?"

Ack. o_O

Well, I did a thing. Ordered another Boker Barlow Expedition. I like mine so much I want to have a spare (maybe two?) on hand incase one gets damaged/ lost/ stolen. Which has happened more than a few times over the decades, to things I really like.

Outside of having multiple SAKs and fixed blades for multiple emergency kits, I've only had multiples of a pattern with different handle materials over the last 16 months or so. This will be my first traditional where I buy 2 or more of the exact same knife.

Ack. o_O
I usually get a different handle material but so far this one only comes in Carbon Fiber. So yes, that seems right to me.:D

IMG_5825.JPG

This will be my first traditional where I buy 2 or more of the exact same knife.

Ack. o_O
The thought has crossed my mind more than a few times, if you’re going to do it that Expedition is a good choice. Great knife, and available.;):thumbsup:

I usually get a different handle material but so far this one only comes in Carbon Fiber. So yes, that seems right to me.:D

View attachment 1532678

Nice. :D

The thought has crossed my mind more than a few times, if you’re going to do it that Expedition is a good choice. Great knife, and available.;):thumbsup:

Not sure why, but this one just does it for me. Never thought any one particular Barlow would do that.

Back