Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

That's definitely a special piece of cocobolo, and I like the blade/handle proportions. What is the steel?

qsqreu.jpg

I have been wanting to add at least one specimen of Opinel to my knife collection... But, to be totally honest, I had not seen any that really sparked my interest. But, this one did, so I have it coming my way :)

2qv7crl.jpg

Last edited:
qsqreu.jpg

I have been wanting to add at least one specimen of Opinel to my knife collection... But, to be totally honest, I had not seen any that really sparked my interest. But, this one did, so I have it coming my way :)

2qv7crl.jpg

I sent you an email regarding this. :)

qsqreu.jpg

I just got one of these in about a week ago! Fantastically slim and elegant...(for an Opinel). :D
Not a heavy duty user as the blades are a tad thinner, more flexible and very, very sharp...like straight razor sharp! :thumbup:

bubingamaduro_zpsbf534175.jpg

Craftsman Stockman, Case TL-29, two Klein slipjoints, and now a GEC #15 Boy's Knife in smooth ivory bone! :D

I just got one of these in about a week ago! Fantastically slim and elegant...(for an Opinel). :D
Not a heavy duty user as the blades are a tad thinner, more flexible and very, very sharp...like straight razor sharp! :thumbup:

bubingamaduro_zpsbf534175.jpg

Thanks for sharing the info! :)

Btw... the lettering on the blade looks very much like it may be done a la laguiole style (deep into the blade). Are these opinel blades made of hammer forging method as Forge De Laguiole uses?

I've got a GEC #72, cocobolo, wharncliffe on the way. I'm breaking tradition with this one, first GEC without burnt stag. I just needed a nice traditional to tout on wooden wednesdays. ;)

Thanks for sharing the info! :)

Btw... the lettering on the blade looks very much like it may be done a la laguiole style (deep into the blade). Are these opinel blades made of hammer forging method as Forge De Laguiole uses?

The website only says:

The blade
Cut out from a strip of steel, the blade is heat-treated to alter the internal structure of the steel, making it very hard. This raw blade then passes through a series of specific grinding wheels in the fully robotised grinding-polishing machines. They give it the unique domed Opinel profile which ensures unrivalled strength and cutting edge.

http://www.opinel.com/uk/les-fiches-opinel

The website only says:

The blade
Cut out from a strip of steel, the blade is heat-treated to alter the internal structure of the steel, making it very hard. This raw blade then passes through a series of specific grinding wheels in the fully robotised grinding-polishing machines. They give it the unique domed Opinel profile which ensures unrivalled strength and cutting edge.

http://www.opinel.com/uk/les-fiches-opinel

Thank you :)

Peanut is just a little too small for me....

Ordered a Case Mini Copperhead in the magenta bone

ywcg.jpg

(image from the net)

Back