Whatcha got on order ?

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
Besides knives what kind of gear do you have coming ?

I've got a Fisher stowaway pen and a 2 pack of Perma pic reusable pocket toothpicks coming.

I've been wanting a smaller pocker sized pen for a while and yesterday the opportunity upgrade presented itself.
My dad saw my chrome Cross Century and admired it remembering the one he had been gifted many years ago so I went ahead and gave it to him then placed my order for the Fisher stowaway I'd been interested in trying out.

The Perma pic is something I had a long time ago and forgot about till now, I haven't carried any of my Vic's in a few weeks and have realized carrying them just for the toothpick isn't always practical.
Instead of filling up the old toothpick holder with disposable wooden toothpicks went on the search for something reusable and rediscovered these.

That's what I've got coming, for myself anyways.

Two replicas of 1800 Lever Guns. A Winchester 1866 or Yellow Boy and a Winchester 1873. Replicas in the sense that they weren't made when the original production of these models where being made but both are fully functional and both are Deluxe versions so they have the nicer stocks. Currently these are being made in Japan by Miroku but they are Winchesters and slightly nicer than the Italian Replicas based on what I've read although those are supposed to be real nice as well.

My Fisher pen arrived at the post office today, now I'm just awaiting confirmation that it's ready for pickup.

Last edited:
The new upgraded arms for my wicked edge.
Can't wait to receive them!

Seiko SPC131P1

attachment.php

Hong Kong dealer shipped to Singapore for Deutsche Post pickup with Chicago delivery. It's all one world now. I may have to go to night school to learn how to use the watch.

I've got an old ( not recent is all I really know ) Queen bird and trout in the works from a fellow member.

The last gadgets that I ordered online were the Mr. Beams battery operated motion sensing lights. I started a thread on them or any similar light and there was not much interest. Found it surprising how useful they are.

I ordered some HVAC return vent covers and installed to replace the 20 year old ones that had gotten a little rusty and you could not remove the outer grill for cleaning. The new ones are removable and a very good upgrade.

I replaced three door knobs yesterday. There is very limited choices available that are not locking for an exterior door. Basically the doors have a dead bolt with what amounts to an interior non-locking knob. More than likely, I will eventually change this to locking dead bolt and door knob for added security when I'm ready to change locks for the house and use the new knobs on interior doors.

I've got two warm weather woodland camo US ARMY patrol caps coming.

When I was a kid my dad gave me both of his cold weather patrol caps, one the dog chewed up the other I wore, and wore, and wore till it couldn't take it anymore.

My eyes are a bit sensitive to the sun so I'm always wearing sunglasses, and the short bill of these hats play very well with my sunglasses not pushing them down against my nose. That made these the perfect cap for me.
I wore that hat every single day till I wore it out and replaced it a few years ago, it's replacement also a cold weather.
The cold weather's are not suitable for year round wear ( in general, but specifically summer ), the flap is tearing and already close to falling off on this one.

These really are the only cap for me, luckily a current manufacturer / GOVT supplier started to make these again so I can buy more of these and hopefully the cold weather's for the winter if available so I never run out in case production stops.
Call me crazy but I plan to be a grey haired old man with one of these on my head.

Last edited:
I'll probably be a gray haired old man wearing a medium long brim cap from Bass Pro if they are still available. :D I love them to block the sun and maybe a little rain. Basically a ball cap with long brim.... I have a number of them stashed around. I wish they made a camo version.

I'll probably be a gray haired old man wearing a medium long brim cap from Bass Pro if they are still available. :D I love them to block the sun and maybe a little rain. Basically a ball cap with long brim.... I have a number of them stashed around. I wish they made a camo version.
Like Scottie smalls on the sandlot ?

Finding " the hat " is wonderful thing :)
I have a few other hat's I wear doing yardwork or anything outside for an extended period of time if there's bright sunlight, but they're not worn even close to as much as the patrol cap.
There's also a hat required for work, but I despise the thing and put " my hat " on the frist chance I get.

Last edited:
1/8in Para Shock Cord in 3 flavors.. Gonna make a loop lanyard and secure the knife and fire steel to the sheath..
John

Karas kustoms EDK pen in the copper flavor.

Had a set of Russian Gorka camo in tebetian colors on order for a while, came a couple days ago. Pretty nice stuff and very well made.

Got my hats in today, and they're well made.
They feel the same on my head, but for some reason they're about 1/2" taller than my old ones and they just look a bit off.
I suppose I'll just have to get used to them.

If I used eBay to get some older ones, and nobody who carries the new US made ones lists the exact manufacturer so I could try a different make in hopes they use the older specs.
I guess I'm just stuck getting used to these or checking any surplus store I come across.

Back