Whatcha got on order ?

I got a refurb for 316 including shipping from field supply. 295 without. I couldn't pay the $460 if I wanted to.

I ordered a Snow Peak Gigapower canister stove this morning. I’ve been using either Coleman multi-fuel stoves or alcohol stoves forever. Thought I’d play around with something new for a bit.

Last edited:
Delivered today from Tom Bihn- Tom Bihn Synik30 and Daylight Briefcase. Very happy with both. The pack is very roomy and well done, while the bag is as light as I expected it to be and serves as a perfect sleeve/out to town bag combo. The Synik30 has a luggage hadle opening which is perfect size for my roller.
20191025_2042381201.jpg

My larger pack is Eberlestock Battleship V90.
Battleship-pack.jpg

Love that one. Tom Bihn will be my travel by air companion.

After a mishap, I had to buy a new model rocket. Estes Bandito came today. I'm too sick to mess with it. Cough* Achoo!*

Ugh.

Ordered two more little Vaughan Sub zero sportsman hatchets.
I have one I bought 5 or do years ago but wanted to do a better job with it this time around.

A 12 pack of new USGI Surplus wool blend socks from Sportsman's guide and a 3 pack of Moreno Wool socks that a deal popped up for during checkout.
We'll see if those Moreno Wool socks are any warmer than the GI wool blend socks.
If they are I can use the GI socks as winter work socks, my regular work socks for the summer, and buy some more of the Moreno Wool socks for regular winter socks.

They supposedly run small and they only had smalls , so hopefully they fit my 7EE feet.

Also just bought a USA Schrade Tough tool and little Tough chip off eBay.
I recently realized that I stopped at my first quality multitool because my Fuse really hit the nail on the head, never really tried anything else out and these interested me so I picked them both up.
$15 for the Tough chip and $20 for the Tough tool so I figured why not.

I guess I'm on a bit of a multitool kick lately, I just bought a mint in box Sebertool M2 off eBay and that makes 4 MT's in two weeks.
I've been interested in the little sebertool MT's for a while because they seem to have sturdier pliers than any other US made tool this size, but I just never see any of them for sale at a good price.
When this mint M2 popped up for $37 shipped I jumped on it.

I'd rather not have a special edition version of any kind, but what the hell I don't think I payed any kind of special edition price or anything and I don't have to deal with worn driver tips on a used beat up one.
It seems people just don't let any of the sebertools go too often.

Now I've just gotta find an M4, and an M3
A seller on eBay has 3 different mint M4's listed but wants almost $150 for them and I'm not that stupid.

Last edited:
I just impulsively bought a 17pc eBay lot that included a Mint Harley Davidson M3.
Not specifically for the M3 because I payed way too much in that case, but it's the only noteworthy thing I really wanted for myself.
There's 5 unopened Swisstools of various models plus 4 other keychain gadgets and 5 random filler pieces , so I've got 9 gifts / stocking stuffers for this Christmas plus the Sebertool M3 I wanted, and I'll do something with the rest.
It's all unused / unopened which is definitely a good thing.

My mom's husband is currently on parole ( trying to turn things around ) which makes a household of 4 who can't have pocket knives or bladed multitools...ect and the little Swisstools will be great for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 315
I ordered a DSLR camera body today to replace the one that stopped working after it got rained on this past week. I will have to see if I am going to get the old body repaired. It will depend on estimated cost. This was about like a transmission going out for me.... totally unexpected but heavily depended on by me.

Hickory n steel Hickory n steel You really are on a multi-tool kick! I have one of the Swiss Tech tools (top left product). It's okay, but the pliers are too fat for the kind of jobs I would want it for.

Last edited:
Bought some tobacco brown 4oz leather , I plan to make some kilties for my Thorogood's.
The color won't be an exact match but the slight contrast will look good i think.

I ordered myself a brass CaseXX belt buckle.

And I ordered a purple Vic classic for my grandmother.

I gave her a cheap Mossberg branded knockoff years ago and she was just telling me yesterday how handy it is and that she's recently been carrying it next to the Olite i3e I bought her for her birthday.
I figured if she liked the scissors on the knockoff so much she'd love the real deal even more.

5grdGWN.jpg

When I was a kid I spent a summer working for an optometrist. At 17 my eyes were able to count threads on a hinge screw.

Now that I'm wearing glasses these Screw Flaring Pliers are just what I need to tighten a temple hinge.

Ordered a SOG Power Pint multi-tool. I looked at them in a store and it has a pretty good needle nosed pliers on it. Most of the tools I won't use, but I plan on keeping i in my camera bag for emergency needs.... like tightening up my tripod.

Interested to look at the quality and compare to my older SOG multi-tool.

I just ordered my dad a NOS Gen Cut M7 Bayonet with M10 scabbard for Christmas, this will replace the $10 POS replica he's got hanging on his wall.

He was issued a brand new one just like this right before he got out for the got out of the Army for the last time and I know how he wishes he had been able to keep it.

Ordered a SOG Power Pint multi-tool. I looked at them in a store and it has a pretty good needle nosed pliers on it. Most of the tools I won't use, but I plan on keeping i in my camera bag for emergency needs.... like tightening up my tripod.

Interested to look at the quality and compare to my older SOG multi-tool.
Seems to be a real nice multi-tool. Over time, I will develop a sense of how strong and well made it is, but things look good. It is precisely the multi-tool that I was hoping Victorinox would make. It's pocket sized, but quite a lump at 4.2 oz.; probably about like some of the three or four layered SAKs. It's 3.2" closed. I think I'm going to like it and carry it.

Last edited:
I ordered my Christmas present... a new Tamron lens to fit my DSLR. (A splurge.) This will carry me forward if I really start to get into wildlife photography more. It is a little slow, but I'm not spending 10-12K for a really fast lens. I was previously good out to about 75 yards on deer sized animals. Black bear cubs were a bit on the small size unless I got lucky, especially in May when they are about 12" long. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works the way I expect it too. I have read that this lens is very sharp.

Last edited:
Back