Whatcha got on order ?

In my op of this thread I mentioned my order of a two pack of perma pic reuseable pocket toothpicks, well I just ordered an assorted 10 pack.
I could use a new one, but I also know a few people who saw mine and wanted one.

Hickory n steel Hickory n steel You order a lot of stuff. Don't they have stores where you live?
In my small dinky rural town we've got a hardware a grocery store and a dollar general.
There are other larger towns around me with walmarts...ect but there's a lot of stuff I can only get if I order it , especially if I something specific.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Do you use wire strippers? I'm always worried that I'll just cut the wire off. Maybe I need to practice to get a better feel for them. I haven't bought any hand tools in a good while except for some allen wrenches.

I am waiting on delivery of the 2019 Traditional Forum knife and some photography accessories. Not concerned about getting this stuff before Christmas, but all are supposed to arrive before.

The best strippers have a compound action that hold the insulated bit while removing the insulation from the end of the wire. I got these at flea markets. The large one does 8 - 22 gauge. The small one does 16 - 26 gauge.

Got my Maxpedition micro and my pocket notebooks on the same day.
I've gotta say the little notebooks are smaller than I expected and I'm actually impressed.

And the Maxpedition micro holds everything for my left front pocket plus my keys without being too bulky at all.

Sure now I have to pull this thing out and open it up for some of the things, but they made it so easy to draw out that I think I can get used to it.

Looks like a good combination. I was in Office Depot to pick up my preferred 2020 Appointment book that I use to keep track of many things jobwise.... from mileage, brief notes on a job, miscl costs I might forget about (business stuff), what jobs I do on what day, hotel reservations... bit of everything. I told my helper once that if he wanted to hurt me, just steal the appointment book. :D He would never do that but it illustrated just how important it is in my business documentation.

These appointment books are getting really expensive, but unfortunately I would pay twice the price as I have each year's saved as part of the business documentation.... like 15 of them now (all the same size).

But the reason I mentioned this at all is that I saw these three packs of little notebooks with lined paper for $10. I bought a pack as I can use them as a shirt pocket item. I got some black magic markers as I use them a lot for labeling things that ultimately I photograph as part of job documentation.

I have this little pocket spray bottle of glass cleaner I use for my phone screen and sunglasses, but normally keep it in my bag because I lost the cap and it's kind of bulkier than I'd carry in my pocket and I decided I wanted something smaller.
I went on eBay and found a 3 pack of 5ml 10ml and 15ml plastic spray bottles for $6, and a 5 pack of little 2ml plastic spray bottles for $5.
I didn't know what size I'd like, and I know multiple people who could use one for their glasses so it's all good.

Last edited:
So...

My "inheritance" came through finally today. I'm visiting family in Texas currently, but when I get back to the CHI I'm going to have my lgs find a good deal on a Dan Wesson model 715 .357 pistol pack.

Other than that, nothing on order yet. Got $100 to the 'zon, no idea what to buy.

Thursday or Friday I'll be driving to San Antonio with my grandma to visit friends, and will be going on a tour of the SAS shoe factory, and I have a $250 gc there so I'll be getting some new shoes. Size 14 wide!

Got the 3 pack of mini spray bottles in, here's the 5ml next to a standard expo marker.

I don't have one to compare it to but it's about the size of a chapstick.

They arrived surprisingly fast ( apparently Amazon also sells through eBay because it was an Amazon package )

Ordered a number of things recently including a boot dryer.

Just got these cool machined brass keychain capsules in.
The price was great, they're pretty well machined, and they even came with extra O-rings which I didn't expect.

I also received some GI cattlehide gloves as well as a couple of new US ARMY surplus jackets I ordered my dad from Sportsman's guide, a PT jacket as well as a hoodie. He's proud of his service and likes to show it.
A long time ago my dad gave me the last pair he had been issued and they're finally wearing out so I decided to replace them.

Last edited:
I ordered and received a Robert's carpet puller. Never knew about them. Probably will come in handy removing difficult carpet. Got it a Home Depot and shipped to the local store for pickup. One day shipping. Very fast service. This is probably about the 5th purchase I made though their online site and shipped free to the local store. Very pleased with the service.

I ordered and received a Robert's carpet puller. Never knew about them. Probably will come in handy removing difficult carpet. Got it a Home Depot and shipped to the local store for pickup. One day shipping. Very fast service. This is probably about the 5th purchase I made though their online site and shipped free to the local store. Very pleased with the service.

Cool tool there, seems very simple yet effective.

Cool tool there, seems very simple yet effective.
I hope it works well. I got two of them for my crew. Next item on the agenda is a carpet winch for yanking glued down carpet. (Waiting on approval on a particular job before I spend the $.) I will probably buy the winch and make the set up myself. This again is something I didn't know existed and I have spent an entire day with a scraper trying to get heavily glued down carpet up in a single room.

I figure two jobs and I have paid for it in time savings. Plus I have winch I can use for other stuff. :D

Last edited:
I ordered a competition trigger group for my Beretta PX4. Probably gonna gonna get a sight pusher and Tru-glo TFX sights.

Ordered a metal guide rod assembly and a comp cam block for the Px4. Trigger kit will be here Tuesday.

So Tru-glo doesn't make a set of TFX/TFO sights for the Px4. Not sure if I'm gonna bother with new sights.

For now, the Dan Wesson model 715 is off the table.

Been ordering photography/camera accessories over the last few weeks. This is all stuff that is under $100 in general. I got a replacement quick release assembly today and have another plate on order. The original one broke and it never really had good fit. (That's probably why it broke.) I find these quick release plates very useful and like to have one for each camera I might use on a given outing.

Installed the new trigger group today, wow what a difference it makes! Very impressed, this should be standard on the Px4. Reduces the slack and pull weight.

I was watching my daily Adam 12 reruns on meTV when I saw an add for T shirts on their website.
I went on there and while I didn't find a Rockford files T shirt for myself like I had hoped, I did find a MASH t-shirt for my dad's birthday next month.
That's just about his favorite show, and i just know he's gonna love it.

Back