Whatcha got on order ?

I just ordered 4 more of R&B inc woodland camo patrol caps.
Now I've got 5 extras in case they stop manufacturing them, I'm not going to wear in imported US ARMY patrol cap and I'm not giving up my old school woodland camo.

Last edited:
Some neatsfoot oil, and some neutral shoe polish.

These Corcorans are still stiff and creaky, and warm days ahead where I won't be wearing boots so I'm hoping the neatsfoot oil will help speed up the break in process.
I'm also contemplating using some denatured alcohol to strip some of the brown finish off.
I am normally not big on aging and distressing things , but these boots just don't look good at all when they're new.

I know switching to the neutral polish will help let the wear show instead of covering it up like the brown polish is doing.

Ordered some denatured alcohol as I've decided to refinish these boots, I'm not going to age or distress them but I do want to refinish them.

Went to the hardware store for the denatured alcohol and the guy said " that sounds super familiar " but looked it up and they didn't have it, so I had to order it.

Last week I found these recently discontinued Chippewa 20017 in my size on clearance down to $99, for an American made boot like this that's ridiculous.

They arrived today and I really like them so far.
That’s a good lookin boot. How do they fit width wise? I like shoes/boots that run narrow. Hard to find.

That’s a good lookin boot. How do they fit width wise? I like shoes/boots that run narrow. Hard to find.
These fit true to size, but I'm still breaking them in a bit.
They turned out not to be slip resistant though, so I ordered some Goodyear wedge soles and am going to try my hand at taking on the resole myself.

These fit true to size, but I'm still breaking them in a bit.
They turned out not to be slip resistant though, so I ordered some Goodyear wedge soles and am going to try my hand at taking on the resole myself.
Interesting. Keep us posted.

I just ordered 4 more of R&B inc woodland camo patrol caps.
Now I've got 5 extras in case they stop manufacturing them, I'm not going to wear in imported US ARMY patrol cap and I'm not giving up my old school woodland camo.
You might get a chuckle out of this.... I still wear some camo I bought at Herter's back in the 60's trout fishing. That's pretty old school! The other humorous thing is I don't think it has ever been washed in nearly 50 years. ;)

Hope you don't "ruin" those new shoes/boots.

You might get a chuckle out of this.... I still wear some camo I bought at Herter's back in the 60's trout fishing. That's pretty old school!

Hope you don't "ruin" those new shoes/boots.

I hope so as well, but I've got nothing to loose at this point.

My American made Revo heading X sunglasses are now missing both bridge pieces which cannot be replaced, and while it honestly doesn't effect the comfort on my face at all I decided I wanted a new pair.

I went looking online and all I could find was the current MADE IN ITALY offering ( will not buy any sunglasses manufacturered by Luxottica ) because my sunglasses are now discontinued and I'm maybe a year too late to find and NOS around.
I couldn't find any other US made sunglasses I liked at a price I was happy with so I decided I'd look into finding a secondhand pair of my model re4058x.
Found a pair for $60 on this site where people resell apparel.
I'm not into fashion or any of that stuff and hated to give my email to such a site, but I wanted them and they were in my size so I went for it.
They will be my everyday pair and the current pair will be my backups / work sunglasses.
I also ordered another pair of Fuse replacement lenses.
The quality is maybe a little less than the originals ( maybe my last ones were just lemons ) but OEM lenses aren't available as far as I know.
The clarity when brand new was amazing and they've resisted scratching well enough, but mirror coating didn't hold up that well over time and it wasn't really the bright chrome it was supposed to be. I also have no clue on the COO, but they do seem to have been worth the $35 they cost ( $20 for non polarized)
I wanted to try out a pair of Japanese made TAJIMA lenses which are supposed to be far superior than any OEM lenses you'll get with a pair of sunglasses, but for right about $100 I just couldn't justify it at this time.
Maybe if my current frames were in perfect condition and I hadn't just bought this other pair I'd have sprung for them.

I don't know exactly what the condition of the original lenses is on this secondhand pair I've got coming, so I'm not sure which pair will get the new lenses.

With lots of extras flying around, your home is going to get to the point you can't find anything that you haven't touched in a couple days. Been looking for my BK-7, still in the damn box and can't find that knife to save me!

All of my recent online orders have been photography related. Yeah... new lens about two weeks ago.... accessories about a couple days ago.... Now I'm eyeing up a new knife. What goes around comes around.

Last edited:
With lots of extras flying around, your home is going to get to the point you can't find anything that you haven't touched in a couple days. Been looking for my BK-7, still in the damn box and can't find that knife to save me!

All of my recent online orders have been photography related. Yeah... new lens about two weeks ago.... accessories about a couple days ago.... Now I'm eyeing up a new knife. What goes around comes around.

That's why I bought a shed a few months ago, but that won't be of much help until I can take everything that's currently in it to Goodwill.

That's why I bought a shed a few months ago, but that won't be of much help until I can take everything that's currently in it to Goodwill.
Sounds like dumpster rental time to me. Stuff must be in pretty good shape to consider donating to Goodwill.

Sounds like dumpster rental time to me. Stuff must be in pretty good shape to consider donating to Goodwill.

Looked into that for yard cleanup a while back and the only thing available in my area is one of those giant ass construction site dumpsters that cost like $350 for a couple days or something and would block half the street.

Either way taking it to Goodwill is free so I'm gonna wait and do that.

$350 is pretty reasonable actually. I have paid as much as $1000 for them. A week is typically the amount of time included and then there is a minimal daily charge after that point. Basically they want you to fill it up and they can be done with it to rent somewhere else. Normally you are not allowed to "block half the street". The usual parking spot is the driveway and you park your vehicles on the street until it's gone.

The cost business really depends on how you value your time. Every couple of years I get a small 15yd rolloff to clean up accumulated stuff in my garage. I get them (up to 40 yds) often for work stuff. They fill up a lot faster than one would think.

Last edited:
Back