Whatcha got on order ?

Ordered some Duluth undies..... I have grown to really like them to the exclusion of all other brands (at least for now). They are expensive, but they last.

I have a nail clipper SAK in my cart waiting for other odds and ends to pile up and than I'll order. Been buying photographic stuff and it has pretty much exhausted all of my disposable cash for the last couple of months. I had my steel framed mountain bike re-furbished to more of a highway bike.... sort of like the boots mentioned above.... I knew that it needed some substantial work and I could have fumbled through the process. But glad I had a third party (bike shop) do the work as I know it was done right. The wait time for that was about 30 days. Busy time for bike shops or at least the good ones.

I bought a new wheel barrow (the small 4 cu ft size). I was wheeling some garden stuff in my big 6 or 7 cu ft Jackson brand two wheel and the handle broke off (rotted off) where the bolt goes through. The two wheel models work well on level ground but really suck it there is a slope and you are running along slope. Don't need one this large any more, and replacement handles and hardware cost more than a small wheel barrow or about as much. Plus, I hated the plastic tub as heavy loads caused the bolts to pull through the plastic. Hopefully my thinking on size is correct as I really don't do any really big jobs anymore at home. This one stores easier and I suspect I will tear the old one apart and recycle the plastic tub. The old one paid for itself and I'm not real concerned about it. The old one was for work stuff. If I need a big one, I'll buy one for the specific job, but it absolutely will not have a plastic tub.

Last edited:
Ordered a new humidor.

NR6WMGo.jpg

Last edited:
Got another vintage air rifle on the way.
A pellet loading pen.
Some hard to come by fluted shank bits for a push drill.
And a copy of a video game I enjoyed as a teenager, not much of a gamer but I play them a few times a year.

Last edited:
I got some old style brass rivets (that you need to trim and peen) and setter tool coming from USA for leather works. I hope it doesn’t take forever to get them but I’m expecting the worst. :D

I want to put some funds to leather crafting - but the biggest agony is that I can’t be buying knives for a while. :D

Last edited:
Still waiting for shipping and delivery of the little Vic nail clipper SAK. Damn they are slow on the free shipping if you aren't a prime member. I got a Plus account at Sam's club and noticed they are charging shipping (a modest amount actually) on bulky items like dog food. I used to buy a lot of stuff from them, but the amount/quantities are getting smaller especially when I visit the store and they're out of stuff I normally buy there. Might just roll my membership back to the regular one and get a Prime membership?? The big A's sales during the last quarter were 3 or 4x the expected levels... you can thank covid-19 for that. The rich keep getting richer.

Kore Essentials edc tactical belt. Lots of good reviews online and a buddy of mine just got his. Looks sturdy as hell and good quality. Check them out.

Still waiting for shipping and delivery of the little Vic nail clipper SAK. Damn they are slow on the free shipping if you aren't a prime member. I got a Plus account at Sam's club and noticed they are charging shipping (a modest amount actually) on bulky items like dog food. I used to buy a lot of stuff from them, but the amount/quantities are getting smaller especially when I visit the store and they're out of stuff I normally buy there. Might just roll my membership back to the regular one and get a Prime membership?? The big A's sales during the last quarter were 3 or 4x the expected levels... you can thank covid-19 for that. The rich keep getting richer.
Want me to complain to my brother who recently got an Amazon warehouse job ?
:D:D

This covid thing made me wait two months for my 3d printed SAK scales. They were so affordable that after one month of wondering where they are - it became kind of gag to guess how long it would take for them to arrive. :D

This covid thing made me wait two months for my 3d printed SAK scales. They were so affordable that after one month of wondering where they are - it became kind of gag to guess how long it would take for them to arrive. :D
I went through that with flea treatments as it was a prescription thing here in the US and you could buy it outside the country and have it shipped to you. One order took right at two months and the most recent order took two weeks. Things settled down. I save hundreds of dollars (possibly $1000 per year) doing it this way versus going to the vet.

Hickory n steel Hickory n steel Don't worry about complaining to your brother. It's a corporate thing.... They are shifting to shipping between their fullfilment centers (their own trucking) and at the last minute having the USPS deliver the orders.

Last edited:
Which clippers did you get?

Pomsbz Pomsbz There was a recent thread by @Hairy Clipper that I eventually ordered the same. Supposed to get the order this week. He's a barber and I figured he knows what he's talking about at least when it comes to scissors. The vic clippers will get used (I think) and will be stored in my pickup as I seem to fiddle when I'm driving longer distances. It's the model 580 shown below.
vic clippers pic.JPG

Last edited:
Pomsbz Pomsbz There was a recent thread by @Hairy Clipper that I eventually ordered the same. Supposed to get the order this week. He's a barber and I figured he knows what he's talking about at least when it comes to scissors. The vic clippers will get used (I think) and will be stored in my pickup as I seem to fiddle when I'm driving longer distances. It's the model 580 shown below.
View attachment 1390043
Oh ok, I have these ones below. Very thin and tiny for travel.

043e44e3c01e0065b79685431011d3ab.jpg

Are those actually made by Victorinox in Switzerland or are they made in China or something ?
I've been interested but have yet to pick a pair up.
No idea, they're a quality item though. A bit fiddly for this orangutan due to their svelte size but otherwise far and above the usual pharmacy pot metal ones we have floating around the bathroom in various drawers for engineering, fit and finish and general quality of feel.

Last edited:
The little knife blade is of no interest to me other than using it as part of a manicure accessory. The file has a higher likely use need. Generally speaking, I don't care for the classic sized SAKs.

Looking on their site I believe these are made in China ( a dealbreaker for me in this case ) because they have these with no COO to be found and they have their other clippers which they specifically advertise as swiss made.

Got the little nail clipper, manicure Vic today. Seems really well made and I feel sure the scissors will cut. I am pleased but have only tried the clippers which are very sharp. It is a 58mm SAK with the thickness of a three layer SAK. Small enough to not really notice it and large enough to not loose it. :thumbsup:

I will move it to its new home in a few days (my pickup) after I mess with it a bit.

Back