Whatcha got on order ?

Enjoy those! They look like a really good pen/flashlight.
Olight has proven to make an excellent product. I figured it’d be an easy way to make sure my girls have a decent light on them at all times. A “kill two birds with one stone” kinda thing.

After a couple of years of using only a Sharpmaker and a leather strop, I ordered a Wicked Edge Pro Pack III on a Labor Day Weekend sale. I have never before seen a discount on WE products.

It’s slated for delivery this Thursday.

I ordered this inexpensive little " tactical " sling pack last week and it arrived today.
It seems decent enough for the $20 it cost, but I'm not expecting a ton.

It's about the perfect size for a small fishing pack, and it even fits my little OLD PAL folding chair.

I am presently waiting on delivery of a new camera lens. If it goes much longer, I am going to cancel my order.

I am presently waiting on delivery of a new camera lens. If it goes much longer, I am going to cancel my order.

I had ordered something from optics planet and after a couple months of not being shipped I canceled because I no longer needed it.

I had ordered something from optics planet and after a couple months of not being shipped I canceled because I no longer needed it.
I've purchased red dots and several pairs of binoculars from Optics Planet.

On the lens, I am willing to wait until Friday for delivery notification. If it isn't shipped by then, I am going to assume that they were selling stuff they did not have in stock without mentioning it to the buyer. They have called me a couple times; so that's points in their favor. I have considered just canceling anyway and ordering a higher quality but more expensive lens. It would do me for a longtime unless I break it. I wouldn't be yearning for the better quality lens then....

I like the little sling bag. As I think you know, I like the sling bags even hiking unless I am carrying a lot of weight.

Last edited:
I've purchased red dots and several pairs of binoculars from Optics Planet.

On the lens, I am willing to wait until Friday for delivery notification. If it isn't shipped by then, I am going to assume that they were selling stuff they did not have in stock without mentioning it to the buyer. They have called me a couple times; so that's points in their favor. I have considered just canceling anyway and ordering a higher quality but more expensive lens. It would do me for a longtime unless I break it. I wouldn't be yearning for the better quality lens then....

I like the little sling bag. As I think you know, I like the sling bags even hiking unless I am carrying a lot of weight.
I'm liking it so far, and am playing with the setup a bit.
Currently I have a few of the little 4 compartment Flambeau tuff tainers in it but they end up being bulkier while holding less than one larger one would.
The local fishing shop fell through again and the Walmarts are cleared out so I had to order the 9"x5" tuff tainer , it should hold my whole assortment of 25 or so micro crankbaits in a flatter less bulky package.

While ordering that I found this for $15 shipped ( from my home state too which should mean a short wait ) and I just had to give it a try.
12-3.jpg

It packs down to 11.8"× 6.5" which should fit in this little pack pretty well, but of course that comes at a cost because the sitting height is just under 11".

I simply want to have something with me to sit on besides the ground when I take a quick snack break, and this will hopefully do the trick.
My old OLD PAL stool fits well and is definitely well made but the size and weight is just a bit much when It's barely gonna get used.

So, you envision this as part of your shore or stream fishing setup? I prefer a vest but I know fishing vests generally mean "trout". But they are easy to store stuff in. I usually do "tackle box" in a boat. When I was a kid I carried a tackle box along the stream thinking this was the way to go. What I learned was that I made more than one trip back looking where I left it at last fishing hole. It was an old ammo box. Back then they cost $0.50. But it had no straps.... you'll do better.

So, you envision this as part of your shore or stream fishing setup? I prefer a vest but I know fishing vests generally mean "trout". But they are easy to store stuff in. I usually do "tackle box" in a boat. When I was a kid I carried a tackle box along the stream thinking this was the way to go. What I learned was that I made more than one trip back looking where I left it at last fishing hole. It was an old ammo box. Back then they cost $0.50. But it had no straps.... you'll do better.

On the bank, either river, urban pond, maybe a stream or even canal.

Picture a small single tray tackle box and it's contents, that's pretty much what this is but in pack form.
A little terminal tackle + lures, line, spare spool, scissors, and pliers.
Since it's a bag though I can also fit my reel and a mini folding chair.

I don't have a vest, but I do a couple of old BDU shirts my dad had too many of.
Not really a fishing vest , but held the snack and such that didn't fit in a tackle box which I used to use.

Last edited:
Got my old Dahon stowaway out today to get it ready for the cooler wetter months where the E scooter is less than ideal.

I dusted it off lubed everything that needed it and when airing it up I realized the original 30+ year old tires are pretty much shot at this point so I ordered a pair of white walls for it.
It's good to go for now, but I wouldn't trust these original tires for long.

Considering picking up an IMI Kidon carbine conversion kit for my Beretta PX4 .40 cal. The non NFA one, and then a folding stock for it.

IhjAjEu.jpg

Soon I'll be selling some knives to fund the project.

I love my PX4, but it's not a carry gun. I have a Steyr M9-A1 and Sig Sauer P365SAS for carry.

My PX4 has the competition trigger group, competition cam block, and metal guide rod. Perfect candidate for a conversion, and not as expensive to replace as my M1 Carbine.

Most likely I'll keep it hidden in my SUV, under some flip up floor panels. Perfect for when I have to drive into Chicago in search of miscreants, like my cousin lol. He has no car and there's been a lot of protests etc going on by him. I'm picking him up Friday to come out here. He's picking up his first gun, Steyr M9-A1 just like mine. We're both gonna get the A2-MF when it is available here.

Last edited:
Considering picking up an IMI Kidon carbine conversion kit for my Beretta PX4 .40 call. The non NFA one, and then a folding stock for it.

IhjAjEu.jpg

Soon I'll be selling some knives to fund the project.

I love my PX4, but it's not a carry gun. I have a Steyr M9-A1 and Sig Sauer P365SAS for carry.

My PX4 has the competition trigger group, competition cam block, and metal guide rod. Perfect candidate for a conversion, and not as expensive to replace as my M1 Carbine.

Most likely I'll keep it hidden in my SUV, under some flip up floor panels. Perfect for when I have to drive into Chicago in search of miscreants, like my cousin lol. He has no car and there's been a lot of protests etc going on by him. I'm picking him up Friday to come out here. He's picking up his first gun, Steyr M9-A1 just like mine. We're both gonna get the A2-MF when it is available here.
Stay safe out there, and hopefully you don't have to defend yourself.
If you do next thing you know the media will be saying you " went to a peaceful protest and opened fire " on some poor people who were " only starting fires and throwing pipe bombs ".

Stay safe out there, and hopefully you don't have to defend yourself.
If you do next thing you know the media will be saying you " went to a peaceful protest and opened fire " on some poor people who were " only starting fires and throwing pipe bombs ".

Peaceful and protest are generally mutually exclusive terms in Chicago.

But I will be as safe as possible.

Got my old Dahon stowaway out today to get it ready for the cooler wetter months where the E scooter is less than ideal.

I dusted it off lubed everything that needed it and when airing it up I realized the original 30+ year old tires are pretty much shot at this point so I ordered a pair of white walls for it.
It's good to go for now, but I wouldn't trust these original tires for long.
I had a bike shop refurbish my one bike. It needed new tires as like your's they were old and mildew'd. They were not predictably dependable. Plus, I aired the bike up before I went to the bike shop and they were already flat by the time I got there. The gearing needed some adjustment which I was not comfortable doing.

E Scooter.... you mean e-bike? The kind you peddle?

Last edited:
No it's a schwinn electric scooter.
It seems they only make the smaller kid sized versions today , for adults the higher tech E bike type has taken over.
What do you use the electric scooter for? I know that folks that do a fair amount of walking in downtown areas use scooters, but I don't believe you live in a place like that. I don't either. I have a desire for a scooter (electric) but something along the lines of the scooters you see they rent in tourist areas to "scoot around". (Not an ebike; essentially a city motor bike that is electric.) I want something that can go like 20 mph and has a range of about 20 miles. Just thinking out loud.....

Back