Whatcha got on order ?

What do you use the electric scooter for?
Just running errands around my small little town during the warmer months.
Post office, hardware store...ect.
Mine is supposed to go 15mph and 8 miles per charge but I don't think it runs quite that long.
Theres an older guy in town with a 3 wheeled thing that goes about 25 and he told me it gets around 30 per charge.
I know he often rides it to the next town over which is about 10 miles away.

Just running errands around my small little town during the warmer months.
Post office, hardware store...ect.
Mine is supposed to go 15mph and 8 miles per charge but I don't think it runs quite that long.
Theres an older guy in town with a 3 wheeled thing that goes about 25 and he told me it gets around 30 per charge.
I know he often rides it to the next town over which is about 10 miles away.
I have a real desire for one to use in National Parks to get around blocking cars and so forth. They are quiet and simple to operate. As far as I know, no license tag either. I suspect your scooter is shaped similar to one of those little ones that kids use with no motor, but of course your scooter has a motor. I considered e-bikes, but I think I would rather own a scooter (essentially an electric motor cycle type thing). I might ride it to the store and so forth just for the fun of it, but the national park application is the dominant reason for wanting one. Plus my wife said I'd kill myself if I had a real motor cycle and she's probably right. It is a motorized substitute for a bicycle.

Scored a Mitchell 308 ultralight off the bay , I think it was made in '67.
I hoped to get one for less money, but the price was fair for it's condition and I didn't spend a fortune.

The detail pictures could have been better, but this one was pretty good.

Last edited:
That's the hope, I may not even end up using the model 300 that much except for striper and catfish.
If you buy a new rod, I would suggest "light action" versus ultra light as most of the ultra light rods are very whimpy in terms of needless flex closer to the handle. I have always preferred the one piece rods about 5.5 feet long.

If you buy a new rod, I would suggest "light action" versus ultra light as most of the ultra light rods are very whimpy in terms of needless flex closer to the handle. I have always preferred the one piece rods about 5.5 feet long.

I like an easy transport 2 piece rod myself.
If I do buy a new rod it'll be a baitcaster because my uncle recently gave me a like new Abu Garcia Ambassadeur.

He did some plumbing work for someone clearing out their dads house and they gave him the entirety of the Ebay store he had selling fishing gear out of his house.

Impulse buy tonight.

7NNX5JKl.jpg

2011 LE Fender 60th Anniversary Precision Bass

Got the 308, and went all through it which didn't take very long.
Honestly I think the model 308 is a bit nicer of a reel than the 300, but they're both pretty nice.

For my kind of fresh water fishing, the 308 was always plenty of reel. If you are going after large fish or using heavier line, then use the 300. The Mitchell 300 was a classic that really started it all from my point of view even though I never owned one.

I finally received that camera lens I ordered. I seriously considered canceling my order and then decided just to let it ride and see what transpired. It wasn't real expensive and it is a fairly hard lens to obtain new for the last few months. My guess is that it is on the edge of being discontinued with no replacement other than a lens that is about 3x the price and about the same overall quality.

I ordered some aluminum slip rings and some cork to convert my old Fenwick lunkerstik into a Tennessee handle.
I tried a bit too hard to get the 308 which wouldn't quite fit onto it and cracked the reel seat, I've been wanting to try a Tennessee handle so this is the perfect opportunity.

Being on the lighter side for a medium action it's always been a good all around rod.

I ordered some aluminum slip rings and some cork to convert my old Fenwick lunkerstik into a Tennessee handle.
I tried a bit too hard to get the 308 which wouldn't quite fit onto it and cracked the reel seat, I've been wanting to try a Tennessee handle so this is the perfect opportunity.

Being on the lighter side for a medium action it's always been a good all around rod.
I hope the Tennessee handle works for you. My one brother makes custom rods (ultra-light.... essentially the same design and strength I prefer or fast tip and stiff butt and probably light action is a better characterization) with the TN handle. He fishes for trout in streams A LOT and breaks a rod or so a year one way or another. Me.... well, breaking a rod is an oddity. Last one I broke was an expensive G-Loomis with the TN handle... and I never could figure out how I broke it.... picked it up in my garage and about 6 inches of the tip fell off and it was almost brand new.... I replaced it with another just like it.... expensive for me. Put a new tip guide on it but it was too stiff at the tip then. Such is life.

Broke one in my pickup closing the tail gate on it once.... Needless to say THAT never happened again.

My USPS mail-lady told me yesterday that they set a record last week for the most packages in one day. Even beat Christmas shipping. She said EVERYONE is buying online now and having stuff shipped. Covid just tipped the scales in that direction a bit quicker in terms of trends. I received two packages yesterday. :D

Last edited:
I hope the Tennessee handle works for you.

I bought the wrong size cork that was way too big, but it was also poor quality and brittle.

The rings are not here yet, but when they arrive I can order the right sized cork.
And of course go with a different source for hopefully better quality cork too.

Found the specs of the rings and ordered an appropriate cork handle, and a couple rubberized cork end caps.
Went with a complete handle this time Instead of just cork sections.

Last edited:
Found the specs of the rings and ordered an appropriate cork handle, and a couple rubberized cork end caps.
Went with a complete handle this time Instead of just cork sections.
Hope it works out. Wouldn't it have been easier just to buy a new rod? But rods with the Tennessee handle are difficult to find. I have a number of spares....

Hope it works out. Wouldn't it have been easier just to buy a new rod? But rods with the Tennessee handle are difficult to find. I have a number of spares....
Probably, but I really like the rod and it came from my grandfather.
I like the color combo of the root beer brown blank with red wrappings and gold colored guides, and it's a nice general purpose 6"6' lighter medium action that I really like.

My favorite rod, and I'll be in it for about $35 to give it a new life.

I think I've ordered a book on weaving Panama hats, but it's in German and so is the seller.
All those years of studying German, and the only way I could penetrate the Abwehr is by feigning aphasia.
(All friends now, of course, anyway.)

We're still all friends, but they sent me something in English and it appears I've paid $10 for a picture postcard of Panama hat weaving.

I hope at least it's topless Panama hat weavers.

Back