Whatcha got on order ?

I ordered a blood pressure monitor (wrist type) as my doctor suggested that I monitor things daily. My wife has a traditional one that she uses, but I would prefer "my own". I am going to start keeping track at different times of the day to see how things change as this is something I am not very familiar with.

I also ordered a small 4mm T-type hex wrench (US made.) to keep in a small tool box in my truck. I have a set, but this is the one I use the most (and will just carry the single), so I am adding it to my little 12" tool box for my pickup along with a 1/4" drive metric ratchet and socket set (Craftsman brand), a knife that I haven't decided on yet (maybe the CRKT Razel), and probably a pair of small pliers, crescent wrench, and a multi-tool. This is primarily geared toward my camera tripod that the leg tighteners get loose periodically and the 4mm size fits the allen type nut. So, now I have a little tool box for that will always be available when I'm out and about. This is geared toward little jobs that go beyond a SAK. Nothing big.

Last edited:
I just ordered my first leather jacket, in this case it's a NOS US Municipal police surplus Taylor's leatherwear Cleveland model.

I payed $100 less from Sportsman's guide than Taylor's charges , and all their jackets are now outsourced to Pakistan.

Last edited:
I just ordered my first leather jacket, in this case it's a NOS US Municipal police surplus Taylor's leatherwear Cleveland model.

I payed $100 less from Sportsman's guide than Taylor's charges , and all their jackets are now outsourced to Pakistan.
I hope you enjoy that jacket. It pays to get a fairly "plain" leather coat or jacket so they don't go out of style "quickly". I have a couple leather jackets and coats. I seldom wear the full sized coat as I just don't dress up that often. The jackets are useful and warm.

I know how it is to want a leather jacket when you have never owned one.

Come to think of it.... I seldom wear any real "winter coats" any more as I am generally not out in the cold weather much and a lined jacket with a layer or two is my standard approach in my climate.

I know how it is to want a leather jacket when you have never owned one.
Hopefully it fits, I used their sizing charts to figure out which of the unclear sizes would fit me best.

It shipped today, but sadly it shipped via FedEx so it's gonna be a while :(.
I should have it before Christmas at least :D
If it doesn't fit I cant return it so someone will get it for Christmas.

SG had 30% off all US military surplus, so I ordered a 2 pack of these balaclava caps.

And a long sleeve US ARMY PT shirt for my dad.

SG had 30% off all US military surplus, so I ordered a 2 pack of these balaclava caps.

And a long sleeve US ARMY PT shirt for my dad.
Colman's ? I highly recommend the French military pullover , great midlayer .
IMG_20201026_142119800.jpg

Colman's ? I highly recommend the French military pullover , great midlayer .
IMG_20201026_142119800.jpg
I wear fleece as a light jacket and prefer the full length zipper. One like this would be used for layering as you suggested. Probably wouldn't choose camo.

How did it work out? You seldom say that you received the item or that it works.

How did it work out? You seldom say that you received the item or that it works.
It still hasn't arrived yet, but I will let you know when I get it.

Generally most of the stuff I order is connected to other hobbies and actual thoughts...ect are posted on the other related forums I belong to, I kind of figured everyone here could just ask each other about things if they're interested.

I don't wanna just clutter this thread with reviews that may not be cared about, so if you wanna know about something just ask me.

Last edited:
Hoppes viper bore snakes in 12 ga, .30, and .22 came today.

Actually decided on the Tavor SAR, the older model, as I was able to get a left handed one. That way I don't have to buy the parts and do the conversion myself.

I just got my leather jacket in today.

I had a feeling it was more than a couple years old, it has a manufacture date of 2/5/90.

Overall the fit is pretty good, but a bit too tight with the liner in.
I should have ordered one size up, but the way they listed the sizing didn't make that much sense to me.
I think I got more of a small when I should have ordered more of a medium size.
Luckily they are sized to accommodate the liner, so I can rememove that and be just fine.

It has 2 inner beast pockets which I really like.
The overall build quality seems really good, and the zippers are nice sturdy American made Talon zippers.

Back