Whatcha got on order ?

There is on about 90 foot in front of me right now it is 10-12 years old the round targets no longer stay up but it is still stopping 177 pellets out of my Diana 34 and 22 pellets out of my Benjamin NP2 Trail both chronograph at around 900 fps Crosman premier pellets it is always outside . It has exceeded my expectations.

I have an order from pyramid air for pump cups for my Benjamin 392 & 397 ( just in case parts) a couple tubes of pelgun oil and 8 tins of pellets. I have a Beeman p17 single pump pneumatic pellet pistol and some 1/10th size silhouette targets coming from Amazon.
That's good to year.

I wouldn't be using the pellgun oil myself.
It can eventually gum up inside your gun, and it's kind of a ripoff buying it in those little tubes.
It works, but I use Secret sauce from Mac1airguns which is better and more cost effective.
Tim macmurray came up with the stiff because he was tired of working on so many guns that were gummed up inside with secret sauce.

That's good to year.

I wouldn't be using the pellgun oil myself.
It can eventually gum up inside your gun, and it's kind of a ripoff buying it in those little tubes.
It works, but I use Secret sauce from Mac1airguns which is better and more cost effective.
Tim macmurray came up with the stiff because he was tired of working on so many guns that were gummed up inside with secret sauce.
Most of the time I use sewing machine oil the little pelgun oil tubes are convenient when out and about

I ordered a set of Crown Cabinet scrapers, and a couple of NOS vintage ball peens.
An 8oz for myself, and a 4oz I'll be setting up for my cousin who's planning to become a gunsmith.
It will will need the faces polished up.

I've already got a 4oz, but I don't think I've got and 8oz yet.

2 of these

Some birchwood Casey super blue.

An umarex Colt SAA, pellet not BB.

2 packs of spare cartridges

A left handed holster for it

And a pistol belt for it.

The holster and belt are probably made in India or Mexico, I'd be surprised if it's made in China but honestly for this air pistol it doesn't really matter.

Hickory n steel Hickory n steel That mini bike looks pretty cool , let us know how you like it. :thumbsup: I've been looking at the Crossman 2240 XL , from all accounts it's an amazing platform for under $100. Pellet guns aren't really my thing but this one is very tempting with all the options for customizing .

Hickory n steel Hickory n steel That mini bike looks pretty cool , let us know how you like it. :thumbsup: I've been looking at the Crossman 2240 XL , from all accounts it's an amazing platform for under $100. Pellet guns aren't really my thing but this one is very tempting with all the options for customizing .
Will do, I ordered two and may be upgrading one with some aftermarket parts.
I'll have to mess with it as is first thought and see how I feel.

The 2240xl is a good starting point, but you may want to have a look at the Crosman custom shop.
The sights sling and stock stash pouch here are not from Crosman , but it's just an example of what you can do.

You can get the 1400kt that's meant to he a carbine, or the 1300kt that's intended to be a pistol ( really they're all just a 2240 ), but you can end up with the same gun regardless.
With the right parts and a little work you can do something like this too, this started off as a custom shop version of the 1377 pistol.

The 13xx and 22xx platform are like the legos of the airgun world.

Last edited:
Ordered another Cold Steel Brooklyn Shorty tire thumper for myself. I say “another” because I’ve given them to my daughters and a couple friends who are afraid of keeping a firearm in their house.

Ordered another Cold Steel Brooklyn Shorty tire thumper for myself. I say “another” because I’ve given them to my daughters and a couple friends who are afraid of keeping a firearm in their house.
I hope they get unafraid soon.
I'd say you're probably better off doing nothing and waiting for the cops, then taking action with anything but a gun.

I hope they get unafraid soon.
I'd say you're probably better off doing nothing and waiting for the cops, then taking action with anything but a gun.
My daughters have both been shooting since they were young, and are well versed with firearms...they each have a pistol. The other folks I mentioned are a lost cause and are not my problem. If they’re fine with a small bat under the bed, I guess it’s better than nothing.

I have a couple of tins of H&N 20 caliber pellets coming . I had a very nice mid sixties Sheridan bluestreak drop in my lap this week.

I have a couple of tins of H&N 20 caliber pellets coming . I had a very nice mid sixties Sheridan bluestreak drop in my lap this week.
My '79 loves the Crosman made semi waisted .20's just fine , so have yet to try the h&n's.

Do you plan to leave it with the factory rear or improve it and have it drilled and tapped for a Williams 5dsh ?
The factory rear can cause barrel seperation anyway.

My '79 loves the Crosman made semi waisted .20's just fine , so have yet to try the h&n's.

Do you plan to leave it with the factory rear or improve it and have it drilled and tapped for a Williams 5dsh ?
The factory rear can cause barrel seperation anyway.
At the moment H&N pellets were about the only thing in stock anywhere that they weren't jacking the price up on . Pyramid air had no 20 cal. pellets. I have had 2 others before. I don't remember what I did with the first one I was in my teens the second one I sold 30 years ago because we where moving across several states and I needed money. That last one was deadly with the old Beeman Silver Jets. This one will probably stay stock or maybe a scope . I have Benjamin 397 and 292 both of those wear williams peep sights

At the moment H&N pellets were about the only thing in stock anywhere that they weren't jacking the price up on . Pyramid air had no 20 cal. pellets. I have had 2 others before. I don't remember what I did with the first one I was in my teens the second one I sold 30 years ago because we where moving across several states and I needed money. That last one was deadly with the old Beeman Silver Jets. This one will probably stay stock or maybe a scope . I have Benjamin 397 and 292 both of those wear williams peep sights
Just make sure you get the right scope mount, I don't actually know which one is the good one though because I don't use scopes.

Just make sure you get the right scope mount, I don't actually know which one is the good one though because I don't use scopes.
I had my last one scoped . The big thing is to mount the scope so that you don't hold the scope while pumping the gun that is what causes barrel separation. Right now I just want to get some pellets and shoot it across my chronograph to see how good the seals are

Pellets arrived , being a mid sixties gun that set in a closet for the last 20 years . I was hoping for around 650 fps ..... First shot across the chronograph was 716 fps:D slowest was 706.8 I didn't do the math but I would guesstimate somewhere around 709 average .

Pellets arrived , being a mid sixties gun that set in a closet for the last 20 years . I was hoping for around 650 fps ..... First shot across the chronograph was 716 fps:D slowest was 706.8 I didn't do the math but I would guesstimate somewhere around 709 average .
That's pretty good on 8 pumps, what weight are the pellets?

I rarely ever pump mine past 5, and usually it's just 4.
I have no chronograph so I don't know the numbers, but I do know that it has always done everything I've asked of it.
I had the valve stem break on me, seals went out, and the barrel eventually seperated.
I sent it to Tim at Mac1airguns for the barrel solder and receiver tapping, resealed it myself with one of his excellent seal kits.
Been through a lot with that rifle and wouldn't give it up for the world.

That's pretty good on 8 pumps, what weight are the pellets?

I rarely ever pump mine past 5, and usually it's just 4.
I have no chronograph so I don't know the numbers, but I do know that it has always done everything I've asked of it.
I had the valve stem break on me, seals went out, and the barrel eventually seperated.
I sent it to Tim at Mac1airguns for the barrel solder and receiver tapping, resealed it myself with one of his excellent seal kits.
Been through a lot with that rifle and wouldn't give it up for the world.
The pellets are 11.4 grains this gun is solid the guy I got it from has had it in the closet for 20 years . His grandfather bought it new I has not been abused

A repop manual for my JC higgens model 29.
Also an RKleatherworks left handed sheath for a Buck 102 woodsman I have coming.
This will be my first time buying an aftermarket sheath for a knife, usually I just make one but I'm too busy with work ,existing projects ,and crap around the house lately to make one.

For $35 shipped I decided to see what they have to offer, it's gotta at least be as good as a factory Buck sheath.

Last edited:
Back