Whatcha got on order ?

That Mac MC1 1/4dr box has already been received and rehabbed, it was originally " Coca-Cola red " missing a lot of that paint when I got it now it's banner red and hammertone grey.
I thought the retro style Craftsman decal looked good on this box, regardless of the fact that says MAC right on the handle.
Plus the majority of what's in it is Craftsman.

This is pretty much the 1/4dr box of my dreams, though admittedly I didn't actually know they existed till I bought this one a couple weeks ago.
The MC1 was offered by Mac and Matco from the 60's through the 80's and this one would be on the later side.

Last edited:
I keep receiving things I've ordered before I ever
remember to post here, I guess that shows how much stuff I'm ordering :D

I ordered this on Monday and just received it today.
It's a brand new USGI surplus 1/4 ratchet set by a company called JS technologies.

They're one of the many companies owned by the Danahar conglomerate and are one of those weird companies that offers all kinds of services to government agencies.
One of them just happens to be contracting and supplying.
The set was made by an unknown American manufacturer and the quality is surprisingly good considering the $22 I payed.

Wolfe ModFib stocked M1A Scout built on a forged Gunworks of Lower Alabama receiver w/a Wolfe 18.5" std. weight match barrel.

Sent out the parts a few weeks ago, should have the rifle back by this June
tUZaFS9.jpg

Last edited:
The New Original Henry from Henry Repeating Arms.

This picture really doesn't do it justice but I think you get the idea. By the way Henry Repeating Arms as we know it today had nothing to do with the original Henry. However Henry Repeating Arms and Uberti both make replicas of the Henry rifle. Between the two based on my research the one from Henry Repeating Arms was a better fit for me.

This will be a good fit for my collection since it was the first in the succession of those lever guns in the pistol caliber from the company eventually known as Winchester. The first was the Henry, then the Yellow Boy or 1866, next the 1873 or the Gun That Won The West. The Henry warts and all but basically the latest in tech for the day. The rifle you loaded on Sunday and were able to shoot all week long. The next two basically just improved on this technology to make the Winchester lever gun even better. The Yellow Boy which was the first with the Kings Patented Loading Gate and Forearm so your hand no longer got warm shooting the rifle. It also separated the barrel from the magazine which reduced the cost and added a bit of flexibility with different shaped barrels. The 1873 which used a stronger steel vs brass receiver. The 1873 also was the first center fired gun and it also included a dust cover which help prevent dirt and debris from getting in the action. The 1892 which I don't have just basically took it to another level by being the first one where the action was different from the rest and was strong enough to be used with smokeless powder ammunition.

If it wasn’t for the current owner of Henry Repeating Arms the company would have long since gone out of business, that guy saved them...

I have been using a Rock Chucker single stage press for 30 years. I will still use it for rifle loads . It is slow for loading pistol rounds . So I ordered this Lyman brass craft 8 station press . With 8 stations I should be able to set it up for both 380 acp and 10 mm
Uc7OMRP.jpg

I'm not at all familiar with their history but I just checked their website and based on that it appears it was 1996.

KnifeRep KnifeRep wrote, “If it wasn’t for the current owner of Henry Repeating Arms the company would have long since gone out of business, that guy saved them...”

I was mistaken in my previous post, the Henry Repeating Arms founder secured the old trademark and founded a whole new company in 1996, the family still appears to be running the company beyond the founders death today producing 300K firearms annually. I had thought they bought an existing small firearms manufacturing company and rebranded it into Henry...

There’s a good history of the company on Gunivor, http://gunivore.com/brands/henry-repeating-arms-company-overview/

I bought my first Winchester 94 .30-30 in 1975, I was 14 years old, it was my first deer rifle, I traded a Glenfield bolt .22 for it and some cash at a gun show. I have my Great Grandfather’s ‘94 in .32-40, a second year production antique firearm, I traded my first ‘94 away over 30-years ago...

Last edited:
I was mistaken in my previous post, the Henry Repeating Arms founder secured the old trademake and founded a whole new company in 1996, the family still appears to be running the company beyond the founders death today producing 300K firearms annually. I had thought they bought an existing small firearms manufacturing company and rebranded it into Henry...

There’s a good history of the company on Gunivor, http://gunivore.com/brands/henry-repeating-arms-company-overview/

I bought my first Winchester 94 .30-30 in 1975, I was 14 years old, it was my first deer rifle, I traded a Glenfield bolt .22 for it and some cash at a gun show. I have my Great Grandfather’s ‘94 in .32-30, a second year production antique firearm, I traded my first ‘94 away over 30-years ago...

Although it might be nice to have that rifle you traded away years ago I have to imagine having the earlier version and being that it was your grandfathers has to be way cooler.

Thanks for providing the link.

I just ordered a 59pc leather craft tool set of eBay for $31 free shipping, and as far as I can tell it's got all the basics I wanted.
I buy bags of leather scrap at Michael's that I use for sheaths , but I've been making do without a single actual leather working tool and the results are usually functional though sometimes a bit ugly.

For the money I'm sure they'll be nothing to write home about, but hopefully they do what they're supposed to and allow me to start making sheaths and such that I can be proud of.

IMG_0055.jpg swissbianco anodized vegetable peeler (EDIT) I guess I don't have this coming afterall; payment was refunded to me from seller with no explanation.

Last edited:
Well now I'm not sure if I'll get my leather craft kit :(

Seller uses FedEx and doesn't ship to PO boxes where I get my mail so I gave my home address, but now the tracking number says in transit to USPS, USPS will deliver this shipment please check where your mail is typically delivered.
How am I supposed to get a package delivered to my PO box when it's addressed to my house ?

I guess I'll have to go to the Post office and ask them.

I talked to the folks at the post office and they told me the FEDEX delivery will be put out tomorrow and that if it's there they'll know where it goes .

Oh and I just ordered a Wright 2426 1/4 ratchet, I've heard nothing but good things about tbese little ratchets and the grip that's said to be very comfortable in hand
I was outbid on a used Matco rebrand which was disappointing , but as it turns out Wright still makes them and they're available new for a little less than that Matco would've costed me.
Matco no longer sources them, but I don't need to pay tool truck prices for the same tool.

Last edited:
Back