Whatcha got on order ?

I also really like revolvers and this has been on my list even after getting a 22LR from the same manufacturer. Picture was taken by the dealer and should hopefully have it by the end of the week. Cool thing is that I can change the caliber from 357 to 9mm with the push of a button. I choose the Korth Mongoose over the Super Sport because of the Mongooses more classic lines.

Korth revolvers are considered really well made. Hope the revolver works out for you. I don't have any direct experience with the brand.

Korth revolvers are considered really well made. Hope the revolver works out for you. I don't have any direct experience with the brand.

Thank you.

I received it a few days ago and now I have the one I initially purchased in 22LR or a Korth 1969b from 1969 and a new Korth Mongoose in 357/38 with an extra cylinder for 9mm. Anyway you could kind of say the Korth is my Python. The Colt Python although very nice looking just wasn't as attractive or compelling to me as the Korth for various reasons. One if for nothing else that the Colt Python if it were to break would be much more difficult to find someone to work on and possibly difficult to find parts.

Unfortunately I have exceeded my limit on my photobucket account and there is no process to attach photos on this forum or I would post pictures. Currently I have no desire to join another picture hosting platform or pay photobuckets membership so I'm kind of stuck for now.

I need to get a thicker thin belt (much like one to support a gun holster). Usually need brown. No big thing, but I'm picky about what belts I choose to wear. I just want one that is stronger than the usual ones you see at the department stores. Not going to use it to support a handgun. Just want the rigidity of a thicker belt.

I know a guy.

Ya bet. Ya really want the water buffalo though its uber cool and a little cheaper.

I just got my tablet in, and darned if this isn't the biggest bunch of bullshit ever.
The second you turn it on it's Amazon this and that staring you in the face and it will not let me uninstall any of it.
I put a force stop on all of that shit just because but it will not let me uninstall any of it.

I'm pretty pissed off about it, but maybe I'll learn to love this tablet in due time.
If you have another tablet with the Kindle App, you don't get all the Amazon ads. Just thought I would mention that. It took me awhile to get used to the tablet. That's why I got a "free one" as the first one. At the time, I could see little reason for it, but folks kept telling me how useful they are. I have no interest in any of the color Kindles offered by Amazon (regardless of price).

Last edited:
....Unfortunately I have exceeded my limit on my photobucket account and there is no process to attach photos on this forum or I would post pictures. Currently I have no desire to join another picture hosting platform or pay photobuckets membership so I'm kind of stuck for now.
I hate depending on a service to post pictures. This is the dominant reason I have the Gold account here. But there is a limit here too. I just downsize my pictures a lot to well under a meg.

D Dddrees I understand about the Colt Python. I have owned several over the years but they never really "did it" for me. A 6" Python was the very first 357 mag revolver I purchased years ago. At that time, I only purchased Colt revolvers.

I love Diamondbacks however. If there was ever a cataloged 22 Python, I would own one. But that never happened. I have or had all the other DA 22 revolvers that Colt made and most of the S&W 22 revolvers as well. Saw a very nice condition Model 34 4" Smith (22) the other day at a gun shop. I was seriously tempted as I don't own one. But the Model 63 works for a small steel frame 22 revolver and I have the 5" and 3" versions.

Last edited:
If you have another tablet with the Kindle App, you don't get all the Amazon ads. Just thought I would mention that. It took me awhile to get used to the tablet. That's why I got a "free one" as the first one. At the time, I could see little reason for it, but folks kept telling me how useful they are. I have no interest in any of the color Kindles offered by Amazon (regardless of price).
I've been getting used to it, but honestly It still isn't a go-to device for me.
The camera isn't as good so I don't use it for that much, and I can't choose video quality on YouTube so it's not a go-to for that either.

It would probably be be useful for movies if I buy any that come with a digital copy code that's not expired, but I'm not going to buy any movies on the tablet.

That 60's Crosman 140 I scored off the bay has been stuck in San Fransisco for a couple days, I hope it doesn't arrive covered in rainbow stickers :D

I hate depending on a service to post pictures. This is the dominant reason I have the Gold account here. But there is a limit here too. I just downsize my pictures a lot to well under a meg.

D Dddrees I understand about the Colt Python. I have owned several over the years but they never really "did it" for me. A 6" Python was the very first 357 mag revolver I purchased years ago. At that time, I only purchased Colt revolvers.

I love Diamondbacks however. If there was ever a cataloged 22 Python, I would own one. But that never happened. I have or had all the other DA 22 revolvers that Colt made and most of the S&W 22 revolvers as well. Saw a very nice condition Model 34 4" Smith (22) the other day at a gun shop. I was seriously tempted as I don't own one. But the Model 63 works for a small steel frame 22 revolver and I have the 5" and 3" versions.

For me anyway I try to determine amongst the various options which one I would be most happiest owning that way it might be possible to purchase other types of guns as well. So although it might be nice to own a Colt Python, an older S&W, a Korth, and a Manchuria 73 I also like 1911s, lever guns, 22s, and SA revolvers as well. Sometimes it doesn’t always hold true and I”ll get more than the one but often by setting that goal it does pay off. I generally take my time and get what I want if nothing else.

For me anyway I try to determine amongst the various options which one I would be most happiest owning that way it might be possible to purchase other types of guns as well. So although it might be nice to own a Colt Python, an older S&W, a Korth, and a Manchuria 73 I also like 1911s, lever guns, 22s, and SA revolvers as well. Sometimes it doesn’t always hold true and I”ll get more than the one but often by setting that goal it does pay off. I generally take my time and get what I want if nothing else.
Me too. I have all the long guns I need for my purposes. But I love good 22 rifles. A Remington 541S was the first that I lusted over years ago. Got that and other Remington's as well as Weatherby, Marlin, Savage, Henry, CZ, Thompson Center, and so forth. I really don't want much at this point but I would love to have a CZ in 22 mag with nice wood and a Anshutz sporter with heavy barrel. Don't particularly need either.

The 1911 bug really never bit me often.

I've been getting used to it, but honestly It still isn't a go-to device for me.
The camera isn't as good so I don't use it for that much, and I can't choose video quality on YouTube so it's not a go-to for that either.

It would probably be be useful for movies if I buy any that come with a digital copy code that's not expired, but I'm not going to buy any movies on the tablet.
Mine wasn't either for the first couple of years. They grow on you. Never took a picture with my tablet or watched a movie on it.

Me too. I have all the long guns I need for my purposes. But I love good 22 rifles. A Remington 541S was the first that I lusted over years ago. Got that and other Remington's as well as Weatherby, Marlin, Savage, Henry, CZ, Thompson Center, and so forth. I really don't want much at this point but I would love to have a CZ in 22 mag with nice wood and a Anshutz sporter with heavy barrel. Don't particularly need either.

The 1911 bug really never bit me often.

I only have three 1911s myself but as I said I think I probably have a fairly modest collection when compared to most. The majority of my collection is pistols however which helps greatly when it comes to space in the safe. Not many more long guns however and I”ll need another safe. At my age I’m thinking more about retirement so I’m looking more towards enjoying what I have and not about acquiring more.

The majority of my firearm accumulation are handguns also. I am not seriously looking to add anything. I wouldn't mind a LCR in 38spl for carry as I like the 22 version. But that is not a priority at all. I am in fact selling stuff now as I find interested buyers. It is not something I spend a lot of time doing. Maybe I'll consider buying when I get things down below 10 or so handguns. I have one 1911, a Colt Ace.

On order? I just bought a new black & white laser printer to replace the one I have in my home office. Amazing how the prices have come down in 5 years. This one is made by Brother which I have had very good luck with over the years to the point of not really considering any of the other brands.

Added: Will replace my color laser printer down the road a bit when the need strikes harder. Modest production versions have come down in price a lot with these too. My current one is 10+ years old and still works. The problem is that I can't get drivers for the current operating system for it and if my oldest computer croaks, I will have to buy a new printer. As it is, I have to save documents to be printed on a zip drive and manually add those to the old computer to print. At some point I will hit the page count that kills it (factory programming); we'll see.

I seldom print color and ink jet simply doesn't work for me. Need to print something via ink jet and I can expect a trip to the store to buy new cartridges; such as waste and the cost out weighs the benefit. I have two or three of them that are probably all clogged up now with dried ink. Probably should just toss them in the trash.

On the wish list now is a compact B&W laser printer that I can easily carry to out of town jobs (motel use), but the printing need there is not great.

Last edited:
Currently I've got a very nice lightly used ( doesn't look like it was ever filed ) TT KELLY Woodslasher boys axe supposedly on it's way, went from Turlock to somewhere else to LA when it was supposed to be here yesterday o_O

Placed an order with HJE.

WRIGHT TOOL 2425 1/4" contour grip flex handle to go with my 2426 ratchet.

WRIGHT TOOL 2406 6" 1/4dr extension

And a WF/Craftsman 9-47483 33pc bit driver set.

accidentally ordered two of the Wright flex handles so I'll be gifting one to a GG friend.

I ordered an adult bib.... don't laugh. I was eating a sloppy tomato sandwich and dripped "stuff" on my brand new shirt and the stains would not come out. So, I thought.... at home if I'm gulping down a sandwich, I'll just slip the bib on and won't ruin any more shirts (especially if there are no visitors). Guess you aren't supposed to mention stuff like this. :D

Just got my tools in

And I've got more on the way.
First is a replacement #2406 extension from Wright since this one has a defective detent that won't compress.

Second is a Craftsman / Williams ratcheting bit driver and a Mac 4oz ball peen I bought from a GG member.

Back