Whatcha listnin to oo oo?

My colleague Blues Blues probably knows this recording of The Massey Hall Concert in 1953. Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, Bud Powell, Charles Mingus, Max Roach. You gotta love the Canadians. Sometimes they get it so right. Note: The sound quality is poor, but worth putting up with.

If you were with Allied forces in North Africa in 1942, Tunisia has a special resonance. Merry Christmas, music lovers — wherever you are.

Last edited:
My colleague Blues Blues probably knows this recording of The Massey Hall Concert in 1953. Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, Bud Powell, Charles Mingus, Max Roach. You gotta love the Canadians. Sometimes they get it so right. Note: The sound quality is poor, but worth putting up with.

If you were with Allied forces in North Africa in 1942, Tunisia has a special resonance. Merry Christmas music lovers, wherever you are.
I have a record of this somewhere.
It's a great listen.

This week, we're going back to 1972 and Billy Paul singing a little tune written by Gamble & Huff and Cary Gilbert. "We both know that it's wrong/But it's much too strong." Life is complicated, sports fans.

Back