Whatcha listnin to oo oo?

That was brilliant! I like the "Got hit in the neck with a hacky sack" - :D

The chorus to this song pops in my head multiple times throughout the week. The rest of the videos in the series are equally good, too.

Yes, but have not heard of Hammock before. I love the post-rock/post-metal genres (but I hate pigeonhole'ing bands into micro genres).

Mono
Mogwai
GYBE!
Explosions in the Sky
Russian Circles
Pelican
God is an Astronaut
If These Trees Could Talk
Sigur Ros

Etc...

Damn, Lorien - you and I have pretty similar interests in music! This is one of my favorite tracks on that album:

A mogwai song I forgot all about until just now revisiting this thread. It's one of their longer ones but if you like them you should enjoy it.

Not sure if you've heard of do make say think. Same label as godspeed, mono, etc. I really like 'em.

A mogwai song I forgot all about until just now revisiting this thread. It's one of their longer ones but if you like them you should enjoy it.

Not sure if you've heard of do make say think. Same label as godspeed, mono, etc. I really like 'em.

Yes and YES! This single was the first Mogwai album/song I heard. Picked it up on a whim at my local record store and was blown away. I quickly expanded my Mogwai collection shortly thereafter.

Good call on DMST as well! I was pretty hasty in my reply, but they definitely fit the bill. Was just listening to "You, You're a History in Rust" this morning. They are one of the few bands that I can listen to entire albums all the way through and not get bored.

Back