Whatcha listnin to oo oo?

Save for the occasional dance party, Justin Townes Earle and John Moreland have been in heavy rotation.

im a bit old school! I always enjoy listening to the Beatles pink Floyd and Crosby sills Nash and young, also led Zeppelin as I always seem to remember the good old days seeing a lot of these bands in concert when I lived in LA.;)
I'm a bit older school, as my top two channels on Sirius by far for the past couple of years are Channel 73 (40s Junction) and Channel 71 (Siriusly Sinatra). I think I skew their listening demos down 10 years all by myself. :D

I have liked a lot of different types of music over the years, but I'm a child of the 60s and 70s so for most of my life I have mostly listened to the kinds of bands you mention (especially Pink Floyd), and saw them all live except the Beatles :(. Been to prolly a couple of hundred rock concerts and saw too many greats to name them all. Then in the 90s, not wanting to be stuck in the music of my youth like so many, I transitioned to the "grunge band" music . . . Pearl Jam, STP, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden (!), etc.

But a couple of years ago I found myself in a rental car in SoFla traveling several times back and forth between Melbourne and Ft. Lauderdale and the only station that covered almost all of the drive was Legends Radio 100.3 FM and I fell back in love with The Great American Songbook. When I got back home I started streaming that radio station over AlGore's Interwebs (greatest radio station ever, IMO), and then got Sirius, tuned into 40s Junction and Siriusly Sinatra, and haven't looked back. Ol' Blue Eyes, Billie Holiday, Deano, Bing, Tommy Dorsey, Nancy Wilson (no, not the one from Heart), Tony Bennett, Jo Stafford / The Pied Pipers . . .

Anyway, that's what I'm listening to now. Whatever they play on Sirius 71 or 73.

Been slowing things down and listening to Sunn 0))). He has an ambient doom metal vibe. Imagine theme music to the 360 year mega storm from within the Red Eye of Jupiter...

Last edited:
Back